Options

Pastor Terry Jones Says Jesus Christ Would Burn Quoran's Too

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited September 2010 in A Moving Train
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... ontro.html

I think I'm starting to lose faith in America and its people.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Why are you losing faith?

USA is a big country full of all kinds of different people. Including idiots like Terry Jones and his followers.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Newch91 wrote:

They're are idiots all around the world, don't judge all because of one.
  • Options
    This man does not represent Christians.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    This is gonna make one hell of a south park episode :)

it's funny how Muslim and Christian extremists are so alike
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This is gonna make one hell of a south park episode :)

it's funny how Muslim and Christian extremists are so alike
    Burning books is like suicide bombings...how again? If you're referring to the Crusade or Inquisition or other things a handful of centuries ago, fair enough, but I didn't think that's what this thread was about.

As for Pastor Terry Jones....Mr Jones, please to be shutting the fuck up now, mmkay? Why must we give insane people microphones?
  • Options
    Does he not realize that Muslims also hold Jesus as a prophet and he's a respected figure?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Exactly right... just as Al Qaeda and the Taliban do not represent Islam.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    or Jesus Christ and his teachings.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh no no no, sorry cosmo.
    This one only works one way.

;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh no no no, sorry cosmo.
    This one only works one way.

;)

To be fair, it is pretty silly to compare a guy with 35 followers using religion for hatred to that of an extensive terrorist organization that stretches into multiple countries and has a few more than 35 followers and uses violence in the name of a religion. Just saying.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited September 2010
    This guy must represent many Christians, cause I haven't seen any high ranking/non high ranking Conservatives speak out against this guy and his 3 followers. I think Mitt Romney spoke out, but that's probably because he's a Mormon - and this wannabe pastor hates Mormons too. ;)

I haven't heard Fox's call this guy a wacko - nor have I heard from the many conservatives on this board speak out against this guy and his 3 followers.....

It's my opinion that many of these fake conservative Christians support what this idiot is doing.....
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    At school today, they normally have CNN on and the bottom headline said a a group is going to buy a Quoran for every Quoran burned. :clap::clap:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    At school today, they normally have CNN on and the bottom headline said a a group is going to buy a Quoran for every Quoran burned. :clap::clap:

Well, that is pretty silly to. Why are there so many idiots in the world?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I don't know why there are. This pastor is playing the Muslim extremist game of acting like a child and burning their book.
  • Options
    I sow an interview today on Hardball (msnbc) where Chris Mathews interviewed the other wannabe pastor from that cult -- and the wannabe pastor stated he was now carrying a gun because of the many threats against him and his wannabe church......Imagine what will happen if one of these wacko pastors is killed?

Your talking about a little holy war in the US. If conservatives aren't speaking out against this wacko then that means they are pretty much in line with them. If conservatives are donating 1.5 million towards fighting illegal immigration in AZ - then there has to be some fake Christian Conservatives donating money to this wacko, to make sure he follows through on his promise..... :sick:
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I sow an interview today on Hardball (msnbc) where Chris Mathews interviewed the other wannabe pastor from that cult -- and the wannabe pastor stated he was now carrying a gun because of the many threats against him and his wannabe church......Imagine what will happen if one of these wacko pastors is killed?

Your talking about a little holy war in the US. If conservatives aren't speaking out against this wacko then that means they are pretty much in line with them. If conservatives are donating 1.5 million towards fighting illegal immigration in AZ - then there has to be some donating money to this guy to make sure he follows through on his promise..... :sick:

I'm afraid of what the future is going to look like for America.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i hope it rains and those dumbasses can't light the fire....now that would be a message from the jesus i was taught about as a kid...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i hope it rains and those dumbasses can't light the fire....now that would be a message from the jesus i was taught about as a kid...
    +1.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Newch91 wrote:

not really. it effectively renders the book burning meaningless. its a form of censorship. and if they replace the ones being burned....the burning will have no impact on the total.

not like this idiot could burn enough to make a dent, still, that's the idea behind book burning, a form of censership.
  • Options

Amen Brother!
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:

Your talking about a little holy war in the US. If conservatives aren't speaking out against this wacko then that means they are pretty much in line with them. If conservatives are donating 1.5 million towards fighting illegal immigration in AZ - then there has to be some fake Christian Conservatives donating money to this wacko, to make sure he follows through on his promise..... :sick:

You're kidding right? Maybe people need to fucking ignore these, what 30-40 assholes and not give them the time on the news that they are getting. Yeah I am sure all the conservatives agree with this. :roll:

Why does everything circle back to AZ with you too?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:

You're kidding right? Maybe people need to fucking ignore these, what 30-40 assholes and not give them the time on the news that they are getting. Yeah I am sure all the conservatives agree with this. :roll:

i think this poster was pointing out the coincidence that conservatives are not voraciously condemning this pastor while they are continuing to fund and support the bill in AZ that has been struck down...i can see a parallel there...i would think that these people would stand up and say "jesus would not act this way" but nobody, as in leaders in government on the right, is voraciously saying that at all...but they will say mexican immigrants are bad when illegals from mexico are at a 10 year low in arizona....bigotry is the lesson of the day...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    tonifig8 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (everything circle back to AZ) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not all of conservatives of course :roll: :roll: , but I hadn't heard from anyone on the board and more importantly none of the GOP/ tea bag leaders haven't spoken out against these wackos...... And GOP / Tea baggers are very vocal when it comes down to their Christian values (i'm a Christian- but one of those other Christians)!!!

People in Afghanistan were burning an American flag along with a picture of the wannabe pastor---- If these wackos are being backed by some Conservatives, and if something happens to these idiots, then we are going to have a real situation on our hands........ not to mention what could possibly happen to other innocent Americans abroad.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I lean to the conservative side politically and don't particularly give a fuck about religion, but here's my take, he supposedly lives in a free country, right, so unless it's illegal then whats the problem, other than the obvious.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I lean to the conservative side politically and don't particularly give a fuck about religion, but here's my take, he supposedly lives in a free country, right, so unless it's illegal then whats the problem, other than the obvious.
    what is the problem? this guy will be motivating the enemy combatants against our soldiers and potentially making all of our workers at all of our embassies and government centers in the muslim world targets. if that happens this guy providing the motivation is an accessory to murder at best, and a treasonous bastard at worst...it has already been stated by the local government officals and law enforcement and the district attorney that he will be charged with something if he carries it out....

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

The problem is the obvious.
    The fact that terrorist will use this visual (if it happens) to inspire more hate towards America isn't going to help either......Not that I'm afraid of terrorist, well I am a little, but we don't need to fuel the fire. And more importantly this could very well affect the war and the current strategy.
  • Options
    Yeah I am sure all the conservatives agree with this. :roll:

Of course not all,..... but.......--- I was on foxnews.com right now and I was reading some article on this issue- Then I went to the bottom to read some of the comments and here are some of the comments I read
    :evil: :evil: (yes there were some that were against it) I assume that most people who follow fox are potentially/mostly Conservative
    They are upset when Christians burn their Koran, but it is OK if they burn the American flag, Christian Bibles or even American Servicemen?? I say bring the marshmellows and PORK hot dogs!!
    Yeah? So why is it okay for them (Muslims) to burn Bibles and Torahs? Muhammed was a pedophile warmonger. It is time that we exposed this false relegion for what it really is!
    hope they show it on youtube
    Be clear. Allah is not the god of Christianity. He is the god of Islam. Muslims themselves say so. Let Allah defend himself.
    Wow what about when they burn the Holy Bible or our flag? Muslims are nothing more than desert dwelling savages bent on violence and destruction of anything non-Islam. Nobody seems to get that though.
    if burning or burying is the only way to dispose of a Quran... then i guess they are doing it right. i don't see a difference between this and burning the American flag, which is their favorite past time. lighters up!
    Is allah so weak that he needs muslims to defend his honor with violence?
    Uh, so this means I should stop pissing on it? TFB.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/08 ... -word-god/
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If you can end your statement with, what's the problem other than the obvious?
    You obviously know what the problem is. :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Yeah I am sure all the conservatives agree with this. :roll:

Of course not all,..... but.......--- I was on foxnews.com right now and I was reading some article on this issue- Then I went to the bottom to read some of the comments and here are some of the comments I read
    :evil: :evil: (yes there were some that were against it) I assume that most people who follow fox are potentially/mostly Conservative
    They are upset when Christians burn their Koran, but it is OK if they burn the American flag, Christian Bibles or even American Servicemen?? I say bring the marshmellows and PORK hot dogs!!
    Yeah? So why is it okay for them (Muslims) to burn Bibles and Torahs? Muhammed was a pedophile warmonger. It is time that we exposed this false relegion for what it really is!
    hope they show it on youtube
    Be clear. Allah is not the god of Christianity. He is the god of Islam. Muslims themselves say so. Let Allah defend himself.
    Wow what about when they burn the Holy Bible or our flag? Muslims are nothing more than desert dwelling savages bent on violence and destruction of anything non-Islam. Nobody seems to get that though.
    if burning or burying is the only way to dispose of a Quran... then i guess they are doing it right. i don't see a difference between this and burning the American flag, which is their favorite past time. lighters up!
    Is allah so weak that he needs muslims to defend his honor with violence?
    Uh, so this means I should stop pissing on it? TFB.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/08 ... -word-god/
    thanks for posting. these comments are disgusting and indefensable...it shows the calliber of people who support this pastor and his actions...reading comments like that makes me ashamed to live in the same country as some of these yokels.... :oops: :oops: