Options

*** Storytellers Fanviews 5/31 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: Betterman, Unemployable, World Wide Suicide, Gone, Sleight of Hand, Army Reserve, Insignificance, Alive

1st Encore: Here's to the State of Mississippi, Life Wasted

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview only if you were in attendance.

Set list source: Message Pit ” Schragermeister” and theskyiscrape.com

Thank you for sharing, edwho

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think the summary has been covered elsewhere so here are my random thoughts:

I'm not nuts about the keyboard lead-in to Betterman, but it was good overall. Stone had a good response to a later question about the band's thoughts on the song having become a popular love song. He said it's so fun to play (for him) that he can understand why people just like it.

Ed seemed as upset as we were at the temperature but had a nice line when the brought a fan out for him, "You can turn that fan off it's doing a kind of Steven Tyler thing down here."

The crowd did an acceptable if not perfect job of piping down on the song requests. It was clear that they had thought through what they were going to play and what questions they were going to answer giving consideration to the broad audience the show will reach. Many newer songs to fit the political theme of the evening. But VH1 probably has all of the editorial input so they kept the most popular songs to a minimum so some of the new stuff will have to be included in the show. They answered "Why do Stone and Jeff switch on Smile" in the Q&A, but the rest of the questions they chose were fairly general. They answered mine which was very open ended asking Mike about his influences and my friend's which was about fans who don't agree with their politics.

Overall I think the setlist, while not necessarily what I would pick, worked well for the purposes. The band definitely got into it (Insignificance and Alive) and the crowd got into it when we weren't in total awe of the whole thing. I think everyone would have preferred more songs and a longer Q&A, perhaps with more pointed questions being answered, but they did what they set out to do, and it was way more than enough.
    .(...\................/....)
    . \....\............ /..../
    ...\....\.........../..../
    ....\..../´¯.I.¯`\..../
    ..../... I.....I....(¯ \
    ...I......I....I.....\...\
    ...I......I´¯.I´¯.I \...l
    ....\.....` ¯..¯ ´...../
    ......\__________/