America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:
    And to answer your question, no its not because they can kill. Its just fun. Why aremodel rockets fun? I dont know, they just are. its fun to light a rocket and watch it launch hundreds of feet up. Its fun to shoot clay targets and watch them shatter when you hit them.Most of my guns are .22, essentially the smallest caliber, so it isnt about killing capabilities. 
    Which I guess is why I'm okay with a lot of gun restrictions. I can still target shoot with smaller magazine limits, I can wait 10 days before shooting, I can pass a background check. 
    Ok, of course bows and arrows were created to kill also but I don't think we need fear their use in mass murders.

I still don't understand why it's important for you to shoot with live rounds. Would it be less fun for you to shoot with a paint ball or even some kind of rubber bullet?

I'm genuinely trying to understand this gun culture that is so alien to me
    When discussing mass murder with a leftist it is so hard to take them seriously.
    And this is why discussing guns with right wingers is difficult. Someone’s asking questions out of sincere curiousity and your response is to shut down the discussion, not expand it. 
    I made the assumption that since the antis are always telling me how much training should be needed it was obvious that in order to be trained you'd have to use real ammo.

You can't really train things like marksmanship with paintballs.
    Marksmanship?  

I don't see a need to train gun owners on marksmanship.  That's the military's job
    Exactly
    Not exactly. I personally hope that all gun owners are able to hit what they're aiming at. I don't understand why someone would downplay the need to be proficient with whatever tool you're using.
    The inference was that people should be required to be trained with marksmanship.  Yes, I understand the need/desire for a hunter to want to practice his/her shot.

I was referring to the idea that those in favor of gun control/registration/licensing, etc. would require marksmanship training.  I, for one, don't really care if you are a good shot.  I just believe you should have proper instruction on how to handle and store the weapon before you get a license.  Kind of like how we require people to learn traffic laws before we give them a driver's license.
    100% agree with your last paragraph. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:
    And to answer your question, no its not because they can kill. Its just fun. Why aremodel rockets fun? I dont know, they just are. its fun to light a rocket and watch it launch hundreds of feet up. Its fun to shoot clay targets and watch them shatter when you hit them.Most of my guns are .22, essentially the smallest caliber, so it isnt about killing capabilities. 
    Which I guess is why I'm okay with a lot of gun restrictions. I can still target shoot with smaller magazine limits, I can wait 10 days before shooting, I can pass a background check. 
    Ok, of course bows and arrows were created to kill also but I don't think we need fear their use in mass murders.

I still don't understand why it's important for you to shoot with live rounds. Would it be less fun for you to shoot with a paint ball or even some kind of rubber bullet?

When discussing mass murder with a leftist it is so hard to take them seriously.
    And this is why discussing guns with right wingers is difficult. Someone’s asking questions out of sincere curiousity and your response is to shut down the discussion, not expand it. 
    I made the assumption that since the antis are always telling me how much training should be needed it was obvious that in order to be trained you'd have to use real ammo.

Marksmanship?  

I don't see a need to train gun owners on marksmanship.  That's the military's job
    Exactly
    Not exactly. I personally hope that all gun owners are able to hit what they're aiming at. I don't understand why someone would downplay the need to be proficient with whatever tool you're using.
    The inference was that people should be required to be trained with marksmanship.  Yes, I understand the need/desire for a hunter to want to practice his/her shot.

I was referring to the idea that those in favor of gun control/registration/licensing, etc. would require marksmanship training.  I, for one, don't really care if you are a good shot.  I just believe you should have proper instruction on how to handle and store the weapon before you get a license.  Kind of like how we require people to learn traffic laws before we give them a driver's license.
    I totally agree with your last paragraph, and I would say that a large portion of gun owners do get that kind of education.  You are required to have it to obtain a CCW or even to hunt legally(at least in Texas).  I’m not a paying member of the NRA, but they are probably the most active group in providing the educational trainings.  
    I was able to purchase a handgun in Indiana with absolutely no training whatsoever.  I applied for a lifetime carry license which required a background check, fingerprinting, etc.  Took a week or so to get that approved which was no problem to me.

Once I had the license I bought the gun.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I totally agree with your last paragraph, and I would say that a large portion of gun owners do get that kind of education.  You are required to have it to obtain a CCW or even to hunt legally(at least in Texas).  I’m not a paying member of the NRA, but they are probably the most active group in providing the educational trainings.  
    I was able to purchase a handgun in Indiana with absolutely no training whatsoever.  I applied for a lifetime carry license which required a background check, fingerprinting, etc.  Took a week or so to get that approved which was no problem to me.

Let us know when your shopping at Walmart. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

No I will not
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2017
    mace1229 said:
    Marksmanship is needed for anyone shooting a gun. If you're a hunter a poor shot will just wound the animal and make it run off to not be found, only to suffer and slowly die. Actually happens a lot even with practice and training, but would be a lot more without it.
    I've never been hunting, but almost everyone I know who has can tell a story about how one got a way. Well, it only got away to go die slowly somewhere else.
    One of the saddest things I saw was a dead deer at the edge of a lake with an arrow in it. Poor thing ran off to get a drink after it was hit and the hunter never found him. I'm not against hunting, but its sad to see a deer go to waste like that.
    So yes, aside from just other safety issues of not practicing how to properly shoot a gun, marksmanship is a good thing.
    People who have guns should know how to use them. Just as I don't want accidents with them due to poor handling, I don't want animals suffering needlessly either.

That video of the grizzly bear getting shot multiple times from a group of redneck Cletuses still makes my blood boil: the bear... spinning around... no idea what is happening to it... while from a kilometer away the Cletuses are yelling, "Yee haw. That bear's takin' some lead!" (while simultaneously rubbing their erections).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I was at a newly opened indoor range today and had to take a 15 minute basic safety course; I must admit it was very beneficial. I wish everyone had to take a basic safety course before purchasing their initial firearm. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

No I will not
    Let us know or shop at Walmart?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was at a newly opened indoor range today and had to take a 15 minute basic safety course; I must admit it was very beneficial. I wish everyone had to take a basic safety course before purchasing their initial firearm. 
    You're an NRA member, isn't this something you can broach with the organization? I'd imagine a push by members would get the lobbyists pressuring Congress.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded”
    Illinois did when I lived there.
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    My dad scolded me when I was 10 years old engaging in a squirt gun fight with my sister.  He scolded both of us.  He didn't  let us point any toy guns at anyone.  He wasn't kidding he was visibly upset.  He didn't want us to someday accidentally treat a real gun like a squirt gun and accidentally shoot someone.
    It has served me well. I have been hunting in the woods with my dad since I was 12 years old. It's a wonderful father son thing that we do together every year.  Not all at once but every fall it's Deer, ducks, geese, grouse, pheasants, & Turkey in the spring primarily.  There's nothing easy about hunting any of these animals. It's actually very hard work to be successful at hunting.  My 72 year old dad actually got a nice 9-point buck with his bow and arrow from his tree stand Monday morning.  Yes he still climbs a tree and stands up there for hours on end waiting for the right moment.
    It's the best organic kind of meat you can get wild birds & wild deer.
    To each his own.  But hunting for me isn't all about shooting the animal you are after.  It requires skill patience and diligence. It's about getting out early in the day before sunrise, putting up with the elements often times it's very cold, enjoying some beautiful sunrises and just sitting in nature and watching the animals and birds around you watching the woods wake up in the morning you hear a tree pop, if there is no wind you here and noticed every single thing that goes on in the woods around you. And I'm here to tell you that when a tree falls in the forest it does make a noise. ;) , often times the weather changes as you're sitting there it's not all about shooting animals, most of the time you're sitting there contemplating life thinking about things it's a very complex thing.  I've spent many a day in the woods where you get nothing then go home cold and tired. 
    Try hunting ruffed grouse in a Northwoods someday if you haven't. They are a small Woodlands bird member of the Partridge Family that hang out and Young thick Conifer and deciduous forests, when they fly their wings make incredible rumbling sound startles the living hell out of you every time, and they fly super fast The spin and the zig zag, Bank Left Bank right duck and dive, through the trees super fast.  Very hard to hit, and nine times out of 10 you miss, or don't even get a shot, so when you finally do get a ruffed grouse it's very rewarding.  You need to have a good retriever dog with you as well because if you hit a grouse that's zipping through the woods at 90 miles an hour and it lands 50 yards from you are in the brush there's almost no chance in hell that you can find it on your own because you don't know exactly where it went down and they blend in with the ground.  So you need a good dog with a good nose to go over and find what you got and it's so rewarding when the dog picks it up and brings it to you it's a feeling that almost cannot be described. 
    And it is the best all white meat bird there is in my opinion.  Whitetail deer extremely sensitive to their environments you have to be awful careful skilled and no what you're doing in order to get a deer, watch where your scent is blowing be careful not to make noises like clearing your throat, coughing or whatever or a zipper clicking on your jacket. They can hear extremely well they can see extremely well and they got a nose about a hundred times better than a dog they can smell you from a hundred yards away if they're down wind of you.  So when you do get a nice dear it is super rewarding.
    Anyway,
    If you're going to own a gun for protection, competition, or hunting,
    I believe it is mandatory that you take a class if you don't have someone in your close Circle otherwise to show you how. I took a hunter education safety program when I was 12 in addition to what my dad taught me. 
    Here is a list of the very basic safety standards that every gun user should know before ever handling any kind of a gun.
    http://www.magtechammunition.com/resources/safety-university/12-golden-rules/
    I don't think I gun safety course is mandatory in order to own a gun. But if you're planning to use it for whatever, you need all the safety training you can get.  And I think open Cary and concealed Carry needs to be backed up by serious and rigerous  training before you can carry a gun in public.
    I believe that more law abiding trained and armed citizenry is the best defense against these horrific shootings. That way the crazy person doesn't get to have Open Season on whatever venue they decide to attack. Be it a movie theater, concert venue, restaurant, School, or church or whatever. Because these shootings and mass shootings all occur in gun-free zones they know that when they go in there likely nobody else is armed except them the bad guy. Because law-abiding citizens obey the sign and leave their guns at home crazies don't care what the law is and they'll bring their guns into a theater or whatever and open fire.

All of this should be common sense but obviously it isn't.

My dad scolded me when I was 10 years old engaging in a squirt gun fight with my sister.  He scolded both of us.  He didn't  let us point a toy guns at anyone.  He wasn't kidding he was visibly upset.  He didn't want us to someday accidentally treat a real gun like a squirt gun and accidentally shoot someone.
    Because he didn't want us to get comfortable pointing a gun any gun in an unsafe direction or at anyone. It has served me well. I have been hunting in the woods with my dad since I was 12 years old. It's a wonderful father son thing that we do together every year.  Not all at once but every fall it's Deer, ducks, geese, grouse, pheasants, & Turkey in the spring primarily.  There's nothing easy about hunting any of these Critters.  But it's the best organic kind of meat you can get wild birds or wild deer.
    I believe it is mandatory that you take a class if you don't have someone in your close Circle otherwise to show you how. I took a hunter education safety program when I was 12 in addition to what my dad taught me. 
    Here is a list of the very basic safety standards that every gun user should know before ever handling any kind of a gun.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded.
    It seems we've found at least one common ground with gun owners; mandatory gun safety courses prior to ownership. I would hope all of you are contacting your local NRA chapter and legislature to push for these mandatory provisions since the anti gun crowd don't understand the terminology and are too negative in their characterizations of gun violence their voices just don't have the impact of someone who owns and shoots guns regularly. If it's something you really believe in and are concerned about, then it's up to you to make us all safer. To paraphrase Smokey Bear, only you can help prevent accidental shootings!
  • Options
    This was a good article on why we need to quit making it about mental health alone.

An excerpt:

As such, I believe there are more meaningful ways for psychiatrists to help in the effort against gun violence and mass shootings: by also addressing shifting American beliefs and attitudes around guns, and about our increasingly polarized reactions to mass shootings. As but one example, in 1999, far more gun owners cited hunting, rather than self-protection, as the main reason they owned guns. By 2013, those attitudes had shifted: 48 percent said protection was the main reason to own a gun, while 32 percent pointed to hunting. The question of why Americans feel so unsafe around, and mistrustful of each other seems like a pressing one for mental health experts. Mental health expertise might also help us step back from the highly polarized conversations that emerge after mass shootings, and allow people of differing ideologies to find common ground.

Despite the mental health-gun violence dichotomy offered to us by politicians looking for easier answers, the Texas shooting was both a “guns situation” and a “mental health problem.” A problem brought about by the actions of an immensely troubled individual, and a reflection of increasingly lethal realities of everyday life in America. Psychiatrists are eager to help reduce gun violence. But when politicians ask us to predict the impossible, or reduce complex social phenomena into “mental health” issues, it’s often just an excuse for their own failure to address the problem.

Full story here https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/09/texas-shooting-mental-health-donald-trump-215807

• Options
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

It seems we've found at least one common ground with gun owners; mandatory gun safety courses prior to ownership. I would hope all of you are contacting your local NRA chapter and legislature to push for these mandatory provisions since the anti gun crowd don't understand the terminology and are too negative in their characterizations of gun violence their voices just don't have the impact of someone who owns and shoots guns regularly. If it's something you really believe in and are concerned about, then it's up to you to make us all safer. To paraphrase Smokey Bear, only you can help prevent accidental shootings!
    I like your idea bud. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RYME said:
    My dad scolded me when I was 10 years old engaging in a squirt gun fight with my sister.  He scolded both of us.  He didn't  let us point any toy guns at anyone.  He wasn't kidding he was visibly upset.  He didn't want us to someday accidentally treat a real gun like a squirt gun and accidentally shoot someone.
    It has served me well. I have been hunting in the woods with my dad since I was 12 years old. It's a wonderful father son thing that we do together every year.  Not all at once but every fall it's Deer, ducks, geese, grouse, pheasants, & Turkey in the spring primarily.  There's nothing easy about hunting any of these animals. It's actually very hard work to be successful at hunting.  My 72 year old dad actually got a nice 9-point buck with his bow and arrow from his tree stand Monday morning.  Yes he still climbs a tree and stands up there for hours on end waiting for the right moment.
    To each his own.  But hunting for me isn't all about shooting the animal you are after.  It requires skill patience and diligence. It's about getting out early in the day before sunrise, putting up with the elements often times it's very cold, enjoying some beautiful sunrises and just sitting in nature and watching the animals and birds around you watching the woods wake up in the morning you hear a tree pop, if there is no wind you here and noticed every single thing that goes on in the woods around you. And I'm here to tell you that when a tree falls in the forest it does make a noise. ;) , often times the weather changes as you're sitting there it's not all about shooting animals, most of the time you're sitting there contemplating life thinking about things it's a very complex thing.  I've spent many a day in the woods where you get nothing then go home cold and tired. 
    Try hunting ruffed grouse in a Northwoods someday if you haven't. They are a small Woodlands bird member of the Partridge Family that hang out and Young thick Conifer and deciduous forests, when they fly their wings make incredible rumbling sound startles the living hell out of you every time, and they fly super fast The spin and the zig zag, Bank Left Bank right duck and dive, through the trees super fast.  Very hard to hit, and nine times out of 10 you miss, or don't even get a shot, so when you finally do get a ruffed grouse it's very rewarding.  You need to have a good retriever dog with you as well because if you hit a grouse that's zipping through the woods at 90 miles an hour and it lands 50 yards from you are in the brush there's almost no chance in hell that you can find it on your own because you don't know exactly where it went down and they blend in with the ground.  So you need a good dog with a good nose to go over and find what you got and it's so rewarding when the dog picks it up and brings it to you it's a feeling that almost cannot be described. 
    And it is the best all white meat bird there is in my opinion.  Whitetail deer extremely sensitive to their environments you have to be awful careful skilled and know what you're doing in order to get a deer, watch where your scent is blowing be careful not to make noises like clearing your throat, coughing or whatever or a zipper clicking on your jacket. They can hear extremely well they can see extremely well and they got a nose about a hundred times better than a dog they can smell you from a hundred yards away if they're down wind of you.  So when you do get a nice dear it is super rewarding.
    Anyway,
    I don't think I gun safety course is mandatory in order to own a gun. But if you're planning to use it for whatever, you need all the safety training you can get.  And I think open Cary and concealed Carry needs to be backed up by serious and rigerous  training before you can carry a gun in public.
    I believe that more law abiding trained and armed citizenry is the best defense against these horrific shootings. That way the crazy person doesn't get to have Open Season on whatever venue they decide to attack. Be it a movie theater, concert venue, restaurant, School, or church or whatever. Because these shootings and mass shootings all occur in gun-free zones they know that when they go in there likely nobody else is armed except them the bad guy. Because law-abiding citizens obey the sign and leave their guns at home crazies don't care what the law is and they'll bring their guns into a theater or whatever and open fire.

All of this should be common sence, but obviously it isn't.
    I I made some edits to this that I thought should be seen.

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

It used to be part of school curriculum.   Bring gun safety classes back, totally agree.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

It used to be part of school curriculum.   Bring gun safety classes back, totally agree.
    Link?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Link?
    This is the closest thing I could find. It was one part of Indiana back in '56 and was in response to all the accidental shootings of children.

• Options
    It was taught right after the class on why you should fear elimination of the white race, I’m pretty sure.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Link?
    This is the closest thing I could find. It was one part of Indiana back in '56 and was in response to all the accidental shootings of children.

Don’t you know? The shangrala of Indianer!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This is why we can't take anything seriously.  Ban the chainsaws!

• Options
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Link?
    www.google.com
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Link?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/338167
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    And it is the best all white meat bird there is in my opinion.  Whitetail deer extremely sensitive to their environments you have to be awful careful skilled and know what you're doing in order to get a deer, watch where your scent is blowing be careful not to make noises like clearing your throat, coughing or whatever or a zipper clicking on your jacket. They can hear extremely well they can see extremely well and they got a nose about a hundred times better than a dog they can smell you from a hundred yards away if they're down wind of you.  So when you do get a nice dear it is super rewarding.
    Anyway,

All of this should be common sense, but obviously it isn't.

• Options
    unsung said:
    This is why we can't take anything seriously.  Ban the chainsaws!

I wonder how the victims in Texas, Orlando, Vegas and Sandy Hook would find the humor in this? Why don’t you forward it to some of them and report back? Being the tough guy you are and all.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Link?
    www.google.com
    Like I said, your humor wasn’t missed.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I'm wondering when and where the next mass shooting is going to be?

Do you think it will be with a lever action .22, a bolt action .30-06, a double barrel shotgun, or an AR15?

And how many people are going to get killed?

I know. I know. Tough questions. I'll give it a shot:

My guess is... hmmm... this is tough... I saaaayyy... oohhh... the south somewhere/ next week/ AR15/ and 24 killed (I'm not counting the wounded people- who cares about those guys). Maybe at a Chucky Cheese or something.

Now git to the range and squeeze a few rounds off! Yee Haw! Shootin' shit makes a man (well... Wranglers and buck teeth too I might add). 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'm wondering when and where the next mass shooting is going to be?

Do you think it will be with a lever action .22, a bolt action .30-06, a double barrel shotgun, or an AR15?

And how many people are going to get killed?

I know. I know. Tough questions. I'll give it a shot:

My guess is... hmmm... this is tough... I saaaayyy... oohhh... the south somewhere/ next week/ AR15/ and 24 killed (I'm not counting the wounded people- who cares about those guys). Maybe at a Chucky Cheese or something.

Now git to the range and squeeze a few rounds off! Yee Haw! Shootin' shit makes a man (well... Wranglers and buck teeth too I might add). 
    Except for the AR-15,. I own several of each of those glorified versions of a pellet guns that you mentioned & Yes I feel so manly when armed!! ;)
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

So was segregation.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.