Please play Jeremy at the Ottawa show and what the song means to me!

Corey666Corey666 Ottawa, Canada Posts: 31
edited May 2016 in The Porch
Here's the reason why. It's my first Pearl Jam show ever and I won GA Pit tickets!! My son, Jeremy (named after the song :)) was born with a profound hearing lost on both sides. Jeremy was operated on January 21 2016 for Cochlear implants and now is activated. The lyrics " Jeremy spoken..." has another meaning to me since my son can now hear and he is following therapy to speak!! I thnik it would be special for me to see it live.
Post edited by Corey666 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Corey666Corey666 Ottawa, Canada Posts: 31
    Bump
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    I hope he gets Jeremy in Ottawa.

Do you like the alternative Jeremy version from Red Rocks '95? Would love if they played that version someday again..
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    From another guy who has a son named Jeremy I hope you get it. It is a mind blowing live song.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    wow, you wouldn't imagine going to a PJ show and Jeremy not being played, in fact, it wasn't played at my first PJ show, so, let's bump and send positive vibes for Ottawa show, hope you get your song that night...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    edited April 2016
    This is why i never get tired of hearing what sometimes get called overplayed songs.... Its always someones first time seeing them.

I saw Prince last night for the first time... he did not play purple rain. I was mildly disappointed. Did not ruin the show, but it would have been a nice cherry on top.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    I hope that you get it! That would be awesome!
    Bump

Thank you guys for you comments!! In my opinion, it's fun to see that Pj fans are not just fans but like a big family!! I like to read in the forums what stories or experience the other 10c members has to share!!
    bump

• hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Coming soon
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    Aww yeah!! 20 days until the Ottawa show!! :)

Little status update on my son!! After one month and half of audio verbal therapy, Jeremy is reacting to his name and said "allo" which is hello in french haha :) really hope they play the song!!

Bump

• euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    So good all around... must be mind blowing for your son and the parents! Bonne chance ...and also I think it would be good if they played Jeremy into Leash :) See you in the pit.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/253403/leash-in-ottawa-20-years-since-played-in-canada
    euchrid said:

So good all around... must be mind blowing for your son and the parents! Bonne chance ...and also I think it would be good if they played Jeremy into Leash :) See you in the pit.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/253403/leash-in-ottawa-20-years-since-played-in-canada

Yes, it is mind blowing :) That would be awesome if they played Jeremy into Leash!! Love the idea!!
    8 days until the show!!!
    2 days :):):)
    Bump!!!
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Pretty Please! With sugar on top!
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Congrats! ...hope Leash makes it in to a Toronto set list :)