Headphone suggestion for ipod

I need a suggestion for headphones for listening to music on an iPod. I would prefer that they fold, unless this causes damage. I would like to spend less than $200. Noise canceling is a plus, but not a must.

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    edited October 2015
    This is a super-tough question to answer. The iPod puts out a ridiculously small amount of power, something like 30 mW per side. Most good-quality pro headphones require ten times that to function properly (my favorite bang-for-buck headphones, the Sony MDR-7506, are rated for 1,000 mW). The iPod is great for powering small earbuds, but nothing super hi-fi.

Some headphones are made with built-in amplifiers, which might solve the problem. Also, you could get an external headphone amplifier, but that takes away the portability of the whole thing.

I assume that you are looking for supra-aural or circum-aural headphones, as opposed to earbuds, based on your description.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    Hmmm good information. Maybe I should just stick to my earbuds. They are uncomfortable, but maybe good enough.