New Songs 3/Zoom

Jango9Jango9 Ohio Posts: 9
Has anyone still got their hands on the bootleg entitled "New Songs 3"? Here is the track listing:
1. Throw Your Arms Around Me
2. Little Wing/Maggot Brain (Milwaukee 7/9/95)
3. Habit (Seattle 5/11/95)
4. Forever In Blue Jeans
5. Against The '70s (Australia 3/22/95)
6. How Bad Do You Want To Be A Star?
7. I Only Play For Money
8. Driven To Tears
9. Redemption Song (Misoulla 2/8/95)
10. Losing My Mind (Osaka 2/21/95)
11. Extemporaneous Wanderings (Chicago 7/11/95)
12. Suggestion
13. Sheraton Gibson
14. Let me Sleep
15. Chinese Fire Drill
16. Against The '70s (Seattle 5/11/95)
17. Habit (Chicago 7/11/95)
18. I Could Prove To You
19. Nothingman
20. Three Little Birds
21. Patriot
22. Zoom

Most of these are pretty easy to find on YouTube, but there's a few in particular (Forever In Blue Jeans, How Bad Do You Want To Be A Star, I Only Play For Money, Extemporaneous Wanderings, Chinese Fire Drill, I Could Prove To You, and Zoom) that are downright impossible.
Has anyone still got this CD and are maybe willing to post these somewhere?
image take the which pearl jam song are you? quiz, a product of the imagepearljammers community.

Comments

• jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    edited January 2014
    Yep, i still have this one, but a few of those are just improvs that can be found on a lot of the 95 shows.

Not sure how to post these though
    Post edited by jimbojones1138 on
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I believe that most of these are improvs, with the exception of "Against the 70's"- I know there is a studio version of this one. Is "Chinese Fire Drill" a studio version? If so, should be put on this list?

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/194748/lost-dogs-2-stray-cats-and-other-outtakes/p1
  • Jango9Jango9 Ohio Posts: 9

Not sure how to post these though

First put the CD in your computer and import the tracks as MP3, M4A, or FLAC format. iTunes should have a built in function for this, but there are alternate methods. Then you just put the files in a zip and upload it to a site such as Mediafire or 2shared.

Is "Chinese Fire Drill" a studio version? If so, should be put on this list?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/194748/lost-dogs-2-stray-cats-and-other-outtakes/p1

I don't know. It was (to my knowledge, incorrectly) listed as being part of the Portland 7/11/95 show. Maybe it is in there, maybe it's an improv.
    image take the which pearl jam song are you? quiz, a product of the imagepearljammers community.
  • chinese firedrill and the second version of against the 70s on this disc are ed backing mike watt in portland and seattle back in 95. chinese firedrill 05/13/95, against the 70s 05/11/95. Zoom is a drunken ed calling into a radio station... just dl'd media fire...trying to figure it out...
  • theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    I love New Songs 3! That, more than anything else, was my first foray into obsessive PJ collecting, and digging really deep into what's out there. I converted my cassette to MP3s awhile back so I'd 'em longer. Good stuff.

just dl'd media fire...trying to figure it out...

You shouldn't have to download mediafire, just go to mediafire.com and create an account. There should be a button on the site to upload.
  • hm..i did both, weird. im ripping the songs to flac as we speak... hopefully thisll work
  • ...seems like patriot is mislabeled and is actually "angel"
  • it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
    Thanks Jimbo, I'll let you know if this works as soon as I can get it to download (My network is unreliable as hell, I've had 9 errors that cancelled the download so far)
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    So is Chinese Fire Drill a studio version or an improv? I miss the good old improvs.