Options

Vanilla Sky

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited September 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Saw this film a few weeks ago and just wanted to know , what the hell happened in it? It was as weird as hell. Did he die did he live?

Is there anyhow i can see my posts by clicking something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This is what happened. It seems he had an accident that killed his girlfriend and disfigured his face. Because of so much self-love and vanity, there was a point where he felt suicidal. He met another girl who was involved with his best friend. He liked this girl too. He then heard about a new treatment where after you die, they can have your brain functioning, and they program the perfect dream for you. So basically you're dreaming you're alive, but you're not and you really do not notice the difference because they erase the part where you died and implant a sequence for continuity sake.
    The part where he is in jail, it's all an "implanted" memory.
    Ok, the tricky part is that he starts to mix two things, his past life and what was his actual life. That's why he mixes the two girls. He never had as his girlfriend Penelope's character in real life. They just "implanted" that. So his "dream" is turning into a nightmare because he starts having flashbacks about how he committed suicide. He DID committed suicide. The time where he wakes up and everything is great...the part where he is lying on the sidewalk with Penelope waking him up. ..that's where the dream begins. Everything from then on, never happened.
    In reality what happened after he woke up was that he went home, feeling awful and depressed because Penelope wouldn't fall in love with him (she loved the other guy), he went home and committed suicide with pills.
    The jail parts are also dreams.
    Now, you're where he has to choose whether he wants to keep on dreaming or not at the top of the building. That's what the scene tells you. Would you rather live a dream that's so beautiful and perfect...or just let it all keep its course...in this case, the fact that he is dead.

Hope this helps! I dont remember what he chooses, I think he chooses to die than live a lie.
    I DONT REMEMBER.
    Put his faith in love and tremor Christ...
  • Options
    Oh I forgot, the dude explaining all this things at the end is the "customer support" guy that was assigned to turn his dream into a pleasant one.
    It seems his "dream" was turning into a nightmare so they called the customer support guy to help solve this "inconvenience". lol
    Put his faith in love and tremor Christ...
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Overrated rubbish I taught it was.
  • Options
    ever had a really good, i mean a FUCKING GOOD dream of something you HAVE ALWAYS WANTED and then you wake up and realize it was just a dream and you are who you are and

you don't have anything t wear today and everyone is wondering why your eyes are always puffy at work.

have bad dreams they say?

no. they were beautiful.

why so sad they say?

because they weren't real.