Options

The Greatness of Binaural

leashmanleashman Posts: 13
Wayback when on the first few listens of binaural, although excellent i thought maybe not PJ's best, HOW WRONG I WAS, the more you hear it the more it grows on you, it has turned into the PJ album i listen to more than any other and if anyone can find a better three tracks in a row than Light Years, Nothing as it Seems and Thin Air then i take off my hat to you.
If we could be heroes
just for one day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    yeah... most underrated pj album... and one of the best...

Sleight Of Hand
    Grievance
    Insignificance
    Parting Ways
    Light Years
    NAIS

could it be bad? never
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I love this album too! It is never over played-so the songs all seem so new every time I listen to it.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    don't even get me started on how binaural is pearl jam's masterpiece.... i'd say 75% of my posts deal with what a great album binaural is!!! (the other 25% is complete nonsense)

from start to finish, this album is full of suprises... it keeps growing, evolving, and getting better.... a lot of people look at the songs that were left off... and i agree, these are wonderful songs... some of pj's best... but binaural is perfect the way it is, and i would hate to see any changes to it!!!!!
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    You surely can't find another rock album like Binaural ... so much diversity on that album ... and all is good ... after it grows on you you'll be playing it every week and with every noext listen you'll love it even more than the previous time ... that was happening with me ...
  • Options
    nais got me back in to pj big time since vs.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    TO the most underrated PJ album of all time: BINAURAL.
    TO the most underrated PJ song of all time: EVACUATION.

I mean, not that the song is in my to 10, but people always seem to talk shit about it. Doesn't deserve that.

AND don't forget God's Dice people. It rocks my socks.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Originally posted by pariah
    TO the most underrated PJ album of all time: BINAURAL.
    TO the most underrated PJ song of all time: EVACUATION.

I mean, not that the song is in my to 10, but people always seem to talk shit about it. Doesn't deserve that.

AND don't forget God's Dice people. It rocks my socks.

rocks my socks?
    in this day and age, its called, "r0x0r5 my b0x0r5"

and I say, likewise
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by Echoes
    rocks my socks?
    in this day and age, its called, "r0x0r5 my b0x0r5"

and I say, likewise
    Gimme a break... I'm Dutch.... And besides, underwear is for sissies.. ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Sleight of hand may be one of their greatest songs.
    Sounds sort of like Fucking UP.
    Sometimes he hid in his radio, watching others pull into their homes. While he was drifting.
  • Options
    its a great album would have been better with fatal,sad.

Didnt like the Production of the album.

Breakerfall is cut off to short.

Greivance, Insignifigance, NAIS , Light Years, Breakerfall, Parting Ways, Thin Air are all brilliant songs.
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    Binaural is greatest the way it is... it don't need Sad, Fatal or any other song
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Fatal would have made a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice addition to Binaural.
    A man lies in his bed in a room with no door. He waits, hoping for a presence, something, anything to enter. After spending half his life searching. He still felt as blank as the ceiling at which he stared. He is alive, but feels absolutely nothing, so is he? When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him. By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs. So this is what it's like to be an adult? If he only knew now what he knew then. Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers. He decides to dream...dream up a new self...for himself.

"In 20 years no one will remember Limp Bizkit or any of these 'alternative' rip-off bands like they will Pearl Jam. They understand the word integrity, the others don't."
    - Joey Ramone

I'm trying to make this review the most popular on MMMDI - http://musicmademe.com/reviews.php?...w&reviewid=6804
  • Options
    truely a recod that gives back more to you, the more you listen to it. its the first real rock record that has come out in a while and with all the work that mike does with his guitar to create such incredible sounds (not just solos) it def is one of my favortie records of all time
    PS - lets not forget how good soon forget is
    peace
  • Options
    Binaural is an amzing record. Not my personal fave but in my top 3. "Breakerfall" is one of the bands best openers and how good is "Sleight Of Hand", surely one of the bands most underated songs. My only upset with it is the absense of "Sad" and "Fatal". How these two masterpieces never made the record I will never know. Also the production is an accquired taste. Sadly its not mine. Other than that, Binaural contains some of their best work.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    I agree with some here about SAD, maybe it's because it new to me and when something's new ya get excited over it but i just absolutely love this song so much.

I was a bit of a late bloomer with Binaural, don't know why but I really love it now especially Light Years which would rate in my top 10 all time favs. And Thin Air is truly beautiful in every way
    Dear God, save me from your followers

Avocados have a big Stone
  • Options
    very underated

sweet album except breakerfall... it just doesn't compare to Brain of J or Go as an opener...

not a huge fan of soon forget either...

everything else is genius... I love of the girl-greivance
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Ah man, Breakerfall rocks.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    that is true. at first i didn't like it very much except for a couple of tracks, now it's one of my favorites.

i really really would like it if pearl jam released another album like this.

i'm gonna listen to it right now!!!
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p