Options

So much for “face value”

jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
edited July 2018 in The Porch

That’s pretty exorbitant if I do say so myself...
2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich

Comments

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962

Wow, so GA = front row.  Looking forward to be on the rail then :bee:

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Decent shipping though!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2018
    Report that stuff to 10C as soon as you see them - they actually do go after these sellers. Apparently they have their ways.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Wow, so GA = front row.  Looking forward to be on the rail then :bee:

=)  =)
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options

Decent shipping though!
    Lmfao. I thought the same!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Report that stuff to 10C as soon as you see them - they actually do go after these sellers. Apparently they have their ways.
    Definitely - looking into that now. Hate to be seen as “that guy” but come on, that’s bullshit at the end of the day. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Definitely - looking into that now. Hate to be seen as “that guy” but come on, that’s bullshit at the end of the day. 
    Nah, you're not "that guy" for calling out scumbags! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited August 2018
    Not really a fan of this mobile set up.  I feel like going forward after these shows if it the system stays as it is today there will be too many ways to abuse the system with out even having any intention to be at the show. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    My guess is there are "seat numbers" on the GA tickets for a reason.  Just find the f*ks and kick them out.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Imagines the scenario of the fool who buys this....

6:30pm.   
    :sunglasses: that’s right, doll.  Front row!  I told you if you said yes to me i’d show you the time of your li....what.   What is this line for?”

:glasses: we’ve been here since July 17th.  Are you on the list?

”List!??  Ive got front row!  Check my ebay purchase history!”
  • Options

:sunglasses: that’s right, doll.  Front row!  I told you if you said yes to me i’d show you the time of your li....what.   What is this line for?”

Hahaha  =)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006

If the goat doesn't recognize you then you aren't on "the list"!!!
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I wish we knew who this was so the rest of us in GA can make sure he's stuck with a great view of the back of a tall dude's head.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    there are no second thoughts about it,,report it to 10c,they know what to do
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 689
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    Not really a fan of this mobile set up.  I feel like going forward after these shows if it the system stays as it is today there will be too many ways to abuse the system with out even having any intention to be at the show. 
    I actually feel the opposite. I think all tix should be mobile moving forward. It would significantly cut down on fraud. Bad people will always find a way to abuse the system no matter what the vehicle is for ticket delivery. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    there are no second thoughts about it,,report it to 10c,they know what to do
    Thanks, I contacted 10C this morning. Hopefully they get it sorted out. Hate to see anyone get taken for that amount of money.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    PJNB said:

Indeed. At least the old system forced someone to travel. This way, all someone needs to do is screenshot.

Plus, the old way gave you a nice souvenir or two.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 689
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:

Indeed. At least the old system forced someone to travel. This way, all someone needs to do is screenshot.

There are easy ways to make screenshots NOT work. I'm sure they will do that next time if they haven't already. Instructions say they won't work this time, but who knows.  
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    I wish we knew who this was so the rest of us in GA can make sure he's stuck with a great view of the back of a tall dude's head.

At 6'5" I would be happy to be someone's +1 for the sole purpose of standing in front of this d-bag.  As a plus, there is always room to dance behind me...can't tell you the number of shows I have attended where the shorter folks behind me bitch the entire time about "the tall lummox" in front of them...as if being tall precludes you from hearing.  I have turned around and dropped the "Short and late is no way to show up to a concert....If I was as vertically challenged as you, I would have gotten in line a week ago."  There I go again....making friends at a show...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:

There are easy ways to make screenshots NOT work. I'm sure they will do that next time if they haven't already. Instructions say they won't work this time, but who knows.  
    The biggest problem I have is it appears that someone can put in for lets say 10 legitimate accounts with real names/people right now. They can then put in for as many GA as they can with those 10 not caring if they intend to go or not. They can then just flip the transferable tickets on each account for a ridiculous amount of money and not care about the loss on their non transferable. They can do this from their computer at home with no intention of every seeing a show or even liking Pearl Jam. This is not even to mention that it appears that there are ways I will not mention here that allow you to let others use your non transferable. 

Yes in the past their were ways that you could flip tickets  but besides the MSG shows in 2016 you had to actually go to the venue limiting you to that show at least or those in the surrounding area. No set up is perfect but now that we know how this is run I hope they fix the loopholes that appear to be available in the future if this is the method they choose to use. 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited August 2018
    What a disgrace of a member of this fan club...
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

The biggest problem I have is it appears that someone can put in for lets say 10 legitimate accounts with real names/people right now. They can then put in for as many GA as they can with those 10 not caring if they intend to go or not. They can then just flip the transferable tickets on each account for a ridiculous amount of money and not care about the loss on their non transferable. They can do this from their computer at home with no intention of every seeing a show or even liking Pearl Jam. This is not even to mention that it appears that there are ways I will not mention here that allow you to let others use your non transferable. 

Yes in the past their were ways that you could flip tickets  but besides the MSG shows in 2016 you had to actually go to the venue limiting you to that show at least or those in the surrounding area. No set up is perfect but now that we know how this is run I hope they fix the loopholes that appear to be available in the future if this is the method they choose to use. 
    If that's actually a big problem.... geez, the only fix I can think of for that, and to still not allow people to scalp day of show, is to not allow transfers at all. And make the mobile tickets live so you can't screenshot. This would anger some fans of course (what doesn't?), but it would certainly also shut down the reselling pretty well.
  • Options
    PJWGIII said:
    What a disgrace of a member of this fan club...
    Agreed. Although they might not even be a member or even have tickets. Lots of speculative selling takes place on third party sites. Keep that in mind.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

If that's actually a big problem.... geez, the only fix I can think of for that, and to still not allow people to scalp day of show, is to not allow transfers at all. And make the mobile tickets live so you can't screenshot. This would anger some fans of course (what doesn't?), but it would certainly also shut down the reselling pretty well.
    I do not think it is a big problem now since people did not know the set up exactly before the lottery was started. Going forward I can see it being a problem. That said I have no clue what 10 club does when they see a for sure 10 club ticket on an aftermarket site for an above face price. Maybe they have this on lockdown. I hope so. Just would hate to see an influx of members for the sole reason of getting GA and flipping them. 
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    edited August 2018
    The (now) ex-husband of a coworker of mine was booted from the 10C for doing this with his Wrigley tickets last time around. 

Apparently he wasn’t using the same email or anything, so they definitely have their ways.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    I hope this fucker had a lower membership number than me!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    edited August 2018
    You could by a burner phone for nothing basically, sell the person your phone, not the tickets (doesn't violate 10 club if worded correctly) then they have both tickets and walk in with the phone. 
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The (now) ex-husband of a coworker of mine was booted from the 10C for doing this with his Wrigley tickets last time around. 

Apparently he wasn’t using the same email or anything, so they definitely have their ways.
       oh they do have their ways..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

This gives me life.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Any members from Cary NC?
    Kearnsy
This discussion has been closed.