Options

F/T - One baseball poster for another

Long shot, but if you don't ask, you'll never know...
I have a Fenway Thomas catch poster; and, maybe, just maybe, someone out there is sitting with a Wrigley Cracker Jack they will never hang, but really wished they had a Fenway catch poster to hang instead.  If so, let's trade these beauties.
And before anyone shares their 2 cents; I completely understand that the values are different, and I completely understand that the chances of this are slim.  But, I will eventually track down a Cracker Jack to hang, and someone out there may be trying to track down a Fenway Catch to hang.  At the end of the day, they were both $35 purchases, so if the value of the holder is the art to hang on your wall, and not what people sell it for on Ebay, let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    rmwatson said:
    Long shot, but if you don't ask, you'll never know...
    I have a Fenway Thomas catch poster; and, maybe, just maybe, someone out there is sitting with a Wrigley Cracker Jack they will never hang, but really wished they had a Fenway catch poster to hang instead.  If so, let's trade these beauties.
    And before anyone shares their 2 cents; I completely understand that the values are different, and I completely understand that the chances of this are slim.  But, I will eventually track down a Cracker Jack to hang, and someone out there may be trying to track down a Fenway Catch to hang.  At the end of the day, they were both $35 purchases, so if the value of the holder is the art to hang on your wall, and not what people sell it for on Ebay, let me know.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have never understood the craze about "market value for posters" I understand the concept of supply and demand, and that the 2016 Fenway and Wrigley posters were massed produced but to piggy back on what you just said, all of these posters were $35 at the end of the day, and as long as both parties feel it's a fair trade, everybody will walk away happy. Good luck on your trade.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    In the event you have trouble finding the cracker jack, I have a Vancouver 2011 poster I would be willing to let go for the Fenway Catch.  It also cost me $35 originally.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Catch >>> Cracker Jack

I'd make this trade in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the Catch.

Also, I gave Cracker Jack to my daughter, so it's off limits. I'd probably have a Kong or Lost Dogs on vinyl by now if I hadn't given it to her.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,190
    "If you build it, he will come"
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I find market value on new posters to be a crazy ideal to barter by. I'm sorry but just because someone on ebay decided Kong was worth a Rome '96 by Ward Sutton doesn't make it true. 
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Bump
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    I could throw in an Eddie 09 tour Klausen, and vinyl?