Options

Aloha

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
After hearing the news about Chris and dealing with the impact and emotions that have followed that knowledge, I've had one word on my mind, Aloha.

For those of you that don't live in Hawaii, this word probably doesn't mean more to you than a Hawaiian greeting you've seen on tv or heard at the hotel if you've ever visited Hawaii. However, the word is much more than that. Aloha is being a part of all, and all being a part of me. When there is pain - it is my pain. When there is joy - it is also mine. I respect all that is as part of the Creator and part of me. I will not willfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will take only my need and explain why it is being taken. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian - this is Aloha! 

As as bad as I feel about this loss, I know that Chris' family, members of Pearl Jam and the world feels this loss as well. Their pain is my pain and yours. We are connected in this loss and our love for this incredibly talented man who blessed our lives with music that will live on forever. Music that was the soundtrack to our adolescence and life events. 

Aloha is also infinite in a way because it means both hello and goodbye. Its a greeting, a way to express grief or love, a condolence and a salutation all rolled into one. 

My my feelings right now are Aloha...
My wishes to all of you are Aloha...
To the band I send Aloha...
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra

Comments

• Options
    joanna4136joanna4136 Rhode Island Posts: 22
    Thanks for the uplifting wisdom and spirituality on the meaning behind Aloha. It helps to think of Aloha in light of Chris not merely meaning "goodbye" but an infinite circular loop of beginning and end, death and life, happiness and sorrow. And all of it intertwined, through his music, lives on in each of us.

Thanks again, Aloha to us all.
    Be strong, be loved.