ShynerShyner Posts: 110
edited March 14 in ACTS
I take care of my grandmother she is 87 , love you all
Post edited by Shyner on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skinPosts: 13,474
    Prayers sent!
    D1B50013-8BB5-4861-B9BC-AA0D88D58DF4.jpg

The first rule of the ten club fight club is you don't talk about the ten club fight club!
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 110
    Praying for u whispering hands
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 19,043
    Very cool that you're taking care of your grandmother, Shyner.

I lost my mom to Alzheimer's in 2009. She lived too far for me to give her care but I visited and spent time with her as often as possible. I gave money to the Alzheimer's Association for a while but for personal reasons no longer support them. Hospice was hugely helpful during the time of my mothers passing and I regularly support Hospice. They were also hugely helpful during my brother-in-laws passing. They are amazing.

I saw two movies recently, "Lorenzo's Oil" and "Extraordinary Measures", both of which dealt with medical issues and in which both illustrated the stalling/slowing down/impeding of research progress that is caused by competition in medical lab research and the emphasis on financial gain over finding prevention and solutions to disease. Very frustrating to see. I begin to wonder if progress in abating Alzheimer's is being blocked in similar ways. I'd be inserted in learning more from those who are tracking the progress of research in that field.
    "Anger is an energy."
    -John Lydon
    "Lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for."
    -Martin Sheen

Adams Center, Missoula, MT 09/30/12