Options

Type of mailing system used changing?

deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
Found this on Twitter:
http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-business-practices/sponsorvideo/pearl-jams-commitment-to-the-environment-includes

If UPS is involved, is it still Mail Innovations? If so, as I replied to the tweet, there is nothing innovative about getting merch late. Hoping that it really did switch over to something that is quicker than a few weeks to get a shipment within the continental US.
2014: Cincinnati
2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    edited August 2016
    Awe you have to wait a week or two for your merch. Try a month or three without any tracking. It's the no tracking that kills, just wait three months to discover whatever you ordered has vanished into the cosmos you guess. Sure they will resend your stuff if that happens...if it's still in stock - shocker it's usually not.

Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ND, That is exactly why I'm hoping the mailing system that they are utilizing now is better than what they had before. I'm sorry that they lose stuff. That isn't cool. :frowning: Perhaps they won't lose things now.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited August 2016
    I thought Mail innovations was always UPS except the post office does the final part of the delivery to your mail box.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    It is. That's why I laughed at the UPS that was on Twitter. Wondering what changes were made in delivery speed.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    This quote is classic, "Ten Club members and Pearl Jam fans expect their items yesterday."
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited August 2016
    Oh geez, not again. The last time they made their shipping "more sustainable" they switched to Mail Innovations and suddenly everything was WAY more expensive and LESS sustainable and SLOWER because the packages all zigzagged back and forth across America, circling their destinations in gas guzzling trucks for weeks, with no apparent rhyme or reason.
    All of these statements actually seem to apply to that last change... it's like deja vu. It worries me too, being in Canada. I hope and pray that whatever they are doing makes it so packages destined for Canada are handed off to Canada Post, or else we'll be paying even more for customs brokerage fees. I paid $111 for Vault 6. If that amount goes up even more that will be somewhat upsetting.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

I paid $111 for Vault 6. If that amount goes up even more that will be somewhat upsetting.

That is absurd.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    If someone from Pearl Jam or UPS could please explain how moving a package going from the 10c warehouse 20 miles to my house routing it across a few states and taking weeks to do so is sustainable or efficient, that would be super. It seems to be getting a little better lately, but Mail Innovations = SNAFU. Commitment to the environment my ass. Mail Innovations saves 10c money on shipping so they can keep a bigger cut of the outrageous shipping charges.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    That's an old video.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    Hobbes said:

That's an old video.

Yeah, I thought this was from a few years back when they switched to Mail Innovations... why is it being newly reported? I assumed that must mean they're making another change, but maybe mnn.com is just 3 years behind the times, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I thought it was dated yesterday, but it is weird that they would run a UPS commercial for 10c stating about how the complaints have stopped because I have to bet that they haven't. I'm not asking for things to be here yesterday or in a couple of days, but continental US shouldn't take 2 weeks or better with packages shipping forward and back, circling their destination.