Options

Fake tickets to watch out for

whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,085
edited August 2016 in The Porch
I found this seller on Craigslist Chicago that emailed me this picture. I know they're fake because Field tickets are $85 and these look horrible too plus he wanted only $200 apiece
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nrslZP1azoSGQ3bDFuSG9VWDA/view?usp=drivesdk
Post edited by whoyouare72 on

Comments

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    Well duh, they were listed on Craigslist!
  • Options
    420420 Posts: 24
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    too bad there isn't an app that allows you to scan tickets with your phone to authenticate them. Or is there?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691
    edited August 2016

Well duh, they were listed on Craigslist!

I've bought and sold on CL tons of times (for face value or less, always). :) Some of those tix are legit from honest people! Ticketmaster transfers are the way to do it safely. Meet up and watch them do the ticket transfer and don't hand over money until you get the TM email confirming the transfer. That is the best way to authenticate tickets unless you want to meet the seller at the box office/will call and get them to verify them. Easy peasy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I didn't know fake tickets were still a thing. Your safest bet seems to be stubhub or the ticketmaster resell page, at least they'll protect you if the tix are fake.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021