A Musicians and Gearheads Collaboration?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
edited September 2016 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was thinking about this the other day - there are tons of awesomely awesome musicians in this forum, I met my bandmate Matt on here 7 years back and it's blossomed into an amazing musical journey and friendship. I thought it would be neat if we paired off or grouped off and collaborated on a song together. Originals, covers? Would any of you be interested? These days it's easy to collaborate without having to be in the same physical space.
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    you know I'd be all for it
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I'd be down if you'll have me :)
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    cool idea, im not in your guys league but would love to hear it
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'm in for a bass line.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Any drummers out there?
    www.cluthelee.com
    Guys, we could have like 5 guitar solos. It will be epic! Where are you at?
    www.cluthelee.com
    are we writing or covering?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I'd be interested in contributing. I can do guitar, or some faux bass with an octave pedal, maybe some background vox.

Just spitballin, but I'd be stoked to listen to some ideas and see if it sparks something. Got a few ideas kicking around that I'd be willing to toss out if this starts coming together.

This could be super cool.
    Let's write one. All who have responded in this thread, let's stick with just us & see how it goes! Dewie, you want to give us a start? Acoustic or electric guitar based? Finished demo? Matt, do you want vox, & drums? Bacon-nator you up for a guitar solo? Dudeman, bass? I will contribute percussion & additional guitar (if needed).

Easiest way will be for Dewie to mix down a high quality mp3 of his primary track and we can get the ball rolling from there. Doesn't matter what DAW you use, just make sure when it's your turn to add your part(s), you have the ability to send me a high quality AIFF or WAV file through Dropbox for me to
    mix it.

Thoughts?
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited April 2016
    I'm good for a solo, I'm also good for acoustic :)

Just let me know!
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    I know Matt and I both have a lot of unfinished instrumental stuff laying around - if Dewie would rather not start us off, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling?
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited April 2016

I know Matt and I both have a lot of unfinished instrumental stuff laying around - if Dewie would rather not start us off, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling?

sure, and percussion would be good to have right away too so that would work out pretty well.
    Yeah, go ahead and send something out. It'll be a few days before I can listen through my stuff and/or get my recording stuff setup.

Curious what the process will be. Sending out new files as parts are added? Demo stage, then go back and re-record the entire piece?

What will be expected of any ideas we may contribute? My stuff generally consists of a part or 3. I'm cool with whatever level of collaboration, just curious.

Can't wait to swap some ideas with you fine folks.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'm good with however you guys want to do this. I can record a few different bass lines and whoever does the mixing can decide which to use.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    Let's try one of my old acoustic ideas. No more than a rhythm track, maybe drums, but no bass, no additional guitars, no vocals.
    Matt if you're willing to write and do vox, would you want a completed track first or would you want to start with the basic guitar, drums, vox and then see what everyone adds?
    www.cluthelee.com
    can't wait to hear it!
    Ok, guys, I think I've got one for us to try. It's pretty basic, some chord changes here and there. You'll have to forgive me but I have no notes for it! I don't think it's in any kind of alternate tuning - but probably has a capo somewhere. Matt and I are talking on the phone tonight to catch up, so I'll talk with him about this little thing we're going to try.
    www.cluthelee.com
    is it already recorded? because I'd like to hear it just to get an idea you know?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Yup. I can do vocals. Chris & I weren't able to chat tonight, but we will soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ehbacon said:

is it already recorded? because I'd like to hear it just to get an idea you know?

It is, but it's not the bare track.
    www.cluthelee.com

What do you guys think?
    www.cluthelee.com
    The alternate 'electric' idea. You guys can pick.

www.cluthelee.com
    That pic on the second one by the way was taken at PJ20 - people walking towards the festival.
    www.cluthelee.com

What do you guys think?

I like the acoustic, I would like to hear it a little slowed down, Sounds good to me though :)
    ehbacon said:

What do you guys think?

I like the acoustic, I would like to hear it a little slowed down, Sounds good to me though :)
    I mean, I could try re-recording this, but that would take some time on my end. Perhaps it would be better to hear something Dewie has in his vaults and vote?
    www.cluthelee.com
    I'll see what I have recorded, but not sure I have much that's real bare bones. Alot of the stuff I have recorded has other guys on it in a real loose jammy format.

I think both are cool and would be happy to contribute to either. I think the acoustic number seems to have a little more room for other additions as is.

The electric tune is cool too, but I think to make it work it may need a little separation of duties. Like the guitar in the recording is trying to cover straight 6 string playing and slide guitar.
    No rush everyone, just dislocated my left shoulder, gonna be awhile until i can play guitar again :/
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

I was thinking about this the other day - there are tons of awesomely awesome musicians in this forum, I met my bandmate Matt on here 7 years back and it's blossomed into an amazing musical journey and friendship. I thought it would be neat if we paired off or grouped off and collaborated on a song together. Originals, covers? Would any of you be interested? These days it's easy to collaborate without having to be in the same physical space.

I'm in , I could sing for a girl, I can blow a harmonica, and I strum a mean rhythm, and that's all I enjoy. I won't sign up for drums these days, although yesterday I might have. Also, if originals, I can find (in my opinion) nice melody lines. Sometimes whole song arrangements

if I hear a song that's just going without words, I'm on the melody line and the words can fill in nicely later. I can do those words too

In what forum will this occur?

Can you be the organizer?
    rollings said:

I'm in , I could sing for a girl, I can blow a harmonica, and I strum a mean rhythm, and that's all I enjoy. I won't sign up for drums these days, although yesterday I might have. Also, if originals, I can find (in my opinion) nice melody lines. Sometimes whole song arrangements

if I hear a song that's just going without words, I'm on the melody line and the words can fill in nicely later. I can do those words too

In what forum will this occur?

Can you be the organizer?
    Hey Rollings! All here & I'm unofficially MC'ing the thing. We've got a few ideas and Dewie is having a look at some of his instrumentals. Stay tuned here, if this goes well I'd love to keep at it for more songs.
    www.cluthelee.com
    ehbacon said:

No rush everyone, just dislocated my left shoulder, gonna be awhile until i can play guitar again :/

Damn! That is terrible man, hope you heal up fast! We gotcha more than covered. Stay in touch when you're back in action.
    www.cluthelee.com