Options

St. Paul 2014 Full show, multicamera up and posted!

mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,661
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that the 2014 St. Paul show is posted on You Tube and available for download on Jam River as always. This show came out very nicely, as we had four members of our community donate substantial footage, two sets within the first three rows. Couple that with a continuous feed from the back and 4k footage from the side, and you have the highest quality show we've released thus far. To celebrate, Monkeewrench made several different art variants based on Grain Belt Beer, a local favorite.

Here are a few images of the art, all are included in the download

Enjoy and we'll be ready for this tour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREeDtvgc28

Comments

• Options
    I've had the privilege and pleasure of seeing a few versions of this show, each one better than the next. BTN has put out superb shows with many different sources that made one great release after another. It's crazy that this one, with only 4 main sources, amounts to one of the best, if not THE BEST fan made video yet. Whether you download this or just watch on YouTube, this is definitely one that needs to be seen (and of course heard).
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Thanks for posting and all the great work! I've been looking forward to this one.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Where can you buy the Blu-Ray DVD? I love your work!!!
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    These aren't for sale. You can watch on YouTube or download the necessary files to make your own hard copies.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Sweet! I'll be downloading this tonight!!
  • Options

Where can you buy the Blu-Ray DVD? I love your work!!!

Monkeewrench is right. They are not for sale, rather just free trade, sharing, etc. We will never try to profit off of the band's good graces on these projects. Do you have the hardware to burn Blu-ray?
  • Options
    mklmgmklmg Posts: 45
    Thanks, Man ! ! !
    St. Pete 3/29/1994
    Jones Beach 8/24/2000
    Uniondale 4/30/2003
    New York 7/8/2003
    New York 7/9/2003
    New York 6/24/2008
    New York 6/25/2008
    New York 5/20/2010
    New York 5/21/2010
    Brooklyn 10/18/2013
    Wrigley 8/22/2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Holy cow! Thanks!!!
  • Options
    scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    All of these BTN shows are terrific. Thanks for all of the time and effort to put these together! Great job!
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    New here and would love to watch this. What is the name of your YouTube channel
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Better Than Nothing Videos is our handle. The Channel page is..
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCn-WEUogXBFbwfm3nmGN3rw

You can always "open link from a new tab" by right clicking the video above too.
  • Options

And welcome to the community.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Awesome! Been hoping for this! Thanks!
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    mrussel1 said:

Better Than Nothing Videos is our handle. The Channel page is..
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCn-WEUogXBFbwfm3nmGN3rw

You can always "open link from a new tab" by right clicking the video above too.
    Lol I've actually been watching your channel already. Love it thanks for sharing
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Thank you so much, this looks great!
    I don't know why but I always have trouble with the trackers from Jam River. Are you going to post the torrent to KAT or anywhere else?
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    narnia said:

Thank you so much, this looks great!
    I don't know why but I always have trouble with the trackers from Jam River. Are you going to post the torrent to KAT or anywhere else?

Sue - I owe you this show and Mad Season. Can you PM me your address? You were on my list of people that I was making a copy for...
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    A truely magnificent addition to the catalogue! Are you planning any from the Latin American tour? There were so many cameras at Bogota it was unbelievable, and the show was one of the finest I have ever seen.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thanks - the quality of these shows and your work in general is outstanding. Really appreciate the effort. Well done.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Watched part of this on YT last night. Man, some of the shots on this look like what's playing on the big screens in the arenas! Excellent quality!
  • Options

Watched part of this on YT last night. Man, some of the shots on this look like what's playing on the big screens in the arenas! Excellent quality!

There's some trickery going on in there, but we had two people in the first row, one center and one between Ed and Mike. And another moved around the whole show. He started on the floor, moved to right wing, left wing and all around. So he brought a variety of shots.
  • Options
    djsmootdjsmoot Posts: 126
    Watching this concert right now. Awesome job. The quality is fantastic. I cannot thank you enough for making this available. This is the first show that I brought my two kids to and this will be great to share this with them again.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    milan said:

A truely magnificent addition to the catalogue! Are you planning any from the Latin American tour? There were so many cameras at Bogota it was unbelievable, and the show was one of the finest I have ever seen.

I don't have a lot of contacts in SA. There's a guy named Hugo that is pretty active, but I need help getting original footage. We're happy to do a SA show, but we want quality footage. Makes my life a whole lot easier and obviously a better product. If you know people, put them in touch with us on YT, FB or here.
  • Options
    Great job, everyone! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    can't wait!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My posts...like ghosts. Only show up when needed or spirits tell us to, like right now.

This vid is the BEST compilation of our fan base ever. Great editing and great attention to detail into the intricate details of a PJ show.

• Options
    Watched this yesterday and it was great. Thank you so much for the effort/time put into it.

I haven't been to a concert in years so pardon the question but are you allowed to bring in camera/video equipment to PJ shows?
    And what kind of 4k camera was that on the side?
    Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16
  • Options
    pjfan1971 said:

Watched this yesterday and it was great. Thank you so much for the effort/time put into it.

I haven't been to a concert in years so pardon the question but are you allowed to bring in camera/video equipment to PJ shows?
    And what kind of 4k camera was that on the side?

You definitely cannot bring in professional cameras with detachable lenses. You typically won't get any grief with a smaller camera and frankly, there are some small ones that take phenomenal video. The two in front had 1080 but small cameras. Regarding the 4k, I don't know what MFSYNC uses. I think he told me once it was a Lumix but don't quote me. I will likely get a small 4k camera for this tour and I'm confident it will work nicely. Although the 4k video has to be down sampled to 1080 to work on a blu ray, it still looks better as it is more clear on the zoom.
  • Options
    cockagecockage Posts: 456
    per the 10c policy, handheld cameras are allowed so long as they dont have detachable lenses.
    The 4K camera, i believe, is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 which currently retails from amazon at around $700.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907
    cockage said:

per the 10c policy, handheld cameras are allowed so long as they dont have detachable lenses.
    The 4K camera, i believe, is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 which currently retails from amazon at around $700.

Whoa! Must invest in the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000.
This discussion has been closed.