Options

Buenos Aires last night..

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
Just watch..i cant describe the feeling being there..
http://youtu.be/O7VyFIhrHak
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options

Just watch..i cant describe the feeling being there..
    http://youtu.be/O7VyFIhrHak

Yeah!!
    Cool part is, now you don´t have to go through the videos, you KNOW what it´s like!!
    Hope you had a wonderful time!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    looks amazing! like you finally got your holy grail.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,844
    North America needs to step up their game!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,759

Big time
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited November 2015
    Cool!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,828
    dam what a crowd. I agree North America has to step it up to match that passion. :hang_loose:
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Wow was that during the encore?
    Crazy good times!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Hey! Detroit gave one helluva standing ovation for Matt last year! :smiley:

NA is passionate damn it! I've seen some things bahahha
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I've come to the conclusion that all SA shows are this awesome. They also clearly don't have the same merch disorders Americans have.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    The chant on the video was after Swallowed Whole...

The other chant goes Ole Ole Ole Ole Pearl Jam Pearl Jam, in a different tune...

Merch disorders are not an issue, al least in Buenos Aires, because people don't buy stuff, only few people buy, and half of them are from abroad...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,927
    Surely there needs to be an official DVD of this shit!!!!!!
    Come on PJ you know you want too!!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Everyone and their mother has released a south American dvd... hopefully pj does the same one day

From what I've seen from afar, every major rock concert is like that in south america
  • Options
    I would love a SA tour DVD, with a bonus disc containing only last Buenos Aires show in it

• Options
    Such an emotional moment, I didn't want it to stop. Glad you had the chance to fell it live this time Dimitris.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited November 2015
    nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    North Americans have been lulled into complacency for the most part. People generally feel uncomfortable showing any kind of passion now (not that we'd show it in the same way as South Americans even if we did). It's really depressing. I usually feel let down by North American crowds. I love going to concerts of course, but 9 out of 10 times I feel like most of the crowd was fairly zombie-like (I'd say the usual demographic is about 15% passionate folks, 85% zombies. At a PJ show it might be more like 35/65 at best). It's sad.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    North Americans have been lulled into complacency for the most part. People generally feel uncomfortable showing any kind of passion now (not that we'd show it in the same way as South Americans even if we did). It's really depressing. I usually feel let down by North American crowds. I love going to concerts of course, but 9 out of 10 times I feel like most of the crowd was fairly zombie-like (I'd say the usual demographic is about 15% passionate folks, 85% zombies. At a PJ show it might be more like 35/65 at best). It's sad.
    I agree with this, especially the showing any kind of passion part. I don't get it.
  • Options
    pj 20 was really emotional and a lot crowd singing.
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options

pj 20 was really emotional and a lot crowd singing.

And also had a ton of people who weren't North American there. ;)
    (don't get me wrong. Not ALL NAs are like this (I'm one of them, and I'm not like that!). I'm just talking generally).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

73.47% of statistics are made up.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

73.47% of statistics are made up.

We haven't be lulled we've just gotten old. I'm all for showing excitement and singing along but for me two minutes of ole ole ole between songs would of gotten old quick.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    It's been my experience, too. If you want passion at a show you have to go to the shows that the teenagers & young adults go to. I went to a Twenty One Pilots show with my teenager, and there was a ton of passion there. Took me back to the early days of a PJ concert! Miss that. Although, I always bring my passion to PJ shows! So much so that I almost feel I need to apologize to those next to me. Then I remember where I am. No apology!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    xhausted1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    It's been my experience, too. If you want passion at a show you have to go to the shows that the teenagers & young adults go to. I went to a Twenty One Pilots show with my teenager, and there was a ton of passion there. Took me back to the early days of a PJ concert! Miss that. Although, I always bring my passion to PJ shows! So much so that I almost feel I need to apologize to those next to me. Then I remember where I am. No apology!!!
    It actually kind of proves that all the fears we had as young people about what happens to people when they "grow up" is true, more often than not. :disappointed:
    "If he only knew now what he knew then."
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    PJ_Soul said:

xhausted1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    It actually kind of proves that all the fears we had as young people about what happens to people when they "grow up" is true, more often than not. :disappointed:
    And that necessarily isn't bad. Sometimes being tired or "old" later in life means you really lived it up when younger (i.e., bad knees because you played a lot of sports, etc...). I was in the pit in Buenos Aires right in front of Ed for about 8 songs. It was fun to experience but I didn't want to do that for 3 hours. One reason was to go back with my friends but also didn't feel like screwing up my knee or something getting pushed around for 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

xhausted1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    And that necessarily isn't bad. Sometimes being tired or "old" later in life means you really lived it up when younger (i.e., bad knees because you played a lot of sports, etc...). I was in the pit in Buenos Aires right in front of Ed for about 8 songs. It was fun to experience but I didn't want to do that for 3 hours. One reason was to go back with my friends but also didn't feel like screwing up my knee or something getting pushed around for 2 hours.
    You don't have to be mobile to express passion though. I think this is a psychological thing, not a physical thing. You don't need a mosh pit for a crowd to be passionate.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

xhausted1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

Big time
    You don't have to be mobile to express passion though. I think this is a psychological thing, not a physical thing. You don't need a mosh pit for a crowd to be passionate.
    I agree. I don't necessarily equate the mosh pit with passion for PJ. I think some people just want to go to a concert and mosh.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited November 2015
    my2hands said:
    For the impatient start at 1:50. It's truly epic
  • Options

my2hands said:
    For the impatient start at 1:50. It's truly epic
    nothing beats this one
    Megadeth, Megadeth, aguante Megadeth

imagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AJYusGcF5M

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    posted also in the fanviews. Amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygND4DmaDL0
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ehbacon said:

posted also in the fanviews. Amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygND4DmaDL0

Epic
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”