Options

*** GLOBAL CITIZEN FESTIVAL SETLIST THREAD ***

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    AWESOME SHOW!
    Goodnight everyone.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited September 2015
    Longueuil said:

KB82926 said:

Stream is still up! Click at about the 2 hour and 50 minute mark.

watching it again...

Same here :smiley:
    can't wait to see bill nye again, and stone killer solo
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,843
    Ed was on fire during lightning bolt. They rocked the hell out of that song.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    EB218946 said:

Ed was on fire during lightning bolt. They rocked the hell out of that song.

just seen it again, you are right, and how the band put the audience in the mood was pretty damn good too

como se dice arengar en ingles, vieja?

• Options
    96- Ed in Pvd, NYC 1, Hartford, Ft Lauderdale
    98- Hartford, BOS 1&2 00- Bos 1&2
    03- BOS 1,2&3, NYC 1 - 04- BOS 1 &2
    05 - Borgotta 1&2
    06 - Albany, CT, BOS 1&2, NYC 1&2, Vegas
    08- MSG I & II - EV Solo NYC 1&2
    10- BOS, MSG2
    11- Ed PVD, NYC1

And a ton more. 80 something.
  • Options
    Riding train back from show now. Was in vip3 section which was probably about 80% people who were primarily there to see Pearl Jam. Crowd off a little, probably from combo of no alcohol at site, being waaaay much farther back seating wise than used to (vip3 section equivalent of rear lawn seats for most outdoor venues they play), and speech after speech that seemed like same message over and over for about 30 minutes after Beyonce ended. Just when you thought it was time to go on, they introduced another speaker, so some boos near end. Irony is these are probably the same people who have no issues waiting hours in line for Ames poster.
    Alive was very good version. Lightning Bolt maybe a little better than usual version, rest of "first set" pretty standard. Ed's voice on the non acoustic stuff maybe a little deeper/off compared to usual. Imagine definitely the highlight, especially since in Central Park. Redemption Song with Beyonce very cool too, broken up by Nelson Mandela speech. Nice version with them trading verses. Was kind of hoping for her husband to come on next and do 99 Problems again like Made in America but got the expected RITFW.
    Quality effort but if I would have paid extra premium on secondary market tickets or traveled a long way, I'd be a little disappointed.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    u can rewatch the whole here

https://youtu.be/YAPukIWbYU0?t=2h51m22s
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

OMG........MIKE SOLO WAS EPIC AT ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was indeed

• Options
    TD-2243TD-2243 Posts: 103
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Too many shows to even begin to remember.
    Long live The Pearl Jams!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of my music...
    https://soundcloud.com/fingerchili
    ------------------------------------------------------------H
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Making my way home and overall I'd say great night. My highlight was getting separated from my friend and chillin alone off to the side in VIP 2. A security guard comes and asks me why I'm alone so I say I lost my partner.
    He then tells me it's too nice of a night to be alone and let's me into VIP 1.
    I then make my way about 3 off the rail and rocked it hard as ever.
    Sometimes the stars align and good things happen!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Great show last night!

Unthought Known almost had me in tears. And I am not embarrassed to admit it.
    I just Love that song.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    The stellar performance last night makes me proud to be a Pearl Jam fan. Every aspect was wonderful, they sounded beyond terrific!
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Perhaps I'm a hater, but he didn't really need Beyonce for Redemption song, why you need circus performers? Unless they made him do it. At least it wasn't the whole band
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,584
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    IP159305 said:

Perhaps I'm a hater, but he didn't really need Beyonce for Redemption song, why you need circus performers? Unless they made him do it. At least it wasn't the whole band

I'm pretty sure nobody makes Eddie Vedder do anything.

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I'm so glad it was broadcast on TV after that delay!!!

The songs I enjoyed the most were Redemption Song, Unthought Known and Lightning Bolt. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

Great show last night!

Unthought Known almost had me in tears. And I am not embarrassed to admit it.
    I just Love that song.
    amazing show indeed, my tears came out with RITFW this time

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    amazing!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    IP159305 said:

I thought this was the highlight of the festival.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    IP159305 said:

I don't think you are a hater, but I don't think that Eddie was forced to do that, maybe it was his idea, or it was Beyoncé's, or someone of the production asked it, and they were ok to do it, who knows? I think that Ed or PJ don't have to prove or account for anything, let alone, do something they don't want to do...

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    IP159305 said:

From what I've seen Ed loves to pair up with people. Every time they tour with others they always get some people back on stage to do group performances. From Sleater Kinney to Band of Horses, to more people than I can even remember the names. Pearl Jam is always bringing people up from the opening band or whoever happens to be around to do songs with them. IMO it was a foregone conclusion that Beyonce would do some song with them. (I still think Hunger Strike would have been good!) This isn't a new thing.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,584
    IP159305 said:

Thank God wasn't the whole band..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I thought this was the highlight of the festival.

Bill Nye won the night for me. By a significant margin.
  • Options
    Are the girls playing tambourine near Ed during this his daughters? Reminds me of an interiew Ed gave a long time ago about how he had never been to NYC until he was in the band. I wonder how many of the shows they actually attend. Must be pretty cool experience for them.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 00, Detroit 03, Detroit 06, Chicago 09, EV Detroit 11, Wrigley Field 13