FEAR the Walking Dead

Starts tonight!
aqo2t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    pjradio said:

Starts tonight!

i don't really know why but i don't really have any desire to see it. I haven't really seen any of the previews.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    so how was it?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I thought it was ok. Was kind of a slow start, but picked up toward the end. I'll stick with it, for sure.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited August 2015
    pjradio said:

I thought it was ok. Was kind of a slow start, but picked up toward the end. I'll stick with it, for sure.

I enjoyed it, have to figure it will be slow as the real outbreak is just starting in the first episode. I'm hoping they will show what it will be like once zombies are everywhere in LA and the city is just falling apart. Previews make it seem like it will get crazy.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

pjradio said:

I enjoyed it, have to figure it will be slow as the real outbreak is just starting in the first episode. I'm hoping they will show what it will be like once zombies are everywhere in LA and the city is just falling apart. Previews make it seem like it will get crazy.
    Agreed. If they go too fast it will just be the same show only set in LA.

I liked it.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

pjradio said:

I really enjoyed it. I like the aspect of seeing how society reacts when the outbreak first starts. I thought the actor who plays the son with the drug problem was great. Too bad this 1st season is only 6 episodes.
  • Options

I really enjoyed it. I like the aspect of seeing how society reacts when the outbreak first starts. I thought the actor who plays the son with the drug problem was great. Too bad this 1st season is only 6 episodes.

I agree about the son actor

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    He channeled a lot of Heath Ledger's Joker, I thought!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    I really like how it shows the dead as almost invincible. They are so easily killed anymore in the original.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    That's because they know to go for the head in the original ;)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So far I think it's great! I liked the slow build. It helped develop the characters and the family dynamics. I think its interesting to watch this thing spread. A few people figured something strange was going on, some had heard about a virus, but most just went about their days normally. The shit is about to hit the fan and this thing is going to spread rapidly.The zombies are people they know, and they are not just rotting corpses. The hospital definitely knows something is up, the way they immediately moved the old man downstairs to the morgue as soon as he flatlined. Can't wait for next episode.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Thought it was pretty cool as well.
    The son reminds me more of a young Johnny Depp than Heath Ledger.
    Daughter was kinda cute too....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Good point on Johnny Depp, you're right. His acting after he got out of the hospital was where I was comparing him to Ledger's Joker.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    so what night does this come on ?

i missed the first show, hope they replay it

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS said:

so what night does this come on ?

i missed the first show, hope they replay it

Sunday nights. I think AMC will replay the pilot before the 2nd episode this week
  • Options
    Well, that ramped up nicely!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    i did get to watch it, must say that it was a good watch.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    enjoyed the first two episodes, but i still don't think we are going to get the full story as to what caused the outbreak. so far, we know people get sick and turn into walkers (simply die from the illness and reanimate). but what is this illness? where did it come from? why are some contracting such a severe case that they die from it to come back as a walker, and what is causing others to walk around completely unaffected?

i know it's only two episodes and i think the first season will have a total of six episodes (?) so maybe there might be more answers to follow. and while it's cool to see the mayhem unfold, i am more interested in where the actually illness came from. who was patient zero?

also, while LA still has electricity, would be nice to see some news clips of all hell breaking loose in other countries. give it more of a global perspective.
  • Options
    rival. said:

enjoyed the first two episodes, but i still don't think we are going to get the full story as to what caused the outbreak. so far, we know people get sick and turn into walkers (simply die from the illness and reanimate). but what is this illness? where did it come from? why are some contracting such a severe case that they die from it to come back as a walker, and what is causing others to walk around completely unaffected?

i know it's only two episodes and i think the first season will have a total of six episodes (?) so maybe there might be more answers to follow. and while it's cool to see the mayhem unfold, i am more interested in where the actually illness came from. who was patient zero?

also, while LA still has electricity, would be nice to see some news clips of all hell breaking loose in other countries. give it more of a global perspective.

I think the creators have said the cause will never be revealed (that isn't meant to read = they have a backstory and aren't telling us).
  • Options
    Rygar said:

rival. said:

I think the creators have said the cause will never be revealed (that isn't meant to read = they have a backstory and aren't telling us).
    Yeah, I think Kirkman has said he does not plan to get into the reason behind the outbreak
  • Options

Rygar said:

rival. said:

Yeah, I think Kirkman has said he does not plan to get into the reason behind the outbreak
    I like it better that way, personally.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,992
    edited September 2015
    loved the 1st two episodes...there is the who knows about it and who doesn't - conspiracy theory aspect to it.
    and just to see a way that society breaks down has me hooked...

edit - will the 6 episodes bring us to the 6th season of the original?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    is there a new one just about to start?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    yes...3rd one
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Last episode was great!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It was the best episode so far, but Jesus h Christ!!!, episodes 2 and 3 were horrible. I know TWD characters do a lot of dumb shit that get them into their pickles, but there were just so many things that were unrealistic to create drama or the easy solution....amidst all the rioting and madness, with a burning car right next to it, the sweet old pickup truck is still spotless?
  • Options
    Decent episode last night. I like the idea of them being at sea for this season. Although I'm guessing they won't have the boat to themselves for very long. And I'm already rooting for all 3 of the kids to die....why must every show make teenagers the worst and most annoying characters?!?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252

Decent episode last night. I like the idea of them being at sea for this season. Although I'm guessing they won't have the boat to themselves for very long. And I'm already rooting for all 3 of the kids to die....why must every show make teenagers the worst and most annoying characters?!?

That's probably because teenagers are annoying little shits in real life too! hahahaha!
    I thought it was a decent episode. Some dumb stuff, some good stuff.
    The whole idea of the military firebombing LA from fighter jets seemed a bit much, though we never really did get to see the events that lead to the original Walking Dead. So they are what, a few weeks in to zombies taking over and already you have people as pirates, shooting up people's boats and killing them? Seems like that would be something that would happen after some time passed where people were desperate for supplies....I dunno....
  • Options
    mca47 said:

That's probably because teenagers are annoying little shits in real life too! hahahaha!
    I thought it was a decent episode. Some dumb stuff, some good stuff.
    The whole idea of the military firebombing LA from fighter jets seemed a bit much, though we never really did get to see the events that lead to the original Walking Dead. So they are what, a few weeks in to zombies taking over and already you have people as pirates, shooting up people's boats and killing them? Seems like that would be something that would happen after some time passed where people were desperate for supplies....I dunno....
    Haha, I kept asking myself if I was such an annoying asshole when I was a teenager. The answer is clearly yes. There just seems to be so many teenage characters in TV shows recently that drive you fucking nuts. Dana Brody from Homeland is still the worst! But these 3 may give her a run for that title.

And yeah, it does seem a bit early for people to be shooting up others since the outbreak just happened. But, I do like that the show started as the outbreak was happening. A much different perspective than Rick waking up out of a coma months into the zombie apocalypse.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Fear the Swimming Dead
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.