Options

Please donate to cancer research as I race from Base 2 Space!

RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
Hi all! I am participating in a cancer research fundraiser and would love your help!

I started a thread over in the AET: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244814/please-donate-to-cancer-research-as-i-race-from-base-2-space?new=1

(Kat feel free to move the original thread over here if you like)

Quick rundown:

What are you doing?
I am climbing the stairs of the Space Needle...that's 848 stairs, 52 stories, 520' above ground.

Are you nuts?
Yes, because I'm terrified of heights! At the 100' level of the Needle, I have the option to 'turn around', but after that, I am committed...there is no turning around or dropping out after that.

Is my monetary donation tax deductible? Where does it go?
Yes, 100% is tax deductible, everything goes to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research.

Why are you doing this?
I lost my uncle to cancer, 10 years later his wife passed of breast cancer-she was my favorite auntie. My sister in law was recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. Also, this is the first time in Space Needle history they are opening the stairwells to the public for something like this.
...and I want to walk the halo, yeah, the ring on the outer most part of the Needle. Only the top 10 fundraisers and 2 randomly drawn people will get to do this. Again, yes, I am nuts.

For more answers to other questions, and to read more, please check out the thread over in AET, or if you just want to make a donation directly please visit my fundraising page: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=465904

Thank you all!

(I'm currently working funky hours, and don't have time to come here while at work, so give me some time to reply to PMs)
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Comments

• Options
    Bump for added raffle prizes!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Saturday bump.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Love the support Ani!

Bump for another 2 prize donations! Thanks to Brianlux for his mailed in donation, you rock!
    Post edited by RKCNDY on

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Bumpin' this up

Donations being made, raffle items being added, Rob is in his crocs. This is happening people. Get in on this. :peace:
  • Options
    Thanks for the support Hobbes!

Bump for some generous donations made over the weekend...check it out!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    When does the raffle end?
    Do you want anymore prizes to add to your list?
    Can I get dog tags if I donate a decent prize?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    PP193448 said:

When does the raffle end?
    Do you want anymore prizes to add to your list?
    Can I get dog tags if I donate a decent prize?

I think I'm going to end the raffle sometime mid-late September.

I can always accept more prize donations! In fact, I'm waiting for finalization on some more really cool fan-made art pieces.

How decent of a prize are we talking? Colored PJ20, or a Benny...sure, I'll get you a dog tag. Generally, I'd like to keep that gift for monetary donations-right now I have a fear of having more prizes than raffle entries.

(Jeff Dunham is awesome btw)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Close... Not colored PJ20 but the regular black one great condition, I never played it but got it from someone else that I think played it once. Let me know if you want that as a prize. I will just donate money then.
    Oh, I will definitely donate a prize that's easy to ship too... Mixup with one of my requests for concert used setlist 2013 shows from the guru Mr. Dalowsky charitable sales where I received setlist for the Spokane show that I paid for and wanted Vancouver. You can have it for another prize.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Would you like to donate both? I can add you to the list of awesome prizes!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Sure thing. I will donate both the LP set and the setlist.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Bump to the top for a holiday weekend.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    bump...have you checked out the prizes recently?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    page 1 bump

Get in on this people. Great cause. Great prizes.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Bumping on up. It's for a great cause people.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Lisa...
    I ordered my print for you!!
    I did a 16" X 16" canvas print of this image of PJ on stage in Cincinnati:

I'll let you know when it ships and then I'll send it out to you in Seattle.
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    That's a great pic, Dave!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Cutoff for getting a memory necklace is SEPTEMPER 15!

Thank you all for your generous support!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    5 days for commemorative necklaces and 23 days left to donate.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Bump, while we are waiting....
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Lisa...

AMAZING PICTURE!!!!
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Lisa...

yes Dave...great pic!

PLEASE sign it and write the show date and location on the bottom for the winner! can you send a print to Amy for the matching frame as well? you guys are awesome!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

derbydave said:

Lisa...

yes Dave...great pic!

PLEASE sign it and write the show date and location on the bottom for the winner! can you send a print to Amy for the matching frame as well? you guys are awesome!
    I already sent her this image and gave her the dimensions of the canvas!!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave said:

RKCNDY said:

derbydave said:

Lisa...

yes Dave...great pic!

I already sent her this image and gave her the dimensions of the canvas!!!
    As always, Dave, you are awesome! Bump for a fantastic print!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Bumping it up. Come on people this is for cancer research. Cancer something that has touched us all and there is even a raffle, because deep down we all have a little mech whore in us :wink:
    But seriously please help raise some funds and awareness for cancer research.

• Options
    Only three weeks left to help out with raising money for cancer research. Your donation is tax deductible as well.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Only three weeks left to help out with raising money for cancer research. Your donation is tax deductible as well.

To the top!
  • Options

Bumping it up. Come on people this is for cancer research. Cancer something that has touched us all and there is even a raffle, because deep down we all have a little mech whore in us :wink:
    But seriously please help raise some funds and awareness for cancer research.

^^this.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Lisa,
    The canvas print is scheduled for delivery TODAY...

1Z10W9W4YW30517844
    Updated: 09/15/2015 8:17 A.M. Eastern Time
    On Vehicle for Delivery Today On Vehicle for Delivery Today
    The shipment has reached the local UPS facility responsible for delivery and has been dispatched to a UPS driver.
    On Vehicle for Delivery Today
    Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
    Tuesday, 09/15/2015, By End of Day
    Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
    Wednesday, 09/16/2015, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Columbus, OH, United States, Tuesday, 09/15/2015

I'll put the requested information on the photo and get it shipped out to you in Seattle tomorrow!!
    Best of luck in your BASE2SPACE run!!
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    Last day to donate and get your commemorative necklace.
    Also in case you haven't checked out the raffle prizes here they are:

»»»»»»RAFFLE««««««
    $5 per entry, 5 entries for $20
    When making a donation, please email me a copy of your receipt, PM me for the address.
    BONUS!For every $30 donation, you will get 5 raffle entries and a dog tag style necklace engraved with a loved one's name. I will wear the necklace during my climb, and mail you back the necklace after the event. Just let me know if you would like a necklace and send me a copy of your donation receipt, or indicate it with your mailed in donation.
    (I am still sourcing out necklaces)

CUTOFF DATE FOR GETTING A NECKLACE IS SEPTEMBER 15, 2015!

PRIZES:

1). Pearl Jam Poster- Hyde Park June 25, 2010 http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/123335
    2). Pearl Jam sticker and guitar pic set-includes: 1-Eddie Vedder guitar pick, 2- Mike McCready Hockey Talkter guitar picks (one black, one white), 1-Mike McCready Flight to Mars guitar pick. Assorted Pearl Jam sticker set: Winner will receive stickers pictured. additional picks and stickers donated by monkeewrench

3) Pearl Jam Poster- Charlottesville November 1, 2013 http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/180037 donated by Amongst the Ani
    4) Mike McCready Free Ride 7"-never played donated by Amongst the Ani
    5) Mad Season Locomotive 7"-never played donated by Amongst the Ani
    6) Eddie Vedder Poster- Summer Tour 2009 http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/104750 donated by imalive
    7) Pearl Jam Auckland 2014 BDO Bootleg from the box set "Silver Pressed" donated by Ident42
    8) Pearl Jam Poster-ACL Zilker Park October 4, 2009 http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/111156 donated by Enkidu
    9) Pearl Jam holiday single set-up Devil Doll/Better Days 2011, Turning Mist/Hawaii '78 2009-autographed by Mike McCready.

10) Music for Film Box set #378 feat. Mike McCready- SEALED

donated by monkeewrench
    11) Pearl Jam Copenhagen 2012 Maxx 242/McFarlane http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/154255 donated by monkeewrench
    12) Pearl Jam Portland 2013 EMEK http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/181851 donated by monkeewrench
    13) PJ20 vinyl BLACK-opened, excellent condition donated by PP193448
    14) Pearl Jam setlist from Spokane 2013 donated by PP193448
    15) Pearl Jam Poster-Toronto 2005 imagedoanted by imalive
    16) Eddie Vedde Tour Poster-2009 imagedonated by imalive
    17) Canvas Print of Pearl Jam Cincy photo taken by Darby Dave-donated by derbydave matching handmade stained glass photo frame included donated by deadendp (see print here: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244883/please-donate-to-cancer-research-as-i-race-from-base-2-space#latest)