Options

Who likes to fish? Let's start a PJ fishing report

Well, spring has finally been in the air in the Midwest the past few days and that means it's almost time to hit the water. Anyone care to share where you been fishing or where you are going. I am gearing up for a trip down south to southern Illinois lake kinkaid for some early season Musky fishing in Mid April w/ the oldman. I was also trying to find the time to head to Bull shoals Arkansas for some fly fishing on the white River.... Tight lines

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Paging Speedy!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like crabbing.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    White bass trip planned for Memorial day in Freemont WI. Then I spend my entire month of June on our lovely lakefront, Montrose Harbor, catching Jumbo Perch. I'll also hit some of the area lakes, like Busse, just to see what's going on. Dan, you should join me one morning at Montrose. Yeah its only Perch, but I catch my limit of Jumbo quite often.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    MyFathersSonMyFathersSon Chicago, IL Posts: 114
    Love the idea....First weekend in May I will be bass fishing on Lake Delevan in Wisconsin. Usually head up to Minocqua, WI to do some Musky and Northern pike fishing around July and then again in the fall.......Random musky day trips to Pewakee and Okachee in Wisconsin as well.....Also, random trips to Delavan for small mouth bass......
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    My summertime therapy
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Christian Laettnar was making the rounds on ESPN yesterday, pimping his new 30 for 30 AND his website muskielife.com
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Love the idea....First weekend in May I will be bass fishing on Lake Delevan in Wisconsin. Usually head up to Minocqua, WI to do some Musky and Northern pike fishing around July and then again in the fall.......Random musky day trips to Pewakee and Okachee in Wisconsin as well.....Also, random trips to Delavan for small mouth bass......

Nice, A fellow Musky fisherman. I as well head up to Minocqua and Mani Waters/Boudler Junction. I can't wait to pitch the big baits..
  • Options
    imalive said:

Christian Laettnar was making the rounds on ESPN yesterday, pimping his new 30 for 30 AND his website muskielife.com

I need to check that out. I heard he was a big Musky fisherman. Guy has got to use a 11 Ft. rod being 6'11 and all
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Go offshore out Jupiter Inlet for Dolphin or Kingfish with the boys every now and then ,when it's flat.Sabiki on the schools for some live shiners and head about 3 miles out where the ocean floor drops.Watch the sunrise from the water,Catch some dinner,but mostly fight some crappy Bonita,get a workout,fuck with the bull sharks,and work up a Sunburn.good times.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Go offshore out Jupiter Inlet for Dolphin or Kingfish with the boys every now and then ,when it's flat.Sabiki on the schools for some live shiners and head about 3 miles out where the ocean floor drops.Watch the sunrise from the water,Catch some dinner,but mostly fight some crappy Bonita,get a workout,fuck with the bull sharks,and work up a Sunburn.good times.

sounds fuckin awesome
  • Options
    Last time we went out,had a Bonita on,Bull sharks circling,toying with it.We were kinda playing with them by leaving the Bonita on.a rabid fuckin Dolphin(Flipper not Mahi Mahi) blasts the fish and runs with it.The Sharks don't want anything to do with the dolphin.Hes the alpha.Got it all on film it's wild.left a head with no meat.Dolphins can be bad ass.
  • Options
    MyFathersSonMyFathersSon Chicago, IL Posts: 114
    muskydan said:

Nice, A fellow Musky fisherman. I as well head up to Minocqua and Mani Waters/Boudler Junction. I can't wait to pitch the big baits..
    I like throwing my pacemaker up north....orange and black....if the water temp is over 70 it drives the big ones crazy!!!!

Whats your favorite lure to use up north? What bait shop do you use up there? Rollie and Helens or Kurts Island?
  • Options
    Pacemaker is a real sweet topwater, especially if you got one of the wood ones... you can never go wrong w/ black and orange. I am more of a walk the dog guy throwing the Weagle and the DOC a lot. My favorite lure to throw are Double cow girls just because I have caught so many big fish with them. I also love to throw rubber on a lot of the deep gin clear lakes around Mani waters…Casatic's and Suzy Sucker's.
    I always hit Rollie's on the way up if they are open…can't get out of that place without spending a hundred bucks. I can't wait to pitch some baits at LAke Kinkaid in 3 weeks, have done real good there early season. You fish the Chicago Lakefront much??
  • Options
    Saw some guys catch some real nice Coho's and a 15 libs Brown and 10 lbs steelhead on the Chicago Lakefront early this week. The fish are starting to move real good. Anyone been fishin and care to brag? or heading on a trip soon?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

Saw some guys catch some real nice Coho's and a 15 libs Brown and 10 lbs steelhead on the Chicago Lakefront early this week. The fish are starting to move real good. Anyone been fishin and care to brag? or heading on a trip soon?

Im sure my nephews are out there, getting those Coho's. Its just a little too cold for me to head out towards the lakefront. My nephew Dylan, who is 16, can fish that lakefront better than any grown man I have met. The kid is just a natural.
  • Options
    I hear you on that Speedy, its colder than a witchess tiity down there this mourning …Fucking snow tonight!!!!
  • Options
    Passed on an off shore trip yesterday.I hear Snook were biting in the Intra coastal not off shore.
  • Options
    I heard snook are awesome fighters and put on a great aerial show when you hook one....you are so lucky to be close to a Ocean, I luv catching ocean fish. It's like catching a fresh water fish on crack, always a battle.
    rr165892 said:

Passed on an off shore trip yesterday.I hear Snook were biting in the Intra coastal not off shore.

• Options
    8 more working days.

Then I am off to the "White Bass Capital of the World."

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Marinated chicken breasts
    Marinated flank steak(OUTSTANDING!)
    Brats
    Burgers
    Did I mention 146 cases of beer?

And we will leave with anywhere between 200-500 fish.
  • Options

8 more working days.

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Brats
    Burgers

God damn, fish fry at speedys!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

8 more working days.

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Brats
    Burgers

God damn, fish fry at speedys!
    Bleh, they are white bass. My friends take em home. Last year I gave my share to my neighbor.

White bass is fucking disgusting! hahahahahaha

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

8 more working days.

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Brats
    Burgers

With you there it will be the "white ass" Capitol of the world, lol.

Have a great time Mike. Hope your fishing line is always tight.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I hear the stripers are running in the lakes for a few weeks. I haven't been on the lake in a long time. I could walk to it. But I'm just not that much I to fishing now.
  • Options

8 more working days.

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Brats
    Burgers

1 WEEK!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463

8 more working days.

3 days
    3 cabins
    3 pontoon boats
    15 guys
    146 cases of beer
    Brats
    Burgers

missing the Rock N Roll cigarettes
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Good for u speedy. Man, sounds like a sick trip. I'm gonna be going down to the jersey shore tomorrow for a long weekend. Maybe go do some deep sea fishing on Friday morning.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Good for u speedy. Man, sounds like a sick trip. I'm gonna be going down to the jersey shore tomorrow for a long weekend. Maybe go do some deep sea fishing on Friday morning.

NICE!!

Its just nice to get away with some friends and relax. The white bass run is just hysterical. You literally catch dozens and dozens of fish.
  • Options
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Have a great time fishing & hanging out with your friends. I always look forward to my annual camping & fishing trip to Montuak for striped bass.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options

Have a great time fishing & hanging out with your friends. I always look forward to my annual camping & fishing trip to Montuak for striped bass.

Thanks, my friend.
    Im looking forward to this little getaway. I have a couple good friends of mine, who after seeing the pictures of the 300 or so fish we caught last year, COULD NOT WAIT to go this year. They are excited.

I just hope the weather cooperates.