Options

EV, Watt, Grohl Video Pro-Shot Chicago '95

Hot damn. Beautiful!!!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/video-vault-mike-watt-foo-fighters-and-eddie-vedder-give-chicago-a-once-in-a-life-performance/

Full show:

http://jbtvmusic.com/mike-watt-live-at-the-metro-1995/

Such a unique, special time for EV. '95 was a make-or-break year. He broke through, even with all the craziness.

Comments

• Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Hopefully someone can rip and save the audio.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I saw that tour, thought not that show. I remember during the Foo Fighters set (wasn't that their first tour ever?), I could see Ed lying on the floor behind a monitor, trying to watch their set without distracting from it.

I also remember during Mike Watt's set, at some point they brought out another drum set and Dave Grohl and Watt's drummer both drummed for 2 songs, it was FANTASTIC!!! Is that in the video above from the Metro too?
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    so i guess us facebook and twitter abstainers are s.o.l. on this, eh?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    AndySlash said:

so i guess us facebook and twitter abstainers are s.o.l. on this, eh?

Guess so.

I don't get why you folks won't just set up an anonymous account simply so you can access this kind of thing and sign into shit easier. What's the reasoning? I'm genuinely curious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    The video has been in the trading community for years. 2 sources if I can remember. But this one viewing it now @ 720 is really good.
  • Options
    That tour was aces, I went to the first night at tramps, I scalped a ticket and it was like 50 bucks, some of the best money I've spent

Hovercraft right through was really something special, I'd love to grab a copy of that show.

Foo fighters were so great those first 2 records now their stuff is so generic and interchangeable

That video is way better than the VHS copy I had

peace and love
    Joe
  • Options

Done! 424MB MP4 :)
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I know this video has been out but never in this quality.

The Blue Oyster Cult cover is just sick.
  • Options

Thanks!

No problemo! PM sent. :)

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    Does anyone know of an addon that can download the video? My usual flash video downloaders don't seem to work on that website :(
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    edited March 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't get why you folks won't just set up an anonymous account simply so you can access this kind of thing and sign into shit easier. What's the reasoning? I'm genuinely curious.

because i genuinely don't want to. simple as that. if i can't watch a video or participate in a contest or whatever because of it, i know it's on me. but i don't understand why site admins would want to prevent visitors from seeing content based on whether they have facebook/twitter or not, either.
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    tragibigzandatragibigzanda Posts: 100
    edited March 2015
    Edit: deleted post, dead link.
    Post edited by tragibigzanda on
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    demetrios said:

Ooohhhhh....you mind if I get a little linkage, demetrios?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    This was a great show.. Raw foo..Eddie on drums with Beatles wig for hovercraft..Eddie with tugboat.. Great venue..in my top 5 shows for sure.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:

demetrios said:

Ok. :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    would love the audio as well, D.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    demetrios said:

EarlWelsh said:

demetrios said:

Ok. :)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    AndySlash said:

PJ_Soul said:

because i genuinely don't want to. simple as that. if i can't watch a video or participate in a contest or whatever because of it, i know it's on me. but i don't understand why site admins would want to prevent visitors from seeing content based on whether they have facebook/twitter or not, either.
    I don't get that either. I think it's dumb to restrict viewers to those who have an FB account. But i was just wondering what the resistance is about when there is no need to use and private info. So you just don't want to. Got it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    fucking awesome video. so much energy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I didn't log in to watch it yet but pretty sure I have this on a VHS somewhere. I think the original filming took place for use on Friday Night Videos or one of those late night music shows on NBC, think it aired after Late Night or something, think Carson Daly before Carson Daly. I remember watching it when it aired, half asleep, wondering how/why it was on.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JM39128JM39128 Posts: 27
    anyobody have this on mp3 or video to share? or both...
  • Options
    JM39128 said:

anyobody have this on mp3 or video to share? or both...

Sure. I can re upload the video later today.
  • Options
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    demetrios said:
    Thanks, as always!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783

That tour was aces, I went to the first night at tramps, I scalped a ticket and it was like 50 bucks, some of the best money I've spent

Hovercraft right through was really something special, I'd love to grab a copy of that show.

Foo fighters were so great those first 2 records now their stuff is so generic and interchangeable

That video is way better than the VHS copy I had

peace and love
    Joe

Was there too!!!!! got a ticket for me and my girl...got punched in the face (no biggie)! witnessed a historic moment. Foo's were great-first and only foo show I've seen-- and loved that it was kind of pre--internet; texting; I-phone stuff...I'm a bit old-fashioned but if word got out about that show chances are I would have never got in. Mike Watt all star team was fantastic. I was lucky to have gone to that.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

demetrios said:
    Thanks, as always!!!!
    No problemo! :)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    demetrios said:
    thank you kind sir!

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Man, that version of Habit... Ed's vocals are just pure grit, I freegin' LOVE IT.
  • Options
    A Mike Patton FanA Mike Patton Fan Near Milwaukee Posts: 30
    could someone re upload this on video please?!