Options

NYC -Tragically Hip - Beacon Theatre

Hello everybody!
I am coming down to NYC to see the Hip at Beacon theatre on friday. (from MTL, via Amtrak).
I am trying to figure out a great spot for pre-drinks before the Hip on friday and any other suggestions for a few drinks and good tunes on friday and saturday.

Any advice New Yorkers?

Comments

• Options
    the beacon is in a great neighborhood
    you don't need to go anywhere farther than 3 blocks from the venue. imo
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    you might be the only one there. they have traditionally had a hard time playing to anyone in that city. used to hear stories of a couple of hundred people in fairly good size venues. their time has come and gone. used to love them but not any more. nice guys met them in 89'. signed a poster for me.
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    foodboy wrote: »
    you might be the only one there. they have traditionally had a hard time playing to anyone in that city. used to hear stories of a couple of hundred people in fairly good size venues. their time has come and gone. used to love them but not any more. nice guys met them in 89'. signed a poster for me.

Food boy you are probably not aware of what kind of tour the Hip are doin' right now...

Its the Fully Completely tour... meaning they are playin' the awesome 1992 "Fully Completely" from start to finish.... this is a must see for all the old fans!!!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I was there and had a great time. It was my first time seeing The Tragically Hip. The Beacon was packed in the Orchestra but I can't speak for the Balcony sections.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I was there and had a great time. It was my first time seeing The Tragically Hip. The Beacon was packed in the Orchestra but I can't speak for the Balcony sections.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com