Options

Upgrade to Analog Membership - question regarding Deep Mag

RunawaysoulRunawaysoul Germany Posts: 53
edited January 2015 in The Porch
I have a question that hopefully someone can answer..
I have a digital membership since September 2014. If I upgraded to analog now, would I receive a printed copy of Deep magazine 2014 (the new one that has not been printed and sent out yet) and the Vinyl single (Imagine and B Side not announced yet)?
So my question is, does an upgrade include the items in the year I joined or am I too late for this?
If so, will I maybe be able to purchase a printed copy in the shop (as a member but only digital member)?

Thanks and best regards,
Ina
Post edited by Runawaysoul on

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I have a question that hopefully someone can answer..
    I have a digital membership since September 2014. If I upgraded to analog now, would I receive a printed copy of Deep magazine 2014 (the new one that has not been printed and sent out yet) and the Vinyl single (Imagine and B Side not announced yet)?
    So my question is, does an upgrade include the items in the year I joined or am I too late for this?
    If so, will I maybe be able to purchase a printed copy in the shop (as a member but only digital member)?

Thanks and best regards,
    Ina
    It will only upgrade you for the renewal year that you are in, if that makes sense. No, you will not receive last year's Deep in print nor will you be able to get the tangible vinyl sent to you. You will, however, receive this year's copy and the much debated membership item/s that come with. If you want these things from last year, check Lost Dogs. You may be able to buy/trade for what you want.

Good luck!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Thank you! That's what I assumed.
    Since I'm looking for something that has not even been shipped to members yet, I will have to wait anyway to ask if someone might be willing to part with theirs. But will try Lost Dogs then, thank you.

To make sure I fully understood.. If someone joined (or upgraded) December 2014, they will get the items for 2014 (even if they are shipped out later, sometime in 2015) and if they don't renew December 2015, they won't get the issues of Mag/vinyl 2015?
    That's why I assumed I'm a month late for 2014 items but got confused if my thinking on this was correct.
  • Options
    PS. I thought one would upgrade and pay the price difference for the membership but it looks like upgrade always means membership starts for another 12 months the day of the upgrade (which means if you've been a digital member for half a year and upgrade you basically pay twice for the next half year cause you already paid for that.. I didn't click on it though so I don't see what would be charged when upgrading)..
  • Options
    If I understood you correct, yes. Join 2014, get 2014 items. Join/renew 2015, get 2015 items.
  • Options
    I think so too. And I do think you would be charged the full price (not the difference between memberships) regardless of when during your digital year you upgrade.. At least that's how I understand it.

Btw, Is that show listed in your profile the only one you went to? If so, I'm glad to see others who only went to one show so far. Berlin 2014 was mine.
  • Options
    I think so too. And I do think you would be charged the full price (not the difference between memberships) regardless of when during your digital year you upgrade.. At least that's how I understand it.

Btw, Is that show listed in your profile the only one you went to? If so, I'm glad to see others who only went to one show so far. Berlin 2014 was mine.
    Your upgrade will be in effect at renewal time. You said that was September. In September, your renewal will go through as analog and entitle you to additional physical 10c goodies for 2015.

Yup. Though I've listened to PJ from the beginning, life is as it is and has brought me to only seeing them live once. It's all good. Not all of us who are fans have lists of shows a mile long, not that the mile long list is a bad thing. A fan is a fan. Doesn't matter if you've been able to see them live or have only see them once.

Congrats on seeing them in Berlin! :)
  • Options
    Just saw your reply now. And the funny thing is, it somehow is what I needed right in this moment. I get sad over the shows I missed here in Europe/Germany because I got back to PJ way too late. I knew about them many years ago but never really got into them. Rediscovered them only last year and was overwhelmed.. by the music that I simply love now, and by everything I missed. PJ shows and even EV solo here in Europe, I wish I had a time machine.
    I'm hoping for future shows I will be able to attend.. Life definitely waited too long to guide me back to what is so wonderful.

Anyway, thanks again for your help in regards to the membership questions. And Congrats to you too on experiencing the Cincinnati show. Even if one have not been to many shows, it's a lot of fun to finally be there.. PJ are so good live. :)