Options

What is wrong with people these days?

SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Here in Ohio, the post office is implementing a new policy. They usually allow volunteers to come in and respond to childrens letters to Santa Claus that are addressed to the north pole at Christmas time. They are now requiring photo id record keeping because sexual predators are using the dear santa letters to target children for sexual crimes(most letters indicate, age, gender, address). Is the world falling apart or what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    I didn't need to know that.
    This doesn't even belong in this forum
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    thought I'd share....it's pretty disgusting.....you may want to rethink mailing your kids letters out.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i live in ohio.

santa not real

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i live in ohio.

santa not real

:eek:

What do you mean?? :(
  • Options
    :eek:

What do you mean?? :(

i know, i know, ohio is a dreadful place.

anyway, i was just having fun with the thread that didnt belong in this forum.

forgive me origianl poster, i'm sorry

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i know, i know, ohio is a dreadful place.

anyway, i was just having fun with the thread that didnt belong in this forum.

forgive me origianl poster, i'm sorry

Yeah...if Ohio is a Santa-less place, I feel bad for ya! :(

:p
  • Options
    OH
    IO Ohio is not dreadful...uhmm we do have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, plus the football hall of fame, plus 2 major sport cities, plus the great lakes, plus the ohio river, etc etc etc....what do you want? Idaho?
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:
    OH
    IO Ohio is not dreadful...uhmm we do have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, plus the football hall of fame, plus 2 major sport cities, plus the great lakes, plus the ohio river, etc etc etc....what do you want? Idaho?

I'm sure it is great...it is just...no Santa?? The thought makes me sad. :( I love Santa! Or maybe you have him but Brain of PJ just doesn't believe in him. :p
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Spinbrett wrote:
    Here in Ohio, the post office is implementing a new policy. They usually allow volunteers to come in and respond to childrens letters to Santa Claus that are addressed to the north pole at Christmas time. They are now requiring photo id record keeping because sexual predators are using the dear santa letters to target children for sexual crimes(most letters indicate, age, gender, address). Is the world falling apart or what?

People were fucked up in the old days too.
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:
    OH

the great lakes (eerie) are nothing to brag about unfortunately.

and i have been to idaho, it's is fucking awesome.

anyway, im from the great northwest (ohio) so i feel i can speak

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Spinbrett wrote:
    Very sad indeed. :( At least they are still allowing it though. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Yeah this thread doesn't belong here...

Pearl Jam rules!!!

Ok, the thread is now suitable for The Porch.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Just so you know..... my dad is Santa Clause so send my a PM and I will give you his address and you can send the letter directly to him :)

Also there is a Santos L Halper at the 10C he might be able to help
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:

It sounds to me that Ohio is doing the right thing to protect our kids. These scumbags are everywhere and they always have been. What has changed is peoples awareness of the problem. Most parents are now much more protective of their kids because of this awareness. So the world isn't getting worse... its getting better.
  • Options
    Leave it to Ohio to mess things up for everyone.........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Whats wrong with Idaho?? Boise State played the greatest football game I've ever seen last year and won the Fiesta Bowl. Jake Plummer is from here. We've got Sun Valley and some of the most beautiful natural scenery you'll find in the world. Quiet nice safe place to raise a family.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    Leave it to Ohio to mess things up for everyone.........
    We gon mess up the BCS this year too....

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    Brink wrote:
    We gon mess up the BCS this year too....

I am pretty sure OH has nothing to do with messing up the BCS. It has been flawed from the get go...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    random, useless bump
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    Spinbrett said:

Bullshit.

They can't shed one piece of evidence that will back this up.

Just like the Tiny Tot firemen stickers promoted predators to crawl in that window. Bullshit.

No more playing out in the streets. Playdates only…

We need to protect our children but you can't live in fear. It's amazing the bullshit that's fed to us and people believe it.

Sorry for the rant but stuff like this aggravates me. They are putting names in a data base again…

PJ rules.
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Spinbrett said:

OH-----IO Ohio is not dreadful...uhmm we do have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, plus the football hall of fame, plus 2 major sport cities, plus the great lakes, plus the ohio river, etc etc etc....what do you want? Idaho?

I live outside of Cleveland. The Rock & Roll hall of Fame is a sad joke.
    :-&
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    ryph raph said:

Spinbrett said:

OH-----IO Ohio is not dreadful...uhmm we do have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, plus the football hall of fame, plus 2 major sport cities, plus the great lakes, plus the ohio river, etc etc etc....what do you want? Idaho?

It's run by Rolling Stone Magazine and their agenda. They do some good but it's still "their" say.

Oops.. Off topic. My bad...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,762
    ryph raph said:

Spinbrett said:

Sorry to hear that- never been to the RRHF. But my wife and I did pass through Cleveland about 7 or 8 years ago. Pulled into a gas station and this guy in an old beater came roaring up, saw my California plates, jumped out of his car, tore his address off a piece of mail, shoved it in my hand and begged me, "MAN, YOU'VE GOTTA GET ME A PADRES T-SHIRT! YOU'VE GOTTA GET ME A PADRES T-SHIRT!!"

I'm from northern CA, and a Giants fan but I ordered a Padres T-Shirt anyway and sent it to him. I fuckin' loved going through Cleveland!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,836
    I wonder if they have any proof that "predators" are using the letters in this way? From what I've seen, a ridiculous level of over-cautious, "better safe than sorry" thinking has invaded most of the societal institutions around our children, while actual sex crimes against children perpetrated by strangers are extremely rare and not increasing. Meanwhile, children are missing out on a whole world of experiences and are turning into sheltered incompetents. I have a 15 year old daughter and some of her friends are still not allowed to go anywhere without parental accompaniment, lest they be abducted, or even cook in their own kitchens, lest they accidentally cut themselves. No, it isn't always "better to be safe than sorry", and our North American world is already safer than its ever been.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    Ohio is so fucked up Neil Young wrote a song about it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,662
    A lot
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Seeing how this is about Ohio, and I have recently taken on a project to help a girl with spinal muscular atrophy, who lives in Ohio, I feel this thread needs to know that there are some real positive things happening in your state.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marissa-s-meteorite

I created this campaign and I'm from Calgary, Alberta. To keep the thread alive.... PEARL JAM IS AWESOME!

Please, in all honesty, feel free to read and share Marissa's story. Any help is very much appreciated.

OOOoooOOoOOOooooahhhhhh mmmmmhmmmm I'm Still Alive!!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,762
    evsgjamm said:

Seeing how this is about Ohio, and I have recently taken on a project to help a girl with spinal muscular atrophy, who lives in Ohio, I feel this thread needs to know that there are some real positive things happening in your state.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marissa-s-meteorite

I created this campaign and I'm from Calgary, Alberta. To keep the thread alive.... PEARL JAM IS AWESOME!

Please, in all honesty, feel free to read and share Marissa's story. Any help is very much appreciated.

OOOoooOOoOOOooooahhhhhh mmmmmhmmmm I'm Still Alive!!!!

I've always wanted to know how to spell that. Thanks! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    One word, people are just, INCONSIDERATE