Options

*** OFFICIAL NEW ALBUM THREAD ***

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Please post all things related to Pearl Jam's 10th studio album here... rumors... interviews... speculation... whatever the hell you want about the new album...

March 2011 Jeff Ament talks about new album and the band having 25 tracks and that they hoped to work that down to 12-15 tracks during an April 2011 studio session

http://www.billboard.com/news/new-pearl ... 4802.story

September 2011 Jeff Aments tells rollingstone that the new album is "at least half way done" with a handful of great tracks to start with

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... m-20110920

March 2012 Stone Gossard says the band is in no rush and that there is no urgency to complete new record... he goes on to say that they hope to be expeirmental and continue to push the boundaries of their music

http://audioinkradio.com/2012/03/pearl- ... guitarist/

May 2012 Stone Gossard says new album is "between half and three-quarters done" and that they would like to release it in the first half of 2013... he also comments that Mike McCready has brought a hard edged rocker that reminds him of Motorhead and that he hopes it makes the final mix

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/pearl-j ... 9152.story

August 2012 Mike McCready says "Album is in a holding pattern"... "with everyone sitting around writing songs"... and that "they are sitting on about 7 ideas from last year at the moment"

http://www.spin.com/#articles/pearl-jam ... pintwitter

December 2012 Jeff Ament says the band will "start getting serious" about the new album in March 2013

http://audioinkradio.com/2012/12/pearl- ... eff-ament/

January 2013 Eddie Vedder tells rollingstone the new album is about half way done...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... c-20130102

February 2013 Stone Gossard tells an italian interviewer that they hope to have the new album out in 9-12 months :|

February 2013 Mike McCready tells Rolling Stone "this year for sure" :corn:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20130222
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    great thread!!!we need this conversation
    thanks!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,591
    I'm always happy to read about news regarding the new album! :)
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,919
    my2hands wrote:
    Please post all things related to Pearl Jam's 10th studio album here... rumors... interviews... speculation... whatever the hell you want about the new album...

March 2011 Jeff Ament talks about new album and the band having 25 tracks and that they hoped to work that down to 12-15 tracks during an April 2011 studio session

http://www.billboard.com/news/new-pearl ... 4802.story

September 2011 Jeff Aments tells rollingstone that the new album is "at least half way done" with a handful of great tracks to start with

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... m-20110920

August 2012 Mike McCready says "Album is in a holding pattern"... "with everyone sitting around writing songs"... and that "they are sitting on about 7 ideas from last year at the moment"

http://www.spin.com/#articles/pearl-jam ... pintwitter

January 2013 Eddie Vedder tells rollingstone the new album is about half way done...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... c-20130102

In other words, don't believe anything until an official release date is given.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,577
    edited January 2013
    They had 25 tracks in 2011?? Holy moley. I sure hope this album blows our minds when it finally comes out if its taking this long. Please have some killer Mccready guitar work and some classic songwriting from Stone!
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    From Stone: I think the main thing is that were not in a rush and there's no urgency to it. The most important thing is that we put something out that continues to expand our boundaries rather than trying to follow what we've done in the past. I think it's a good time to hopefully continue to experiment, and continue to shake it up. So that people can go "Wow, that's kind of weird for Pearl Jam," and then 10 years later they can go, "Oh, that’s my favorite period." Which is always kind of what happens. You try something and at first everybody doesn't necessarily understand it, and then you look back and you go, thank God we tried something new, because it really opened a door up for us to be able to do this and this and this beyond that.

From Ed: we'll be ready to go when we're ready to go

I love the anticipation for a new PJ album!!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    evsgjamm wrote:
    From Stone: I think the main thing is that were not in a rush and there's no urgency to it. The most important thing is that we put something out that continues to expand our boundaries rather than trying to follow what we've done in the past. I think it's a good time to hopefully continue to experiment, and continue to shake it up. So that people can go "Wow, that's kind of weird for Pearl Jam," and then 10 years later they can go, "Oh, that’s my favorite period." Which is always kind of what happens. You try something and at first everybody doesn't necessarily understand it, and then you look back and you go, thank God we tried something new, because it really opened a door up for us to be able to do this and this and this beyond that.

throw it up there! this is the most important one! here's the link: http://audioinkradio.com/2012/03/pearl- ... guitarist/

I certainly hope stone is right and soon enough this year we have an experimental album... i'm praying for a late summer release maybe? is it possible for earlier?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    evsgjamm wrote:

I like reading this from Stone. If expanding the boundaries and coming up something totally different than ever before makes us wait longer to get a new album, then I'm all for it. This brings nothing but a heightened sense of anticipation for the new album.

By the way, great idea for a new thread. Good reading and good conversation.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    They had 25 tracks in 2011?? Holy moley. I sure hope this album blows our minds when it finally comes out if its taking this long. Please have some killer Mccready guitar work and some classic songwriting from Stone!

when he said 25 tracks, maybe he meant 25 half finished ideas. I find it hard to believe they had that much completed stuff almost a year ago and then someone saying they only are half done the record.

maybe we'll get some actual b sides on this one.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

:lol:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    more stone and jeff songs, less eddie.

thank you.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I get the impression that the guys are not even excited to talk about the band at the moment,
    let alone finish the album.

Which is fine. I can wait. Just sayin'.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    is that 6 or 8 at the end???
    cant see very well from the mobile.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

six on the low end - eight the high end :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

six on the low end - eight the high end :D
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BobbakBobbak Posts: 87
    In the end it doesn't maater how long it will take to release the album, in the end it will be worth the wait.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Great idea, bring it all into one sensible thread! I was thinking about how Foo Fighters released a double album of half electric and half acoustic and how PJ could do this so much better! A double would certainly make the waiting worthwhile... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Great idea, bring it all into one sensible thread! I was thinking about how Foo Fighters released a double album of half electric and half acoustic and how PJ could do this so much better! A double would certainly make the waiting worthwhile... ;)

+1,000

Been waiting on a double album since '05 or whatever when news came out that PJ had twenty something tracks ready for the Self Titled release.

I mean it makes sense, all the great bands have a double album
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    veddertown wrote:

+1,000

Been waiting on a double album since '05 or whatever when news came out that PJ had twenty something tracks ready for the Self Titled release.

I mean it makes sense, all the great bands have a double album

i have been considering this A LOT the past week or two... i actually have convinced myself that this will be a double disc... the Foo's idea of a 1/2 electric and 1/2 acoustic record crossed my mind but i think that would be a bit TOO copycat for PJ to do so they wouldnt do it...

but yeah, double disc has been crossing my mind lately, and i think it is definitely possible... perhaps that is the reason there has been no real b-sides released in years? savng it up for a major double release
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind a double-disc...considering how short Backspacer was, and how much time off PJ has had since then - you'd have to imagine they have more than enough material, right??

At least I can *hope* that...
  • Options
    Realistically when do you all think we will see this album? ALSO, when do you think we'll start seeing the fluctuation of interviews, little vids, exciting talk, etc. etc. that lets us all know its new album season and it is on the way.

I think we may see an album by late summer and I think In like April, we'll start seeing all the news and interviews and info on a new album coming... and a tour.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Realistically when do you all think we will see this album? ALSO, when do you think we'll start seeing the fluctuation of interviews, little vids, exciting talk, etc. etc. that lets us all know its new album season and it is on the way.

I think we may see an album by late summer and I think In like April, we'll start seeing all the news and interviews and info on a new album coming... and a tour.

I've been thinking (or hoping) that we will get a US tour right around when the album drops, which I think will be late summer/fall with announcements in the spring sometime. I have a feeling that around spring time, this board will be jumping all over the place with all the rumors, news, etc with everything kind of coming together at once - new album, tour announcements, tour itself, etc.

Once the Soundgarden and BRAD are finished touring by the end of February, I expect the guys to get together and hit the studio pretty hard and start writing in March/April. The next 4-5 months is going to be pretty exciting and a lot of anticipation. This is a big year for PJ.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:

I've been thinking (or hoping) that we will get a US tour right around when the album drops, which I think will be late summer/fall with announcements in the spring sometime. I have a feeling that around spring time, this board will be jumping all over the place with all the rumors, news, etc with everything kind of coming together at once - new album, tour announcements, tour itself, etc.

Once the Soundgarden and BRAD are finished touring by the end of February, I expect the guys to get together and hit the studio pretty hard and start writing in March/April. The next 4-5 months is going to be pretty exciting and a lot of anticipation. This is a big year for PJ.

EXACTLY what I'm thinking/hoping.
  • Options

Realistically, 2014 spring. My gut feel.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    I think the US tour will be a massive surprise almost any day now (that gets my blood rushing through my veins just THINKING about a tour and a new album to play on repeat for a solid month.)

I think the album will be released in July-Aug. The boys can getter done!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options

You are way off... New album definitely out this year... Tour announcement coming soon
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

You are way off... New album definitely out this year... Tour announcement coming soon

Would love to be wrong
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    YLed2 wrote:

I don't disagree with you about why they're waiting but why the hell does Pearl Jam have to wait for Soundgarden and Brad? Let's face it nobody outside of die hard PJ fans cares about Brad and hardly anyone cares about new Soundgarden music either, evident from the pathetic sales. :evil:
  • Options
    Will "of the earth" be on the album?
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    Will "of the earth" be on the album?

I sure hope...

You all got my brain stirring on that double album thing... I doubt it is happening but oh man that would be awesome.