Options

*** Camden I Fanviews 5/27 Here ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, it does a little. haha. I wanted to wear the band's T-shirt without being "that guy", I though it was clever. I wonder if they would have played "Touch me I'm dick". It probably wasn't me though, I was on the lawn, probably about 50 feet back from the beginning.
  • Options
    amiami Posts: 4
    I always enjoy the shows. Camden 1 just sucked on a people level in general.
    For every cool PJ fan there were 3 ugly(not physically) frat. boys and drunk tweener grrls being held up and the place was trashed with so much garbage.. human and and throw away alike. wow. So different from any other show I've been to , even last time Pj played Tweeter it wasn't That bad. Cops were lienient though , maybe to much, so seeing how ugly things got. Respect for others was alittle low. sad. I tried to just concentrate on the beatiful sound coming from the band when all I wanted to do was stuff a tennis ball down the j#offs mouth behind me. Sigh ,enough rant..
  • Options
    VVVFFVVVFF Posts: 9
    My friend Linda and I arrived about 5:30 PM, and were directed to a parking lot that seemed already full. Finally found the one spot next to the port-a potties (My car seemed ok after the show, so I guess if people leaned on it all night, they were gentle). We walked to the venue, quickly got our tickets, and joined the entrance lines. We noticed the guy in the 'Citizen Dick' shirt outside. Inside, we went to our seats--front row-- and got our armband. A girl I had seen before at State College was next to us. One of her friends came over too. Turns out at Camden, they gave the first and second row armbands...and told the second row to feel free to go anywhere on the rail. I really wanted to keep my rail spot, but it all was good. The people that came up behind us were great fans. Eddie gave a tambourine to the girl behind us. The rail got a little tight, but not bad.

I really like most of the new songs...except Gone, Unemployable, and Comatose. Comatose is really starting to become part of me now. It's so great live. Gone is nice live...but I still skip it on the CD.

I couldn't breathe for a moment when I realized they were doing LEASH!! I never thought I'd hear that live. I LOVE Severed Hand...Life Wasted...

Everone around me was moving, singing, just rocking out. Everyone watched out for each other.

The men Eddie introduced, who had been freed due to new DNA evidence, were so happy. Their joy was contageous.

I did twist my ankle before the night was over, which made the walk to the parking lot a little tricky. We must have sat an hour in the lot before we even attempted to leave. We had a downtown hotel, but had decided to drive. The traffic leaving was still horrendous. But, we made it to the hotel...with no accidents...just great memories.
    There's more to balance than not falling over.
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    Two weeks..and it has truly sunk in; an overwhelming wave of beauty..this night was such a mystifying, monumental time of my life. As this was my first Pearl Jam show. We arrived around 6 and got our seats..I was quite impressed with My Morning Jacket. Definitely a great opener and i would love to see more of them. But before them..i had been wiating and then i just froze as i watched Ed walk out onto the stage and went into the Gone preset..hearing those first chords..a searing moment in my memory. I jumped up, still in disbelief that i was even there..witnessing this..and thinking of what would happen as the night wore on.

When the boys came out for the first time..i swear it still catches breath in my throat. Unbelievable. The Wasted Reprise into Life Wasted was so great. Phenomenal opener. Then blazing into the hardhitters of WWS, DTE, Animal, Severed Hand, Corduroy. I was blown away. And let me say this..hearing Marker in the Sand live..i swear it is almost a religious experience. as was the entire show to me. The crowd was so loud..the energy just reverberating and shaken me to the core of my soul. Unemployable, Given to Fly, Lukin into Not For You(modern girl tag was great), daughter..all of it, just so overpowering. And the crowd singing on Jeremy and Present Tense..with over 27,000 strong..that was one of the most incredible moments..just hat connecting, it was almost overwhelming in every possible sense. Why Go was such a great one live, and the slowed intro to Porch, and that jam Mikey did, good lord do I looove it so.

First encore..Betterman, because of someone around me in my life, it suited them a little too well..that was an unbelievable moment the energy was dead on during this song. and OMG when Come Back was played..that was a spiritual uplifting in its own sense. Beautiful. And hearing Alive..knowing that was one of the first songs that made me pick up guitar, not to mention the first PJ song I ever learned on it..it was truly a sight to see, hear and feel.

Second Encore..the *holy shit* energy moment of the show. I could not believe what the boys were whipping out. The force was immpeccable. State of Love and Trust and Blood back to back was so..sometimes there just aren't enough words in the english language to describe such a moment. Just the rocking factor...so far up..then Evenflow. I don't care how many people complain about this being a staple and overplayed, etc. I fuckin looved it as well as the rest. Mikey, not to mention the rest of that band are so moving in ways unto them..one really should reckon its force. and i was so completely thrown back by Comatose and Leash. Unfuckingbelievable live. I also found it quite amusing, how right after Comatose, someone a few rows over from me screamed 'drop the leash' and i screamed 'get outta my fuckin' face' and not two seconds later seeing and hearing the boys rip into a version of Leash that hadn't been played in Philly in over 10 years. suuuch an incredible moment. Then Rockin' in the Free World and Yellow Ledbetter..i can't even wrap my head around how beautiful YL can be.

This night...and all that happened has truly moved me so much more than i can even begin to comprehend. And i am just so grateful every time that i got to experience what i did, and the beauty of what this band does. They awakened me in so many ways spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and more..it's an endless sense of thanks and gratitude i send to this band and all they have done. I love them so dearly. Also to add another moving moment that evening. There was a woman behind me, probably in her late 50's or a little older, and she graced a Green Disease shirt. I had turned to her earlier on in the show and told her how much respect i placed in her for being there within all the energy and loving it as so. I then turned back thinking nothing more..but at the end of the show i felt someone tug at my shirt and turned to see her. What she said..telling me thank you for expressing my passion for their music and 'giving hope for the future of youth' when it came to the music and love and told me to take care and thanks again for all i had done and said..i'm not going to deny, i was completely floored. i'm a hard one to accept such compliments..but she moved me so much by what had said..i just hugged her and said thank you for your words so much and to please take care and hope to see of her again..i was just so overwhelmed..so moved by that moment..i can't say enough..of the beauty that PJ fans have. Unbelievable what i have experienced with them. the friendships..the bonds..all of it, through the music they have given us. I thank so much to them. to give me what they have. they have no idea..all i can say is that. And when they come around again..i'll be ready yet again..for the love and energy given and received.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."