Options

PEARL JAM ICELAND.

harpmaplesweetharpmaplesweet Posts: 226
edited September 2011 in The Porch
In one of the Deep issues, Jeff Ament talked about never playing in
Iceland. Do you think the guys will ever play Reykjavik ?

I figure I'll go because I can swim in the Blue Lagoon, snowmobile atop a glacier,
see a volcano, waterfall, geyser and experience a 5.0 earthquake, see Pearl Jam
and maybe actually get a good 10 Club seat with my shitty 348xxx.

Anyone on board with me ???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    now that sounds good , i have the same problem with my number too , and not to far from the uk :D:D
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,306
    one of the countries i wanna visit,,im in.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    edited April 2010
    I am fortunate enough to have friends that live there and got to visit back in 2003. It is beautiful... unlike anywhere else I have been. Best of all the people are very welcoming and friendly... and like to party.

Before I visited I had attended 4 Pearl Jam shows during the 2003 tour. I made a scrapbook to take to my friends there. Iceland gets bands like Sigur Ros, Foo Fighters, Coldplay... all nice... but that's not a Pearl Jam show. So I wanted my friends to be able to see what I had seen during the summer. About once a week I would type a letter to the 10Club simple saying, "Pearl Jam please play a show in Iceland." One night after a few drinks I hit the typewriter and sent a letter that got published in one of the newsletters.

Anyways, it would be a good trip for the bands, the fans, and great for Iceland. And now would be a good time because their krona (dollar) is relatively weak.
    Post edited by Evensteven on
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    Iceland is unreal, if PJ play there I would go in a second.

I was there last year when the announced the Toronto show so I missed out on 10C tickets but it was worth it. Such an incredible country and so much to do.
  • Options
    Right on !

It looks like I'm not alone.

We can save some cash and get together when PJ comes
    to Iceland and get a big room.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'd love to go, it's on my list of countries to visit...but I'm not eating rotten shark :D:lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    now that sounds good , i have the same problem with my number too , and not too far from the uk :D:D
  • Options
    i don't no about the shark , it might not be that bad :lol: and i think they have a thing for puffins too
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,006
    How about the letter that was written in Deep pleading with them to go to Iceland. That alone should have convinced them to play there. It is one of the most brillant bits of writing i have ever seen.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    BALLBOY wrote:
    How about the letter that was written in Deep pleading with them to go to Iceland. That alone should have convinced them to play there. It is one of the most brillant bits of writing i have ever seen.

That was me! See above. After I visited my friends there I was on this kick sending letters to the 10Club about once a week to ask them to play a show in Iceland. The one that appears in Deep... I had been drinking... wrote it on a real typewriter. I want them to play there for my friends. It really is awesome there.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I'd love to go, it's on my list of countries to visit...but I'm not eating rotten shark :D:lol:

When I visited Iceland, none of the Icelanders I hung out with ate that stuff... the fermented shark or the goat testies. They did drink the Brennevin (Black Death) though.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    BALLBOY wrote:

For a split second I thought your avatar was a dog's head mounted on the wall like a trophy. Phew. Glad I saw it straight.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Hey Evensteven, can you post your letter on this thread or tell me what
    Deep edition it was in, I'd like to give it a read.
  • Options
    I'll look up the Deep issue and post it here.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I'd love to see the there.
  • Options
    Hey Evensteven, can you post your letter on this thread or tell me what
    Deep edition it was in, I'd like to give it a read.

It appears in the Summer/Fall 2006 Deep Volume One Issue Two.

I wrote this letter back in the summer of 2003... so I don't know what that means.
    It has the band walking up the stairs on the cover.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    I like this post. Anyone want me to post the piece in the Deep newsletter?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Evensteven wrote:
    I like this post. Anyone want me to post the piece in the Deep newsletter?

yes, please
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Keep in mind I typed this on an actual typewriter and I had been drinking.

Pearl Jam please play Iceland. Won't you rock Iceland? Will you play Iceland? You will play Iceland. In Iceland, Iceland is spelled like Island. The Viking Gods (pronounced Wiking Gods) would enjoy the show. Land, water, fire, ice. Come on, come on, it's evolution baby. Break the ice. Stir a volcano. Calm the sea. Rock. Pearl jam please rock Iceland. Or just visit. And while you're there?play a show. Prove it. Do it. Play it. Rock it. Smash it. Crash them. Please play Iceland, Pearl Jam. My typing is poor. My sincerity is true. My friends are real. Show them what I've seen. Just a taste. Just a sight. Just a smell. Rock 'em. It's been said before, can't be said enough please play, rock, visit, beautiful Iceland!!!

Enough. R.S.B.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Evensteven wrote:
    Keep in mind I typed this on an actual typewriter and I had been drinking.

Pearl Jam please play Iceland. Won't you rock Iceland? Will you play Iceland? You will play Iceland. In Iceland, Iceland is spelled like Island. The Viking Gods (pronounced Wiking Gods) would enjoy the show. Land, water, fire, ice. Come on, come on, it's evolution baby. Break the ice. CALM a volcano. Stir the sea. Rock. Pearl jam please rock Iceland. Or just visit. And while you're there?play a show. Prove it. Do it. Play it. Rock it. Smash it. Crash them. Please play Iceland, Pearl Jam. My typing is poor. My sincerity is true. My friends are real. Show them what I've seen. Just a taste. Just a sight. Just a smell. Rock 'em. It's been said before, can't be said enough please play, rock, visit, beautiful Iceland!!!

Enough. R.S.B.

NICE! and maybe it'll serve as an offering to placate the volcano as a bonus :)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    In one of the Deep issues, Jeff Ament talked about never playing in
    Iceland. Do you think the guys will ever play Reykjavik ?

I figure I'll go because I can swim in the Blue Lagoon, snowmobile atop a glacier,
    see a volcano, waterfall, geyser and experience a 5.0 earthquake, see Pearl Jam
    and maybe actually get a good 10 Club seat with my shitty 348xxx.

Anyone on board with me ???