Options

The Best Player In College Basketball Is................

edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
EVAN TURNER - OHIO STATE BUCKEYES - 6foot 7 Point Guard

HpYE3zyk.jpeg

Without a doubt this cat is the best player in the country! Mark it down................he will be the next Magic Johnson!!!!!! 2 triple doubles already this season!

Points - 19.8
Rebounds - 12.8
Assists - 6.7
Blocks - 1.3
Steals - 1.7
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Daggummit, (Bobby Bowden term) now who is this guy?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Evan Turner is damn good - not sure he is the best - still early in the season to determine best player. I really like Diebler for the Buckeyes - could be that I love white jump shooters since I was always the protypical one. Not sure how old the OP is but any player who can break Jay Burson's records (I loved watching Jay Burson back in the day) you have to be a fan of. Be interesting to see how some of the freshmen around the country end up. Kind of a down year individual wise I think. when Kyle Singler is considered an all-american candidate we got some problems.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Evan Turner is damn good - not sure he is the best - still early in the season to determine best player. I really like Diebler for the Buckeyes - could be that I love white jump shooters since I was always the protypical one. Not sure how old the OP is but any player who can break Jay Burson's records (I loved watching Jay Burson back in the day) you have to be a fan of. Be interesting to see how some of the freshmen around the country end up. Kind of a down year individual wise I think. when Kyle Singler is considered an all-american candidate we got some problems.

Burson was a scoring machine in H.S. and a fantastic college player. The best player from the state of ohio was Jimmy Jackson though (yes better than Lebron)! J.J. was as special as they come and if not for a severe ankle injury in only his 3rd (really 2nd) season in the NBA he would have been one of the greats (over 27 a game when he went down)! Still had a very good career though.

My boy Diebler is getting better and better! 42 percent on 3's last year and 49 this year! William Buford is a beast also and LOOK OUT FOR NEXT YEAR, another class like the Oden-Conley class is coming in!
  • Options
    VS Florida State last night:

25 pts.
    13 rebs.
    6 assts.

This kid would dominate your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    double post.
    Post edited by Gems and Rhinestones on
  • Options
    Pete Maravich........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,088
    Pete Maravich........

Sweet Lew........
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Collins & Aldrich from KU.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pete Maravich........

i agree!

but i meant best TODAY!
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Collins & Aldrich from KU.

I have seen both of those guys play and they are actually not even close. Have you seen Turner play yet because honestly I don't think anyone can dispute he's the best in college today. It's like saying someone was better than Jordan, it's that lopsided folks.
  • Options
    I do think Turner is a top player. But this John Wall kid from Kentucky seems to be the real deal. Averaging 18.5 points per game, 2.5 steals per game, and 7.8 assists. 2 Double Doubles on a stacked team. And the most impressive thing about him.......he's a FRESHMAN.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I do think Turner is a top player. But this John Wall kid from Kentucky seems to be the real deal. Averaging 18.5 points per game, 2.5 steals per game, and 7.8 assists. 2 Double Doubles on a stacked team. And the most impressive thing about him.......he's a FRESHMAN.

But here is what I'll ask. Who do you think would start and backup if they were on the same team vying for the same position? Think about it! ;)
  • Options

But here is what I'll ask. Who do you think would start and backup if they were on the same team vying for the same position? Think about it! ;)

He's a Junior, I'm sure he's start over a freshman. But watch this freshman evolve. His Junior year will definitely be in the NBA....if not next year.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    EVAN TURNER - OHIO STATE BUCKEYES - 6foot 7 Point Guard

HpYE3zyk.jpeg

Without a doubt this cat is the best player in the country! Mark it down................he will be the next Magic Johnson!!!!!! 2 triple doubles already this season!

Points - 19.8
    Rebounds - 12.8
    Assists - 6.7
    Blocks - 1.3
    Steals - 1.7

ouch - brutal injury for Evan Turner and the Buckeyes. Sucks big time. Hopefully doesn't hurt him long term.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

ouch - brutal injury for Evan Turner and the Buckeyes. Sucks big time. Hopefully doesn't hurt him long term.

:cry:
  • Options
    This was originally posted a month ago....but I still stand by my John Wall statement. That kid is amazing.
    "It's all happening"