Just Scored David Gilmour Tickets!

Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Paid U2 prices, but c'mon U2 doesn't compare. I love Floyd to death, had a chance to catch Roger Waters 5 years ago, and now I finally get to see Dave. There are a few seats on TM right now for the Toronto show, but be warned they are not cheap. The public sale isn't for another 3 weeks, but there's a presale.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just don't have any desire to see David Gilmour if he's not with Pink Floyd (including Roger Waters)
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • I am seein him in Chicago. Should be a kickass show. I know its no Floyd, and from what I have seen his shows are usually further from a Floyd show than Roger's shows, but it's still David fuckin Gilmour. From what I have read, he is drawing mainly from his upcoming solo album and his "more familiar repetoire". Should be in store for quite a bit of Floyd to me.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i'd rather see him w/ floyd but i have his dvd from his last tour and it was fuckin amazing! he is one of my guitar heros (along w/ jonny greenwood)

i doubt i'll make it to a show of his if he comes by tho b/c of the high ticket prices. i can see sigur ros and hamell on trial in feb for under $30 each
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i'd go for sure!! his solo dvd kicks ass, i wish i could remember the bass player's name, great session player, recognized him from vh1's pete townsend storytellers

I'm trying talk my friend w/ the car in a lil' roadtrip, 3 weeks until the public-sale? ARGH
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    I got tickets for both radio city shows.

Saw the about face tour in 1984 and this should not be missed if you like floyd
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    i'd go for sure!! his solo dvd kicks ass, i wish i could remember the bass player's name, great session player, recognized him from vh1's pete townsend storytellers

I'm trying talk my friend w/ the car in a lil' roadtrip, 3 weeks until the public-sale? ARGH

I think thats Pino Palladino-now in John Mayer trio-also the "new" who bassist
  • gilmour and waters still make terrific music without the Floyd.

have fun! :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"