Take NIN survey, get cool gift.

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited September 2008 in Other Music
Message from Trent:

Hello everyone.
I'd like to thank everyone for a very successful year so far in the world of Nine Inch Nails. I'm enjoying my couple of weeks off between legs of our Lights In The Sky tour and got to thinking... "wouldn't it be fun to send out a survey to everyone that's shown interest in NIN?" Well, that's not exactly how it went, but regardless - here it is. As we've moved from the familiar world of record labels and BS into the unknown world of doing everything yourself, we've realized it would benefit us and our ability to interact with you if we knew more about what you want, what you like, what you look like naked, etc. I know it's a pain in the ass but we'd truly appreciate it if you'd take a minute and help us out. As an incentive, everyone who completes the survey will be able to download a video of live performance from this most recent tour (and I know what's going through your little minds right now: "I'll just grab this off a torrent site and not have to fill out the survey!!!" and guess what? You will be able to do just that and BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!! NIN=pwn3d!!!)
BUT
What if we were to select some of those that DO complete the survey and provide them with something really cool? I'm not saying we'll ever get around to it, but if we did maybe something like signed stuff, flying someone to a show somewhere in the world, a magic amulet that makes you invisible, a date with Jeordie White (condoms supplied of course), you know - something cool. See, you'd miss that opportunity AND be a cheater.
Do the right thing - help us out. You'll feel better.

Thank you and I've had too much caffeine this morning,
Trent

Visit here to take the survey:
https://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1049187
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Sounds cool. I visited the link and couldn't work out how to take the survery though.

Never mind, found it.

Here's the proper link; https://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1049187
    What the fuck is this world?
  • I want a date with Jeordie
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I took the survey and I got a video for 1,000,000..hmmm...where the cool gift
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • I told them I illegally downloaded With Teeth and didn't get chance to say I bought it later on.:eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I told them I illegally downloaded With Teeth and didn't get chance to say I bought it later on.:eek:

Yeah I said I bought them all :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • I told them I illegally downloaded With Teeth and didn't get chance to say I bought it later on.:eek:

yea me too, except it was Pretty Hate Machine.
    I told them I illegally downloaded With Teeth and didn't get chance to say I bought it later on.:eek:
    I doubt Trent cares you downloaded it. He probably wants you to. :p
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205

Yeah, after I submitted my answers I thought, "wait, that was pretty fucking stupid of me."
    AndySlash wrote:
    Yeah, after I submitted my answers I thought, "wait, that was pretty fucking stupid of me."
    See above post.
    Trent might not care, but I doubt Trent is reading these.

I highly highly doubt anything would ever happen; I'm just more disappointed in my lack of forethought before hitting the submit button.
  • now, if we can just get pearl jam do something like this................
  • Trent really likes his fans/interacting with them; it's quite awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • AndySlash wrote:

yea i wouldn't worry too much about this, NIN is a band that has actually given away an album for free. I bet trent would prefer you download one of releases with interscope illegally.
    Trent really likes his fans/interacting with them; it's quite awesome.
    Trent is awesome.
  • This sold me on buying tickets on Friday. What a cool dude.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • trent reznor could shit in a paper bag and i would find it to be grammy worthy
  • trent reznor could shit in a paper bag and i would find it to be grammy worthy

Best first post ever.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • NIN inspires me consistently. Glad to see Trent doing something like this.
  • bump: for anyone that hasn't taken the survey yet
  • I bet Trent will read the these personally. Probably not but it was funny seeing the email saying from Trent. Looked like spam mail at 1st too me. I love all the illegal download music questions. I didn't admit to any wrong doing incase they can use it against me criminally lol.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    What I love is he is always doing unexpected things and very forward thinking. Did anyone keep up with the Google Earth treasure hunts a month or so ago?

These surveys are not going to Interscope people - Trent hates Interscope. I don't think he cares if you downloaded an album.

I sent in the survey yesterday. I bet he'll have fun reading them. Did anyone write Alessandro Cortini as one of the things they want more of?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I've decided that Trent is a national treasure. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    JaneNY wrote:
    What I love is he is always doing unexpected things and very forward thinking. Did anyone keep up with the Google Earth treasure hunts a month or so ago?

These surveys are not going to Interscope people - Trent hates Interscope. I don't think he cares if you downloaded an album.

I sent in the survey yesterday. I bet he'll have fun reading them. Did anyone write Alessandro Cortini as one of the things they want more of?

the treasure hunt was insane. for the inglewood show, we debated whether to get in the pre-sale line early (to get on the rail) or hang in the hotel refreshing the map....lol.
    we got our rail spots

interscope isnt reading these...they are not on interscope anymore.

alessandro is so cute.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Murderers wrote:
    Trent is awesome.

I'll second that when we met him at a soundcheck a fwe years ago he came across as a very humble and genuine person (very small too) :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • that's cool that you got to meet him. i think other than Ed, Trent is the only other "celebrity" that I would most want to meet or talk to. The only "famous" person i've ever really met was Mike McCready and he was supercool, he was actually looking for fans to talk to.
    JaneNY wrote:
    Did anyone write Alessandro Cortini as one of the things they want more of?

That's the only thing I checked.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Brain Of E wrote:
    that's cool that you got to meet him. i think other than Ed, Trent is the only other "celebrity" that I would most want to meet or talk to. The only "famous" person i've ever really met was Mike McCready and he was supercool, he was actually looking for fans to talk to.

i met trent at the honolulu airport last summer. he was very quiet and nice. i was a nervous mess.