Options

The Clash

ms11781ms11781 Posts: 88
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I was over a friend's house and happened to be flipping through Maxim (possibly Stuff or FHM, I'm not really sure) and I came across this. I want to preface this by saying I don't get my news through these types of magazines and don't really put much stock in to musical opinions put forth in them, but it said that the Clash was possibly reforming with Tim Armstrong from Rancid stepping in for Joe Strummer. Like I said, I don't believe all I read in those magazines, but it had to have come from somewhere. Does anyone else think this may be the worst idea ever?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    definitely a horrible idea which i pray just stays a rumor
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    BabochskaBabochska Posts: 34
    Worst idea in this millenium i think, without Strummer The Clash is nothing just take a look at Cut The Crap.
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    unless this is a one off charity event it's weak but if it is for real how lucky is buddy from rancid?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    I'd go see it
    Walking is still honest
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    Rancid sucks. This would be nearly sacreligious
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    Babochska wrote:
    Worst idea in this millenium i think, without Strummer The Clash is nothing just take a look at Cut The Crap.

Cut The Crap had Strummer.......but no Mick Jones.....is that what you meant?...the loss of a key member?
  • Options
    ms11781ms11781 Posts: 88
    ediger wrote:
    Rancid sucks. This would be nearly sacreligious

Not nearly sacreligious. It's sad to see what happened after Joe died. I know there were some contradictions in Joe's politics, but there's no way you'd see Clash songs in commercials and you certainly wouldn't see a grab for cash like this.
  • Options
    BabochskaBabochska Posts: 34
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Cut The Crap had Strummer.......but no Mick Jones.....is that what you meant?...the loss of a key member?

Was it Mick Jones? Well then you know your Clash better than me, and yes I meant the loss of a keymember even if i picked the wrong one :)
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    The Clash never will be The Clash again without Joe Strummer... now, the remaining members of The Clash playing with Tim Armstrong from Rancid doesn't sound that bad, I mean as they don't dare to go using the name The Clash.

That being said, I'm almost finishing this book titled Passion is a Fashion, which is a great in depth look to The Clash story, highly recommended!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Sounds like a horrible idea. Rancid suck, the clash didn't suck. When you mix things that suck with things that don't suck, the thing that didn't suck usually ends up sucking, and we hate the initial sucky thing for making the non-sucky thing suck.

does that make sense?

Edit: ANd with that post I am Faithfull :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me