Corrosion of Conformity

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Americas Volume Dealer is an awesome album.
Just had to be said.
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    youre not drinking again are you? this isnt gonna turn into something like your badmotorfinger thread i hope. though the turn that one took was none of your doing anyways. now umm... what was the question..? :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Guilty on the first count, as for the second well I dont remember the old BMF thread.;)
    Guilty on the first count, as for the second well I dont remember the old BMF thread.;)

im shocked... on both the above counts. ;):p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Me drinking should never really be cause for shock.;)

On topic 13 Angels and Doublewide are both incredible songs on an awesome album, they stand out to me at least.
    Me drinking should never really be cause for shock.;)

On topic 13 Angels and Doublewide are both incredible songs on an awesome album, they stand out to me at least.

not to anyone that knows you. :)

anyhoo now might be a good time to acknowledge i am unaware of corrosion of conformity's music. though i am all for the sentiment embodied in their name. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I'd reccomend the album and band to anyone, esppecially for the two songs mentioned above.
    I'd reccomend the album and band to anyone, esppecially for the two songs mentioned above.

im gonna need more than 2 songs. :)

describe them to me. are they metal? punk? faux punk? no wait they cant be faux punk cause you wouldnt listen to them if they were.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    im gonna need more than 2 songs. :)

describe them to me. are they metal? punk? faux punk? no wait they cant be faux punk cause you wouldnt listen to them if they were.

Heavy, hard rocking and dark, with a bit of good ole punk mentality somewhere in there, this will sell them better than I ever could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion_of_Conformity
    Heavy, hard rocking and dark, with a bit of good ole punk mentality somewhere in there, this will sell them better than I ever could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion_of_Conformity

you think id need to hear it from wiki before id take notice of your opinion reefer? you know better than that. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Like I says Americas Volume Dealer is an awesome album.
    Like I says Americas Volume Dealer is an awesome album.

noted. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Deliverence is better. Vote with a Bullet off Blind is another superb song
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    Deliverence is better. Vote with a Bullet off Blind is another superb song

I need to get Deliverence yet, it's up on the list though.:)
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    In The Arms Of God is an awesome album too. Different from the earlier stuff, but great nonetheless...
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Go with Deliverance and In The Arms of God first. Follow those up with Wiseblood, then AVD.

Early COC was some super-fast, hard core. The shifted to a more metal vibe with Blind, although other than the aformentioned Vote With A Bullet, most of that disc falls flat for me. They hit their stride with Deliverance though. It's an excellent blend of metal, hard rock, punk, and some southern style boogie. Wiseblood continues in the same vein.

America's Volume Dealer places more emphasis on the boogie and blues influences. As mentioned above 13 Angels is a monster of a song. Stare It Cold is also a cool example of them stepping out of their norm, great slide work by Warren Haynes too.

With In The Arms of God, the metal comes back with a vengeance. Stanton Moore, of Galactic, lays down some killer drums tracks and the production is stunning. One of the best sounding metal albums I've heard. The drum litteraly erupt from the speakers.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Blind and Deliverance getting vinyl reissues.

stoked
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    mickeyrat said:
    Blind and Deliverance getting vinyl reissues.

stoked
    Excellent news.... Deliverance is an album that holds memories in time. Thank you for the heads up...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    edited September 2021
    Deliverance is my favourite COC, but Blind was the first album of theirs I ever heard. I was 15 or 16 and a friend at school said she’d give me a copy of Seputura’s ‘Arise’ album. I gave her a blank D90 (look it up kids =) ) and she copied Blind on the b-side for me.
    Good times!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Blind pre-order available on Amazon. release date of November 2. COC reposted that link to lim ed version.

COC posted Deliverance preorder begins Oct 8. didn't catch a release date
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2021

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    I see they cover 'lord of this world'. Love that song.