Options

Seattle (PNW) Floods, I hope everyone is OK.

BrainofRobbieJBrainofRobbieJ Posts: 52
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I had no idea the weather was so bad out there as I have not caught the news in a while. There are highways under water etc...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22082408/

I want to let all you Pacific NW people to know you are in our prayers. I hope everyone out there is doing ok despite the conditions.

My wife and I just visited Seattle at the end of October so it kind of really dragged us down to hear about this. After being to the city and surrounding areas and then hearing about something like this it tears me up.
http://www.5against1live.com
http://www.myspace.com/5vs1
http://www.tributecity.com

I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in between is mine
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    I had no idea the weather was so bad out there ....... There are highways under water etc...

I want to let all you Pacific NW people to know you are in our prayers. I hope everyone out there is doing ok despite the conditions.

My sympathies also for anyone slogging it out in the hard hit areas. I was a little amazed watching the national news last night, though. They made it seem like most of Western WA was under 10 feet of water. Luckily, that's only true in a few spots. I'm just across the sound from Seattle, and it has been business as usual, no problems. Not much rain even.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    I'm the wife BrainofRobbieJ speaks of...and I just wanted to add a post of my own to say that I hope all of you out there are doing ok...

To read that parts of I-5 are completely underwater...and of the hikers who were killed in the avalanche on the Olympic Peninsula...just breaks my heart...

...xoxo...
    rocknrollgurl = *bee girl* @ www.myspace.com/pearljamgrrl

Everything you've imagined...needn't be stuck in your mind.
  • Options
    we can all thank global warming for this happening more often. the first ten years i was here we had one rain storm, one wind storm and one snow storm that actually amounted to anything significant. last year alone we had three ice/snow storms, two wind storms and more rain in november than we should get all winter. urban flooding is a bigger problem because of development and it's not going to get better, it's going to get worse.

the best thing everyone can do is give to the red cross to help people all over during natural disasters.
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I have lived in Seattle for 38 years.... and have never seen anything like this.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    I live in the PNW. The water and the storm damage is really kind of spotty. I think it is the more rural low lying areas that are having a majority of problems. I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the problem in those areas. In those areas, its terrible. I mean, you can't go from Portland to Seattle (and vice/versa) on I-5 for another 24-36 hours. And even after the water goes down, they still need to be sure the freeway is not badly damaged. What a cluster that is.

Here, in The 'Couve, on the day of the storm, I did see a port-o-potty tipped on its side. Ohhh! The chaos.
  • Options
    I just got back from a vacation to Seattle today. I was there from Saturday till today, and the rain/wind was incredible. I thought I was gonna have to build an arc. Anyway, aside from the terrible weather, this NYer thought Seattle was AMAZING!

Bill
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I heard about this on the news yesterday...
    I hope everyone's OK. They mentioned the snow, and then the rain, the floods, and how some ppl had died :(
    And then they also said about the snow blizzard on north-east :eek:
    What a crazy weather on both coasts! Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Take care, people.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I heard about this on the news yesterday...
    I hope everyone's OK. They mentioned the snow, and then the rain, the floods, and how some ppl had died :(
    And then they also said about the snow blizzard on north-east :eek:
    What a crazy weather on both coasts! Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Take care, people.
    see, you should stay home ;)

hope everyone's ok though..
  • Options
    atleast sleepless in seattle will be ok in his house boat

edit: sorry i just noticed people had died... nothing to joke about...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    see, you should stay home ;)

hope everyone's ok though..
    I'm not going anywhere anytime soon... :o
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    we are Ok at our house in Seattle
    I started a new thread titled dice & ice but I havent heard from lizard king or wolfbear
    I dont remember it ever being this bad either-
    we have had several " once in a 100 years" river levels- and that is in the last 8 0r so years :(
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Had 8 inches of snow on sun then on mon had so much water everywhere our road washed out briges collapes my 45 min commute to bremerton took me 5 hours. Had to make sure all my posters where up and off the ground just in case u know. But thank god the water si going down hoepfully centalia is gettign better they got the worst of it.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Scary how rough this climate can be over us humans... My thoughts are with you PNW people. Stay safe.