*** FLOOD WATCH! Benefit Show Jan. 26th! ***

2»

Comments

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    einatshaul wrote:
    Well, figures... the one weekend I have no internet access... Yeyyyy!!! Gonna still be here!!! This is great news!!!

I am stuck at work but they wont let us get on my space it is blocked but i googled it and it came up on there they said time nad price TBA cant wait see u at the flood show it is going to be great I wil lbe in the green room gettign my drink on before the show and those yummy chicken strips
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I hope a lot of locals come out for this show. It is for a great cause with a legendary Seattle icon drummer, at one of the greatest little venues in Seattle!!!
  • Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that Matt Cameron will be on KISW(99.9) tonight to talk about the show. If I'm not mistaken, you can listen live at http://www.kisw.com
    The dj's name is Jolene and I'm pretty sure it should be on at 7:00p.m.(pst)
    Please tune in!
    ... and thanks again for your support of this event!!

Michael
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Sweet thanks. Will have to check it out. The website says it will take place in the 6pm hour. Guess I'll have to tune in early and listen to the whole show while making Chicken Alfredo. mmm
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
    irisdrums wrote:
    Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that Matt Cameron will be on KISW(99.9) tonight to talk about the show. If I'm not mistaken, you can listen live at http://www.kisw.com
    The dj's name is Jolene and I'm pretty sure it should be on at 7:00p.m.(pst)
    Please tune in!
    ... and thanks again for your support of this event!!

Michael
    Awesome dude! Thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait for Saturday!!!!
  • mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    I am at work tonight and cannot listen. If Matt mentions what time his band is going on, can you please post? I am not sure if they will actually play last. I now have to work Sat night till 10:30 and want to make sure I can still make it down to the Showbox in time. Thanks very much.

Peace,
    Matt
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
    sweet cant wiat to hear what he has to say the show is goign to be great and not to mention it is for a great causese u all at the green room for some prefunk
    Damn I missed it lastnight. Oh well can't wait for Tomorrow see you all there
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    You can listen to the interview here:
    http://kisw.com/pages/234708.php

See you at the show!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
    *dawn* wrote:
    You can listen to the interview here:
    http://kisw.com/pages/234708.php

See you at the show!
    Awesome, thanks!!

Tonights the show!!!
    Off to Seattle!!! See you fools there!!!

:D
  • Please let us know how good it was!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    so how was it????
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    The show was great!! Harrybu McCage is a full on jazz band. Matt got to prove what a pure BADASS HE IS ON THE KIT!! They were jamming out some funky ass jazz. The bass player played this beautiful stand up bass....and just whaled on it!!! And the keyboardist was really talented as well. They were very a very tight little jazz band. And then, for their encore after Matt said a few words, they played a few covers, and if I remember correctly they were; "Time Is on My Side" (written by Jerry Ragovoy (under the pseudonym of Norman Meade)), "Highway Star" (Deep Purple), and then I think a Chili Peppers song from Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but I can't remember which one.

Surface Tension was the first band and they were pretty good. Windowpane (2nd band) and Iris I (last band) were very talented as well. Surface Tension, Iris I, and Windowpane were all rock bands and they rocked out GOOD!!! Everyone who was there had a blast!!

Another great night at the Showbox FOR SURE!!!!!

They even had a raffle - they gave away a sweet pair of bongos and an acoustic guitar!!! Along with an ass load of t shirts and a few microphones. I didn't win anything, but I thought it was way cool they did that.
    Show was great got the drum sticks from matt and some autos and alot of sweet pics i will try adn post them here it was a good time
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    The show was great! I had heard that the band had a jazz twist, but was surprised to hear the full on jazz music. They had an upright bass, keyboards, and of course, very heavy drums. As aNiMaL said - the last three tunes were covers, I'm pretty sure the RHCP song was "suck my kiss". Sounded great on the upright bass!

I was bummed to be told when I arrived that the green room was at capacity - so ended up waiting in line in the cold until they let us in at about 7:15. Once we got in, got great seats in the bar area. I tried taking pics - but my camera phones sucks. Looking forward to evenflowman's pics!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
    Show was great got the drum sticks from matt and some autos and alot of sweet pics i will try adn post them here it was a good time

Lucky bastard. If I only had longer arms those sticks would be mine.
    Great time last night. Lots of fun, the music was great all around...
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Had a fabulous time! Got my FIRST SHOWBOX show nailed down! Glad to meet other Jamers in the front row, and Windowpane rocked!!
    Our Matt's drums - shined! all that Jazz finally gave him the stage he deserved, and as always, stayed cool doing it. (Why no Black Diamond though? why?).

Could've been a bigger turnout though.
    einatshaul wrote:
    Could've been a bigger turnout though.
    Yeah, that was too bad there wasn't more people there. That was the first time in all the times I have been at the Showbox that I have ever seen them not open one of the bars.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, that was too bad there wasn't more people there. That was the first time in all the times I have been at the Showbox that I have ever seen them not open one of the bars.

They had a bar open but thought there would be more people there there were more people in the green room for the obama viewing then at the show but oh well they all missed out it was amazing show cant wiat to see u all at the flight to mars show
  • Photos? Sounds like it was awesome!
  • I'm still waiting for them to make up the show in Cincinnati when riverbend got rained out..

1st post
    Long time PJ lover!!!