Options

itw. the price of an hd-dvd to a dvd ..

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
edited March 2008 in The Porch
... it's mindblowing. just this afternoon i picked up the dvd & dl-dvd copies over at futureshop. why i bought both, cause not all my tvs/cpu's w/players do hd-dvd & many of my friends don't have a hd player. plus .. i buy anything that's pj related at a store i walk into. :P

the price difference for just the 2 disc dvd set to the hd-dvd copy is 2 dollars. 2 dollars?? what the ... dvds are way cheaper then a hd-dvd disc. 2 dvds don't come close to a price of a hd-dvd disc.

picture034to0.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    ... it's mindblowing. just this afternoon i picked up the dvd & dl-dvd copies over at futureshop. why i bought both, cause not all my tvs/cpu's w/players do hd-dvd & many of my friends don't have a hd player. plus .. i buy anything that's pj related at a store i walk into. :P

the price difference for just the 2 disc dvd set to the hd-dvd copy is 2 dollars. 2 dollars?? what the ... dvds are way cheaper then a hd-dvd disc. 2 dvds don't come close to a price of a hd-dvd disc.

picture034to0.jpg

It's because HD DVD is dead and now they are clearing them out. ITW will be on blu-ray probably in a few months.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    TacoJammer wrote:
    It's because HD DVD is dead and now they are clearing them out. ITW will be on blu-ray probably in a few months.

it's been around the same prices months back with hd-dvd films & blu-ray films with the same day releases to the dvd releases. dvds should be getting cheaper & cheaper by the month .. then their hd brothers. 2 buck difference is just nuts. but what am i saying. record stores here are still selling single cd albums for $23.99.

i can see itw being released on blu-ray down the road. making the into the wild hd-dvd copy a collectable item.
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Only reason prices are so close is that HD-DVD is dead and everyone is trying to clear their inventory as quickly as possible to be able to stock higher profit items in their stores (Blu Ray etc.).

as for ITW HD-DVD becoming a collectible, I don't think that's going to happen.
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    i can see itw being released on blu-ray down the road. making the into the wild hd-dvd copy a collectable item.

that's like calling betamax a collectible. I love that hd-dvd is no more. makes my ps3 purchase much better.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    ...a collectible item to the five people who will still own HD-DVD in two years.

And who's to say any of them will care about Into the Wild or Eddie Vedder?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    Almost as collectible as the ITW BetaMax release....

One mans junk is another mans treasure.
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    Thankfully, HD-DVD players can play standard DVDs and upconvert them to look pretty good on an HDTV- they are better than betamax in that sense
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23