Options

Into the Wild Bookmark

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I went down to the campus bookstore at my old college (Pomona College in Claremont, CA) yesterday, looking for a Christmas present for my girlfriend (she attended a neighboring college and I wanted to buy her a sweater).

To my surprise, there was an "Into the Wild" display on the front counter. I was surpised because I worked at that bookstore for 4 years, and have been back at least a few times every year since I graduated in 2001, and have NEVER seen a CD sold at the store before.

But there it was -- the soundtrack (for $13.49), and free bookmarks to go along with it. Of course, I grabbed myself a small handful, because what's better than a PJ-related bookmark? :)

Anyway, not too exciting, I know, but just thought I'd share!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I haven't seen any into the wild bookmarks! Nice little score. I'm from the Claremont area and I'm in love with your (former) campus!! And it doesn't hurt having Rhino Records downtown. Found my PJ unplugged there!
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    I haven't seen any into the wild bookmarks! Nice little score. I'm from the Claremont area and I'm in love with your (former) campus!! And it doesn't hurt having Rhino Records downtown. Found my PJ unplugged there!

Yep, Rhino Records is a little gem. I've probably spent $20,000 there in the last decade (since I started going to Pomona). That's where I got my Avocado promo shirt, my Temple of the Dog LP for $4.99, some autographed Ben Harper stuff, a ton of 2000/2003 official boots, and countless other cool things. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus