Thinking of selling the NashVegas (potential guitar for sale)

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
It's been a while since I checked in here regarding my own revolving door of gear aquisition and sales. Most recent activities:

Traded my Art & Lutherie Ami for a silverface Bassman head and Crate 4x10" cab loaded with Weber alnicos that I had owned previously.

Picked up an original Sovtek/Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi at a pawn shop.

Was given back a goldtop Epiphone Les Paul that I bought a few years back and then traded away (I have an awesome girlfriend).

I'm now looking at my potential summer gear aquisition, and have been thinking long and hard about building a Warmoth Tele-body Variax. I'm 99% sure I want to do it, only I'd need to let one of my current guitars go, and the NashVegas is next on the list.

For those who don't know about it, it's a 1998 Fender Nashville Tele that I gutted and rebuilt. It now has a Harmonic Design S-90 in the bridge and a pair of Fralin High Output Strat pickups in the middle and neck, with a Warmoth tortoise-shell pickguard. Originally intended to be a Position-4-Strat with a nice, edgy bridge pickup, and it is all that and more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Nashville1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Nashville2.jpg

I'll probably decide in the next two or three days whether I'm selling, and if I do, I'll post a message on the gear page and list it on eBay. It's got a really nice poly-molded Squier hardshell case.

Anyone here interested? Anyone have an idea what it should sell for? Anyone else have interesting new gear?
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wow...very nice. A real beauty, for me I doubt I could part with that one haha.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • That's really nice!!

I wish I was in the market for a guitar :(:(
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's been a while since I checked in here regarding my own revolving door of gear aquisition and sales. Most recent activities:

Traded my Art & Lutherie Ami for a silverface Bassman head and Crate 4x10" cab loaded with Weber alnicos that I had owned previously.

Picked up an original Sovtek/Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi at a pawn shop.

Was given back a goldtop Epiphone Les Paul that I bought a few years back and then traded away (I have an awesome girlfriend).

I'm now looking at my potential summer gear aquisition, and have been thinking long and hard about building a Warmoth Tele-body Variax. I'm 99% sure I want to do it, only I'd need to let one of my current guitars go, and the NashVegas is next on the list.

For those who don't know about it, it's a 1998 Fender Nashville Tele that I gutted and rebuilt. It now has a Harmonic Design S-90 in the bridge and a pair of Fralin High Output Strat pickups in the middle and neck, with a Warmoth tortoise-shell pickguard. Originally intended to be a Position-4-Strat with a nice, edgy bridge pickup, and it is all that and more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Nashville1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Nashville2.jpg

I'll probably decide in the next two or three days whether I'm selling, and if I do, I'll post a message on the gear page and list it on eBay. It's got a really nice poly-molded Squier hardshell case.

Anyone here interested? Anyone have an idea what it should sell for? Anyone else have interesting new gear?

why do you do this right after I spend big dollars?

That is a freaking awesome guitar, and you sell it now!! Bastard!

I'd still probably trade out the frailins for lower output blues versions but if you like hot pups wow that's a screamer. It'd last about 2.5 seconds in nashville. Trust me those pups sound freaking phenominal on the new bassman and tweed twins. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the S-90.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    NICE... I am definitely interested, but I do not have extra funds at the moment.

I could definitely use a guitar like that now though.

I have a revamped rig... I broke my self imposed embargo because I am now the #2 guitar in my band, and I "needed" a rock star worthy rig to play.

The new setup:

Gibson 59 RI ES-335 / my homemade tele
    Peterson Strobostomp
    BJF Honey Bee
    BJF Pink Purple Fuzz
    Victoria 50212 (Tweed Twin)

Keys:
    Nord Electro 2 61
    Ampeg BR-2E
    Ampeg SVT Classic 410

Vocals:
    Audix OM-7

Harp:
    SM-57
    Hohner Marine Band and Special 20 Harps

Now my money is diverted to travels/concerts for the summer. Namely, Pearl Jam, The Black Keys, and Tom Petty. Cleveland, Chicago, and Houston...
    There's No Code.
  • Might be interested....depending on what you ask for it. :) I have always wanted a Tele.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Wish you could have sold it staight up and not through eBay but hey I understand. Six days to go........
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Wish you could have sold it staight up and not through eBay but hey I understand. Six days to go........

Well, with no bids, I'd take offers. I have $800 into the guitar, so I'd like to get close to that. Let me know.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.