oh how i wish......

thumbinmywaythumbinmyway Posts: 33
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
that i could play and sing at the same time. ive been playing for a little over a year and i still cant do it. were any of you like this? do you think itll come to me eventually? any tips???i love playing long road and thumbing my way, among others, but i cant even begin to sing and play at the same time.....
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    i was the same way. it'll come, just keep practicing. its really just a sense of developing rhythm.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I have the same problem...been learning the guitar for about 6 months now. I just can't seem to sing and play at the same time. :o
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Originally posted by Telesonic
    i was the same way. it'll come, just keep practicing. its really just a sense of developing rhythm.

Exaclty, I never thought I would be able to do so and suddenly it was there. Start with easy songs though, where the singing nicely follows the guitar rythm. Elderly Woman for instance might look like an easy song to play, but at first it was a bitch to sing to. Start out easy and suddenly it will work. Then you can try harder songs...
  • isisisis Posts: 34
    BB king says he cannot sing and play at the same time.
    Maybe he just stopped trying after a while, so don't give up.

There are 2 songs I can't sing while playing, no matter how hard I try, they are: "come as you are" and "I could have lied" (just for the "there must be something in the way I feel" part).
    I don't want to hear from those who know
  • Radiohead-songs are a treat. Respect to Thom Yorke I say! Anyone who sing and play paranoid android simultaniously, I'm buying a beer.