i run it threw my friends crate 2 x 12 it sounds amazing
"thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
thiers still time so escape,,,,
auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    some of the old squires were real gems. as long as it's a good piece of wood, you can do anything with it.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, there was even a time, long ago, in the before-time, when Japanese Strats sounded good. Ah, those were the days...

I almost prefer new Mexican Fenders over new American Fenders. They're half the price, the same quality electronics, and pretty damned good wood. And there isn't that uppity attitude that accompanies American Fender players. My Mexican Tele/Esquire and my Mexican P-Bass are a happy family (with our red-headed bastard step-child, my American Tele-Sonic).

New pickups of good quality can make almost any guitar sound a world better.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it has to do with the factory McCready.

Japan has some of the cleanest factories and they have highly skilled electronics workers. Thus the brilliance of some of the new Ibanez stuff like the JS-1000. True it's not really for our sound but back in the 80's they build some damn fine fenders. Then to cut costs Fender axed Fender Japan and started building Squire affinities in China and Korea and the better ones in Mexico

The fender factory in mexico is about 20 miles south of Corona Calif. where they build American Fenders. Its a state of the art brand new factory and that's part of the reason the Mexicans are good quality.

Nothing sounds or plays like the old strats even the custom shops though they are close pick up a 65 and you'll know instantly, but we all can't pay 5 grand for a guitar either huh.

Oh well the custom shops are only about 2200 and you can finance em I guess.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    its a 90 i think made in korea its a nice piece of wood i painted it, blue from red
    that was a bitch,

i now have a 97 lonestar, american strat and sometimes the squire sounds better

peace!
    "thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
    thiers still time so escape,,,,
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The wood quality is the biggest variable. I hate cheap wood in a guitar! That's the main reason I hate the mid- to late-90's Japanese Fenders. I think I would still rather have a Mexican Fender that I could beat around a bit, than have a $2000+ Custom Shop that I don't ever take out of the case. If I ever get to be a touring musician, I think I'll just get two Mexican Tele's (with a SD Quarter-Pounder in the bridge, no neck pup) and two Epiphone LP Juniors (one with P-90's, one with Classic '57's). Then I'll have great tone on good-feeling guitars that I can put through the paces and not cry if they break a neck joint or headstock.

Then I can have a bunch of really expensive guitars for studio work...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ah, scratches add character the funny thing is you pay more for a relic.

If I was touring I'd play used Japs I could find from the 80's or just beat the ones I already have because they're already scratched up good.

Then again if I was rich and touring I'd have the custom shop build me a few.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.