Guitarists!!! What are your hands like?

jimmy pjimmy p Posts: 71
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have really small little fingers, i dont think its a disadvantage since my hands are quite big anyway...but i wish they were just a bit bigger.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I would say mine are average size.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I guess I'm kinda lucky... I play bass and guitar but for a chick I have fairly long fingers, which is cool for both instruments I spose.

But it's not the length of the fingers... it's how u use them... hehe :)
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Originally posted by elusive_one
    I guess I'm kinda lucky... I play bass and guitar but for a chick I have fairly long fingers, which is cool for both instruments I spose.

Wow, you just saying that has made me feel so good about myself. Yeah, I am very very good at guitarconsidering im 16, been playing for about 2 years and am self tought. I have fast fingers. Thanks! And i have hair like Eddie 2000.
  • medium size which is good. But i would like to stretch further.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    long fingers but i don't have the knowledge to do all those fancy jazz chords anyway.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    mine are very short and stubby. terrible for playing guitar. although I do have that genetic thing where I can bend the tip of my third finger completely flat at a 90 degree angle. good for barring the top 3 strings.
  • Originally posted by elusive_one
    I guess I'm kinda lucky... I play bass and guitar but for a chick I have fairly long fingers, which is cool for both instruments I spose.

Nothing more sexy than a female bass player...
  • I'm a guy but I have sort of girlish hands: thin, soft (that's what all the girls say anyway) hands with thin long fingers. I played basketball for 13 years so my hands , fingers and wrist are quite flexible. Yet I'm not a Mike McCready by miles. Not even a Stone, just an Eddie.
  • Originally posted by Ghost
    And i have hair like Eddie 2000.

How does that affect your guitar skills? :p
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    my fingers got longer and more in a guitar player style shape during 10 years of playing....

but i dont think many people have the shape of fingers that jimi hendrix had!
    those where verry long !!!!!!!

greets
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    finger size isn't that important just think about Jerry Garcia......
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i have lil' hands....which make it hard to do barre chords, but solo'ing is okay still....with practise.
  • I have massive hands. Long fingers.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • large fingers pushing paint
  • Originally posted by pearlwax
    Nothing more sexy than a female bass player...

:D
  • I was at this party some years ago... the place had a drumkit and my drummer friend was sitting on the stool while we were chatting about music and about some guitar stuff...
    so this chick standin next to me, engaged in another conversation, said in my break of conversation "guitarists can finger really well" :o

and she didn't mean finger the fretboard.. ahem.

yeah. twas something i should've acted upon if you know what i mean.

lol.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • *sigh* Dan Dan Dan... always w/ the mind in the gutter *shakes head* I dunno, what are we gonna do w/ you :D
  • ive got average size hands but my fingers are short and stubby. when i first started playing i couldnt cover four frets with four fingers anywhere on the guitar.
  • excuse me, ELUSIVE ONE... my mind ain't in the gutter, that's what she said!!
    you are making fun of the highest point in my life girl
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • i got a kind of big-ish band, with kind of long and thin fingers.....apparently nice "piano hands", as suggested by my aunt once...
  • long fingers
    tips of my index, middle, and ring fingers on my left hand are shredded to pieces when i play for about five hours but are just hard caluses afterward
    ...please stand by the shore
  • been told i have a pianist hands ...long ,thin fingers
  • I've got short fingers..which make barre chords a bitch to play. I do improvise when I can get away with it by using my index to barre the fret and my ring finger covering the 5th and octave note. This works really well when playing quick minor power chords....but playing a major chord can be a hassle.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow