Options

For all those Les Paul fans

robrob Posts: 142
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I went to see him up in New York City last night. He plays every Monday night at the Iridium.
How f'n cool it was to see that guy walk out to play. He could have just walked out and walked off and I would've said,,, "That was Great!"
I highly suggest if you live near there to check him out. He's like 87 years old and still smoking on guitar. It's like the history of electric guitar and echo effects and multitrack recording sitting and playing right in front of your face. He even talks to you after the show.
How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    which guitar did he play the white 3 P/U SG?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    No
    Unbelievably enough, he played a Les Paul!
    Sunburst with a bigsby tremelo.

He told me to bring my '58 burst some night and he would sign it. I think that's the only marking I would allow on that guitar.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by rob
    No
    Unbelievably enough, he played a Les Paul!
    Sunburst with a bigsby tremelo.

He told me to bring my '58 burst some night and he would sign it. I think that's the only marking I would allow on that guitar.

Lets us know which night so we can take after he signs it. Of course, we'll let you buy it back off e-bay. j/k
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    that's bad ass A 58 signed by the man himself.

I think he likes those Nighthawks he helped create a few years ago too but a Les Paul with a Bigsby is a great guitar indeed especially in sunburst. I just love a good sunburst.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    That sounds like a very good night out. Who wouldn't want to be in his presence and hear him play.
    Originally posted by rob
    I went to see him up in New York City last night. He plays every Monday night at the Iridium.
    How f'n cool it was to see that guy walk out to play. He could have just walked out and walked off and I would've said,,, "That was Great!"
    I highly suggest if you live near there to check him out. He's like 87 years old and still smoking on guitar. It's like the history of electric guitar and echo effects and multitrack recording sitting and playing right in front of your face. He even talks to you after the show.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    That sounds like a very good night out. Who wouldn't want to be in his presence and hear him play.

Awesome night. Great place. I'm still buzzing about it.

My chain sawing muscles are still buzzing about it ,too. Ooh oww oowee owwee owee owee!, Well off to my roof!

[Now I know I have to keep my burst well hidden. I think I'll hide it behind the couch in my living room!]
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!