Options

Engine of the Ocean (our band)

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just thought I'd share my band's music for those interested.

http://www.engineoftheocean.com

you can download 5 demo songs in 128bit MP3 format free. I suggest "reverse" and "im sorry"

let me know what you think if you check it out.

-low
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    i've gone to your site. you guys are from ft. worth huh? i'm from dallas. are you guys playing anywhere soon? "i'm sorry" is really good. i love it.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    I just downloaded 'I'm Sorry'.....wow.

Its very good, so i think i'll download the others as well. Good luck to ya, hope things work out.

Ross
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    i really appreciate the time it takes to actually go to someones sight and d/l music in this medium.

thanks you two :) glad it was worth a d/l.

lance- i PM'd ya

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    is your singer eddie vedder?
    but anyway.. you guys sound really good.
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    i guess i'll always be compared to him. and that makes me feel humbled. because he's a lot better singer than i am.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    I'm sorry sounds pretty sweet, good luck to ya.
    Bowwowwow...yippie yo...yippie ye...bow wow...yippie yo...yippie ye...
    -Eddie Vedder
    (Blood, 7-5-03, Camden 1)
  • Options
    yeah.. good luck to ya.. it sounds pretty good
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    i appreciate it guys, thanks. we begin recording another 11 songs next saturday ;)

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    great website, i love seeing that stuff, oh by the way nice name. where does it come from and or does it have a meaning behind it
    hail, hail, the lucky ones in love
  • Options
    wow you guys are still together, um...i remember awhile back downloading those songs great job.

ben...
    Peace and love eV~
  • Options
    well, i was really depressed years back when i first started learning to play guitar... and i felt almost trapped up to my chin in depression. so i kind of envisioned myself up to my neck in a glass smooth ocean with no waves to move me out of that place... so i started picking this riff and it became a song asking the engine of the ocean to stir its waves and free me from it all... the waves start small but eventually build into a tidal wave and before the wave crashes an angel lifts me from it and freedom..

thats paraphrased anyway... you get the idea. the song was never written although i like the riff still... may use it someday. but it occured to me it was original enough to be a band name...

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Hey low how's it going? I see you are going to record next week. That's great!! So how did your gigs go over the last few weeks?
    " I think the thing that has always driven me to play music is the feeling you get when you just close your eyes and play. When you shut off the logic in your brain, and play from your heart. I think that's what made me become a musician - that feeling you get. Especially, if you are with a group of people who are in the same zone, and heading towards that same place in the song. I think you share an intimacy in those situations that you can only compare to sharing intimacy with a lover. I think it's the same place. It's a feeling that I crave for sure. " Jeff Ament
  • Options
    very well. i think i've had the best time the last gig at the saffire lounge. it's such a great place to play acoustically.

we are gonna record those 11 new songs starting saturday ... BUT we also have a gig that night. LONG day. 9am-1am day i bet. 9-7 recording... 10-whenever playing later. wish me luck :)

i just cant wait to get the other songs cut. because those other five songs are just so bare without the other songs surrounding them.

the pieces fit better when you hear it all... ill let you be the judge though when we are done.

thanks againm yieldG
    -dm
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Good luck! Check your pm!
    " I think the thing that has always driven me to play music is the feeling you get when you just close your eyes and play. When you shut off the logic in your brain, and play from your heart. I think that's what made me become a musician - that feeling you get. Especially, if you are with a group of people who are in the same zone, and heading towards that same place in the song. I think you share an intimacy in those situations that you can only compare to sharing intimacy with a lover. I think it's the same place. It's a feeling that I crave for sure. " Jeff Ament
  • Options
    thanks yieldy. now check your PM heh.
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    hey, great stuff man. if i lived relatively close to ft worth id come check you out. those songs are great though!
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    i appreciate it :) thanks for checking the songs out.

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    we begin recording tomorrow...

12 new songs.... this is the list even though you have no idea what these songs are. ;)

Reaching
    I know
    Buried time
    Own
    Dry your eyes
    Let go
    So much for nothing
    Again
    Take me out
    Manis
    General store

wish us luck
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    good luck :D
  • Options
    Good luck!
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    Yeah its good, sounds a bit like the calling though. Which in my opinion isn't a good thing, but it is good.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'