looking for acoustic guitar

Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
whats a good, medium priced acoustic electric, i have a strat electric, but want an acoustic...any help is good
MSG 2 - 03
Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
Irving Plaza - 06
Albany - 06
Hartford - 06
East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
Bonnaroo - 08
MSG 1 & 2 - 08
Hartford - 08
Mansfield 1 - 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    look for a solid top or preferebly all solid wood acoustic.

Taylor, Martin, Takamine, Tacoma, and Larravie, Alvarez all make excellent mid priced guitars.

Depending on what you want to spend one of my favorites is the Martin D-1 at around 800 I think it is the cheapest all solid wood Martin.

The Taylor 300 and 400 series are great a little more than I think you want to spend.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    If I had it all to do over again, I would've purchased this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031016201712150131025216403205/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/45950

It's got laminate back and sides, but it's a great-feeling guitar that sounds great. And the price is pretty damned good.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah the martin triple zeros are great.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    i have a gibson King Blues electro wide body. cant beat a wide body guitar for over all tone. i love that damn guitar. but it was pricey over a grand.

-dm
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • if you want a good midpriced get a taylor 110 or an ibanez spruce top.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.