my muff is dead

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
the moral of the story: don't buy russian muffs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the muff is dead. Long live the Muff.

The problem with russian muffs is that they get over here on your dime and then just refuse to work in a year.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    but they sound ever so good. maybe i can fix here. but she's made so cheaply.
    replace the jacks and check the soldier joints. that'd be the problem.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    that and the fact that everything they used was cheap like borscht.
    what do you expect for 54 bucks? the creamy dreamer is the same exact circuit with epoxy covering it for 200 bucks.
    boutique is evil sometimes. z.vex and keeley get props though.

i'll get it fixed up. the circuit boards ok. i think i'll replace the pots, switch etc. etc. and find a box it'll actually fit in. the sounds too good to let it die.
    coolest thing is you get to rename it something cool.

Like Mr. Distorto or the Muff Diver. Something cool.
    i'm going to get a 1590J box. same width as a BB but an extra inch or so longer so it'll fit perfectly.

new pots, true bypassed, huge honking blue LED. good times.

in other news, i noticed your little orange has no reverb. how have you dealt with that? i think i'd go nuts.
    well, If you hear an orange you'll know why I'm ok with it for now.

I miss Reverb but I have to pay off this damn recorder first.

The thing is the sound is so big and full you don't miss reverb but I do kind of want one now. When I was in my basement the room reverb was excellent on its own. I'd like a delay too.
    i really wish my dealer would carry orange just so i could try one out.
    they are adding all the time. You can check the Orange website to find out where they sell in Canada.

Orange USA is actually an Apartment here in Atlanta. The whole company employs less than 50 people I think. Maybe only 10 people. They had to expand to meet the orders early this year.
    the only guys here are those bastards at guitarworks i was talking about the other day.
    So you take one trip to the music shop and only use one brick to make that window drop- B. Nowell.

Orange problem is the same as that of Mesa a few years ago. Pretty high demand (Really f-ing high for Mesa) but not enough dealers or ability to produce enough amps to meet demand.
    my shop did have the head only version of a mesa F30. looked like fun. i was there last night bidding adieu to that ch-1.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/F-Series/F-30/F-30.html

window shopping is fun.
    http://www.rivera.com/prod_latest.htm

some of my new personal favorites here.