Options

please check this schematic

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
can anyone see anything wrong with this pickup wiring diagram. i should be able to do this seeing as i'm a damn engineer but i'm just making sure.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/schematic.pdf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    could you not simplify the whole thing with a 5 or 7 way switch?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    a 5 way doesn't give me the six combinations i need.

a 7 way could do it. delete the kill switches plus i could put vol/tone on all three pickups.

7 positions is a hell of a lot though. and i'd lose the kill at any time option.

P1: kill
    P2: bridge
    P3: bridge middle
    P4: middle
    P5: neck middle
    P6: bridge neck
    P7: neck

i'll try to draw that up.

i think the 3-way and kill switches translates to more intuitive operation.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah I was just trying to work out a way you could use the P/U's in any combination,

I suppose you could use a five way switch and a kill switch and middle kill/all on switch. That'd give you the most options. The 3 way would only give you one at a time.

You could go with a rotary 5 way and 2 slides
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    well, i just went to the seymour duncan boards for help with pickup choices and for more wiring ideas. i feel like such a n00b.
  • Options
    kill switch won't fit in a 3/8" hole. so i'm going to put a concentric tone/volume in front of the middle PU too. same basic wiring but now the ability to roll in the middle pickup (in parallel with whatever neck/brdige combo is on) to any level. infinite combinations.

i'm still going to add a circuit kill though.

i think i've got the wiring diagram cased.

now to design the mods for my tele.
  • Options
    ok, paco. i fixed it up pretty like.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar%20wiring.gif