Options

Good strings

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My brother gave me some D'Addario strings he had laying around. Can they be used on my bass or are they strictly guitar strings.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    bass and guitar strings are so totally different that i'd say no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    bass and guitar strings are so totally different that i'd say no.

These are some nice strings, oh well.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    get a fender bass VI!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    get a fender bass VI!! :D

And do what, let it live out its existence in a case. Its been almost 2 weeks since I've touched my bass. 'm just not there lately, you know.
  • Options
    lol, uumm bass strings for bass, guitar strings for guitar. They do not mix lol.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • Options
    Originally posted by nocode198
    lol, uumm bass strings for bass, guitar strings for guitar. They do not mix lol.

Yes I know the differences in strings, I was asking because I'd remember a name of some of the junk I'm getting, There were several package of strings. Being a bass player, maybe you can tell me if I should use those strings on the white, Les Paul Gibson guitar that was part of that junk. Or maybe I'll check on one of the other 4 that I got. We're cleaning out the garage so don't make assumptions.
  • Options
    I use D'Addario
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    i use GHS on my electrics and d'addario on my acoustics.
  • Options
    So if you were to use guitar strings on your bass....what would you do with the other two strings??? LOL

I use Boomers on my geetar.
    "you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself"

"model role-model no dumma dah...fuck"
    Satan's Bed 5/3/03