hahaha. well there goes my pedal business.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.loooper.com/

fuck. *everything* i thought of on my own is already being done. i really thought i was on to something.

oh well. buy em from this guy kids. however, those that i've already made will go out to you kids who wanted them. this sucks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    that's one business... give him/her some competition!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    they're better finished, probably better made. and he's probably got the copyrights on all the circuits.
  • dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    you can copyright circuits?

fucken hell.. nice world
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hey man those are the guys I was telling you about weeks ago.

Pretty cool huh.

Sorry. I though they were out of business. Either way. It's not a grumpy cockatiel If I can make up a good enough rumor and spread it around HC. I bet we can get hundreds off of E bay.

:)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by dan_alive
    you can copyright circuits?

fucken hell.. nice world

i can copyright this thread. ©me

it would be funny if i didn't actually have my hopes up and if i hadn't already spend 350 bucks on parts.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    hey man those are the guys I was telling you about weeks ago.

i don't remember that at all.
    i don't get it though. he and keeley are making *exactly* the same loop true bypass box. same enclosure and everything. keeley's is $12 more of course.
    they guys are friends with Keeley.

extra money is bench time.

Their site was down for a while I tried to link it a few weeks ago when you were getting into this. I thought they went out of business.

Sorry.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    oh well. like i said, i'll send out yours, rob's and pure's and call it a day.
    you sound depressed.
    i am. i really thought i had something. i'll still make my own for my own board though and save a lot of money.
    check out the 3pdt switches from the fxdoctor for 9 bucks each.

Dude, don't be upset. You are still building. Just like guitarists there is always someone better. The more you know about building stuff the better you will understand how it all works.

It's not a bad thing that you built all those. I think they are cool
    i'm planning on buying some 3PDTs and doing true bypasses on the pedals i can and building bypass boxes for the rest (that have the damn DPDTs on the boards). i'll check out fxdoctor. i asked the loooper guy if would tell me where he got the long, narrow enclosures for bypass strips. we'll see if he helps.

i need to replace the switch on my 535 too. it's going wonky.
    you need to use a carling on the Wah (Per Mike Fuller) he says the Fulltone's are too deep and can break stuff check out the fulltone site for clarification
    yeah, i knew about the different wah switch. no LED either so DPDT is ok too.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i don't get it though. he and keeley are making *exactly* the same loop true bypass box. same enclosure and everything. keeley's is $12 more of course.

They probably hear what you were doing. And, I do believe you posted your schematics. They being backed by a company was quicker. I remember paco saying something about this Keebler person and how they might have something like yours, but that particular product was not there at that time.

Next time, and there will be a next time, that you get an idea, lets not put it on the open internet.

I still want mines from you as it is an original design.

Sorry, don't be disappointed, great mines think alike, its just that corporate sponsorship moves faster.

We"ll all be waiting for that next lightbulb to go off in your head and make us more efficient musicians.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    naw, the guy's been at it for a while. he didn't get it from me that's for sure.
    yeah the looper guy has been at it for a while I found out about him last year before I knew about this board. I used to do a lot of research.

Sorry Old Boy. Still. You did it really. You built things that work and are cool that are individual and special. I'm proud of you.
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Keep it going man!
    So somebody invented the 6 stringed guitar.
    Look what happened there! They don't have a patent!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

ROB! Welcome back.
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Thanks
    I'll be here for a couple of days.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Originally posted by rob
    Keep it going man!
    So somebody invented the 6 stringed guitar.
    Look what happened there! They don't have a patent!

well, they *did* at one point. :)

someday i'll think of something unique.
    I need a new trumpflungular.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I need a new trumpflungular.

the don won't fit in a BB sized box.
    hmm. maybe the custom box. I'll ask Dr. Seuss.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    exhausted, don't give up man. there's no copyright on those type of circuits.

i'm actually about to start up my own effect pedal company soon. i've already designed and prototyped a ts808 clone and a big muff pi clone. Both of which i've improved the circuit from the originals. i've designed the circuit boards, used the best quality components, and offer true bypass clickless switching. plus, the enclosures will have a nice powder coat finish and silk screen labels. i think i can sell quite a few of them cuz they will look good and sound awesome.

hopefully, i'm going to get a website up soon to help sell them at a decent price. i know i've got to compete against guys like keeley and analogman, but i'm gonna give it a shot cuz i think i offer a product that is just as good if not better.

hell, go ahead and keep making them and give those guys some competition.

i can help you out. i've done alot of research in terms of pedal building and finishing.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    the guy that runs loooper seems like a pretty cool guy. i've been emailing back and forth with him today.

i may still proceed with the three designs i've prototyped so far. still need to look into the costs of getting a business license and everything.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the guy that runs loooper seems like a pretty cool guy. i've been emailing back and forth with him today.

i may still proceed with the three designs i've prototyped so far. still need to look into the costs of getting a business license and everything.

Getting your own business started is cheap. All you have to do is register at your local town hall for like $40. I have my own web design company, and it was a hellof a lot easier to set up than I thought it was going to be.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    i'm hoping it is easy here. i would have to get a business number and everything from the federal government though. i have a bunch of sites bookmarked to research it.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Where do you live?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"