Options

I discover the 'contour' on my amp

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
It can do sweet things for a Telecaster neck pick-up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    which telecaster do you own, pearl? i'm thinking of getting one when i save up enough

is "contour" similar to "presence"? i've got that next to my reverb knob on my hot rod amp.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Options
    I have a 1993 American Standard Telecaster. Bought it used, but it was like new and unplayed, even the guy in the guitar shop said so when I took it in for a check.

Don't know if contour is the same as presence, I have a Marshall and don't know nothing about other amps.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the contour is a midrange cut knob. Turn it down and it scoops out the mids, turn it up and you get the classic mid heavy british sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Does this have any interaction or affect on the middle knob?
  • Options
    Yes. you will have substantially less middle on demand with the contour down but your highs and lows will be tighter with the mids scooped. Metal guys love it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Metal guys? Ooh! Not for me than, I'll leave it alone ;)
  • Options
    by all means play with it. Controls are there for you to play with they all interact with each other differently. play with adjust and fiddle. It's fun.
  • Options
    I was kidding. It sounds good with my Telecaster, but it sucks (like in metal) when I use the bridge on my Epiphone Les Paul.