Who is Eddie's band going to consist of?

SFOtoJFKSFOtoJFK Posts: 35
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Flying out from NYC to see the show in SC and was wondering who EV's band is going to be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    SFOtoJFK wrote:
    Flying out from NYC to see the show in SC and was wondering who EV's band is going to be.

see thats where I think this whole "april fools" thing is gonna kick in. My prediction is that his backing band is the rest of Pearl Jam. And this "solo" tour is all just a big ruse.

it will be "vic" like, ed will come out and do his thing, then the rest of the band will rock out. I just dont see Ed playing for 2+ hours by himself

wouldnt that be special?
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Or maybe the his other band. I.E- Jack and Flea :)
    NERDS!
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    pulaski wrote:
    see thats where I think this whole "april fools" thing is gonna kick in. My prediction is that his backing band is the rest of Pearl Jam. And this "solo" tour is all just a big ruse.

it will be "vic" like, ed will come out and do his thing, then the rest of the band will rock out. I just dont see Ed playing for 2+ hours by himself

wouldnt that be special?

I was thinking the same. some warm ups for roo and the rest.
  • Somehow, I don't think the rest of PJ wants to be seen as Ed's backup band for his ITW tour...
  • I don't know who it would be...but I also think it will be different musicians than the PJ members. Although I would LOVE it if the guys were the band for the solo tour! That would be GREAT! :)
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Jeff and Matt. maybe Boom?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    pulaski wrote:

wouldnt that be special?

not a chance in hell. i also doubt the shows will be over 2 hours. this is a solo ed tour guys, not a classic pearl jam tour. i bet he plays 90 minutes. lots of songs just him and an acoustic. maybe a few session musicians with him.
  • not a chance in hell. i also doubt the shows will be over 2 hours. this is a solo ed tour guys, not a classic pearl jam tour. i bet he plays 90 minutes. lots of songs just him and an acoustic. maybe a few session musicians with him.

I agree. This is going to be a purely EV event. I think Eddie is capable of entertaining a crowd of fans for 90 minutes all by himself.

I predict a total of at least 10-15 of story-telling between songs :)
  • Or maybe the his other band. I.E- Jack and Flea :)

Either or... I'm down :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Or maybe the his other band. I.E- Jack and Flea :)

Thats exactly what I thought since they didnt get to play the Bridge School Benefit.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    The more and more i see threads for the solo shows... the more and more i believe that pj will be there...

Weird slew of venues though
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    pulaski wrote:

wouldnt that be special?

good theory it could work just liek the vic do his itw stuff then introduce soem friends of his and man oh man that place will erupt. Glad i will see soem if the first shows so if it does happen i will be totally caught off guard and surprised
  • Anyone who thinks that Pearl Jam is going to rock out at any of these shows is crazy.

Now it's not to say that Mike or Jeff might not show up one night to give him a hand, but that would be the extent of it.

And I don't understand why so many people think he has to have anyone back him on this. I could be wrong, but I think EVERY indication is that this is Ed and Ed alone.
  • good theory it could work just liek the vic do his itw stuff then introduce soem friends of his and man oh man that place will erupt. Glad i will see soem if the first shows so if it does happen i will be totally caught off guard and surprised
    Like we were all caught off-guard\surprised\stunned\dumb-struck when Chris Cornell appreared on the stage to sing "Hunger Strike" with Eddie and "Reach Down" at the Santa Barbara benefit show in October of 2003!
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • These are NOT cleverly disguised Pearl Jam shows.

An artist can't just sell tickets advertising one thing and actually giving ticket-buyers something different.

That would be false advertising, wouldn't it? At the very least, it could open the door for all kinds of issues from people who really do want/expect to see Eddie solo, and paid money to do so.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • djonesr wrote:
    I agree. This is going to be a purely EV event. I think Eddie is capable of entertaining a crowd of fans for 90 minutes all by himself.

I predict a total of at least 10-15 of story-telling between songs :)

I agree too...Although the idea of the full band is great, Ed can easily entertain on his own for a full set...I would be happy to hear him tell stories in between songs - I ALMOST enjoy hearing him talk as much as hearing him sing...
  • theres a good chance it will be no band at all just Eddie, a guitar, a voice and some soul.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • These are NOT cleverly disguised Pearl Jam shows.

An artist can't just sell tickets advertising one thing and actually giving ticket-buyers something different.

That would be false advertising, wouldn't it? At the very least, it could open the door for all kinds of issues from people who really do want/expect to see Eddie solo, and paid money to do so.

Fully, but its fun to dream and speculate!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • theres a good chance it will be no band at all just Eddie, a guitar, a voice and some soul.

This is what I'm hoping for. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Chris Cornell, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    theres a good chance it will be no band at all just Eddie, a guitar, a voice and some soul.

This is what I'm hoping for!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Honestly, I can't see there not being SOME kind of band. Even though Eddie played pretty much everything on Into the Wild, he obviously cannot do it all at once live. Don't some of you think that the songs wouldn't sound quite as good with just Ed solo? The only songs he's done live so far are Guaranteed, Society, Rise, and No Ceiling. Those all lend themselves well to a 1 man band. But I feel like some of the others need something more (think about Hard Sun without those kick-ass drums).
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    o yeah someone would be pissed enough to sue cause they have seen a pearl jam show instead of a ev show. it's not really false advertising if he has a preset and a surprise guest of a pearl jam for 20 songs.
  • Mr. Vedders back-up vocalists.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    good one speedy, were those the midgets you were getting PMs from...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • i hear Mr. Vedder has hired some backup dancer too.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R28b8XXoXs
  • Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    manhattan wrote:
    Somehow, I don't think the rest of PJ wants to be seen as Ed's backup band for his ITW tour...

When was this tour ever billed as the ITW tour? There has to be some "April Fools" aspect to this EV Tour and my guess is also that it will be a mini Pearl Jam tour. That is the April Fools, they would not be his backup band, it would just be some warm up shows..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Opening act L.A. night 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-M5uVyfO7Y

actually.....

she has some talent.......
  • I heard it's gonna be Matt Pollock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7cpKF4hy8
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    Opening act L.A. night 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-M5uVyfO7Y

actually.....

she has some talent.......

maybe it'll be this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvP7AOQ_pA&feature=related..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."